Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JJ's Scan (old thread)

Comments

• Options
    Id go with Evina - Him and Wiggins can both attack and cover each other perfectly
  • Options
    gutted
  • Options
    Ephraim will go staight into the team now. Ready made replacement.
  • Options
    johnnie_jackson Johnnie Jackson 

@Buzzo1947 gonna be out for a few weeks mate,hopefully be back for Christmas programme
  • Options
    johnnie_jackson Johnnie Jackson 

@Buzzo1947 gonna be out for a few weeks mate,hopefully be back for Christmas programme
    Only Fools and Horses?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    This def seems like a major blow, who will be our penalty taker now?
  • Options
    This def seems like a major blow, who will be our penalty taker now?
    Surely Danny Green for pens. I remember him taking one cool as a cucumber at the Valley for Daggers
  • Options
    its a blow but we have ----Evina and Wiggins  or Wagstaff and Wiggins or Hogan and Wiggins  CP has enough time to make his mind up and all combos could do a job at this level.
  • Options
    If our only concern with Jacko & Stephens out is who will take the pens I will be a happy man
  • Options
    Jackson has said BWP will take pens on Twitter!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2011

Cant see how BWP couldnt handle it, he should get it get those goals up even more

Probs wont get another pen till next year now

• Options
    Powell should use the loan market before Thursday.
  • Options
    Don't want to diss any of our brilliant team.............BUT

Evina for Jacko - No Thanks !
  • Options
    Phil might not be a swop like that, could be Evina goes to fall back and Wiggins plays in front of him.  I think it might be worth trying Wagstaff in JJs place at least he knows that he has to cover his full back and support in mid-field as well as getting forward.
  • Options
    Dont think Ephraim is fit enough to start games yet.

Evina played most of his football for Oldham on the left wing. I'd go for him.
  • Options

I'd be more than happy with Evina vs Hudds, with Hogan on bench if we need to pep things up.  Plus Pritchard, Hayes, Waggy & Cort on bench.  Still looks like a strong 16 to me, esp compared with last season's rabble

• Options
    Evina should play. Against Halifax he looked more lik a winger than a LB... And he had tonnes of energy and will know that a wing back wants cover at the back and therefor he will help wiggins and when wiggins darts forward he can slot back to LB until Wiggins darts back...
  • Options
    CP mentioned yesterday looking at the loan market if JJ is out for a while so he clearly sees the need to bring in cover over and above what we have in reserve. 

I would expect him to try and get someone in this week. That will take us through to the end of the year.
  • Options

May have been looking at Parretts fitness today if we were playing Spurs.

• Options

Not sure either Evina or Hogan are the right choice. Since Green came into the side we have been playing closer to a 4-3-3 than anything else, with Green, Kermorgant and BWP up front. When we are attacking on the right Hughes drifts right to cover Green and Jackson comes inside. When we are attacking on the left Jackson tends to come inside to allow Wiggins to overlap. This has made the midfield more solid and less likely to be overrun on the counter attack.

I cant remember a time when we did well with two out and out attacking wingers. More typically we have played with the likes of Johnny Robinson, Graeme Stuart, Claus Jensen and Nicky Bailey-all more classical left or right sided midfield players than wingers.

Suggest Powell needs to get cover in the shape of somebody more like Jackson than Hogan, otherwise Pritchard is the best bet.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Not sure either Evina or Hogan are the right choice. Since Green came into the side we have been playing closer to a 4-3-3 than anything else, with Green, Kermorgant and BWP up front. When we are attacking on the right Hughes drifts right to cover Green and Jackson comes inside. When we are attacking on the left Jackson tends to come inside to allow Wiggins to overlap. This has made the midfield more solid and less likely to be overrun on the counter attack.

I cant remember a time when we did well with two out and out attacking wingers. More typically we have played with the likes of Johnny Robinson, Graeme Stuart, Claus Jensen and Nicky Bailey-all more classical left or right sided midfield players than wingers.

Suggest Powell needs to get cover in the shape of somebody more like Jackson than Hogan, otherwise Pritchard is the best bet.

This I agree with 100%. Clearly CP wanted the option of another winger in Hogan but Jackson's role is different.

If we can't get a straight replacement for JJ, then perhaps Evina at LB and then Wiggins playing more in the JJ role might be the way forward.

I do think we have a much stronger squad than last season so whilst a blow, it should not disrupt things too much.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

thought John robinson eventually became more of a winger as the years went on albeit a right footer who cut in rather than what a proper left footer would have done, Newton cdnt cross for toffee and game was more based on bombing in, and didn't Jensen play centrally/creative, as allowed by the marvellous S.Parker - or am I talking balcocks..?

I take the point about a need for balancing two wide men, but Hughes inclusion now allows this a bit more perhaps, with two more defence minded central player.

Jacksons loss is a potentially huge challenge, just hoping the effect is not the same as last year (terminal to the team)

• Options
    A massive blow for us but we have shown we've got strength in depth this year and hopefully it won't have an impact on the team.
  • Options

We are going to get injuries though, and I'm sure we can overcome despite losing a quality player for some weeks.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Bostock or Parrett on Loan maybe?.
  • Options
    Bostock please...
  • Options
    BOSTOCK!
  • Options
    BOSTOCK!

As an ex Eagle, shouldn't we refer to him as " B****CK " ?
  • Options
    Erm Darel Russell actually
  • Options
    So any news on how long he's going to be out for this time?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!