Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield - A Terriers eye view

2»

Comments

• Options
    surely 7-6 would be a good result !
  • Options
    I suspect Ephrain will start - He is a left sided (right footed) player who played 29 games and scored 3 goals for the Championship winners last season. He had a good run out on Saturday and Sir Chris will ensure he is ready. A few of us were trying to second guess why he was brought in but JJs injury has shown that we were potentially a bit week in terms of back up on the left and Sir Chris was filling that gap. Inspired. Crystal Palace mate (i use the term mate loosely) told me he couldn't believe he came to us as he is a player he was very impressed with and wished they had got him. 
  • Options

I know what you mean Prague.. I had non-refundable train tickets booked for the saturday so thats £55 down the drain. They don't take these things into consideration though.

Alan Lee really divides opinion at Town, some love him and some loathe him. I love him cos of his workrate and so in that respect he will be missed cos he makes things awkward for defenders. He doesn't score enough goals though, plain and simple. We still dont know whether his red card will be overturned yet but these things are a rarity so im expecting him to still be out.

Theres no doubt about it, Rhodes will be with us until summer. I trust our chairman implicitly and if he says hes not going I believe him. We're not in the ken davy era anymore, we dont need to sell anyone yet!

• Options

Theres no doubt about it, Rhodes will be with us until summer. I trust our chairman implicitly and if he says hes not going I believe him. We're not in the ken davy era anymore, we dont need to sell anyone yet!

Yes but Utd didn't need to sell Ronaldo? Football is a business and I have no doubt that if a large enough offer came in for BWP we would sell too, There's always a chance.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    From experience - the FA don't change decision on cards unless it is embaressingly obvious it shouldn't have been given or the ref admits to an error which they rarely do. 
  • Options

They'll only settle for a draw if it's 2-2 in the 89 ninth minute. We can open a big gap and they can stay in touch.

Nice to see you Townterrier.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    My honest view of our lot is that we are the best team in the league. I can't remember seeing one player from any of our opponents so far that I've thought, I'd rather we had him than our equivalent. We are very hard to break down at the back, extremely creative in midfield, and are scoring goals like it's going out of fashion. As well being able to build play very patiently, we can also break like lightning. This year's team is an absolute joy to watch.

My honest opinion of the match is that it could go either way. Just because I think we are the best team in the league, doesn't mean that I think we are unbeatable. You are obviously a very good side too, and we will have to be at our best if we hope to beat you. And at the end of the day, it's a game of football: Anything can happen. Indeed it could well be just one incident over 90 mins that decides the game. I don't really see this game having much affect on the final league table either. It's early days, of course, but whatever happens on Monday I still see us finishing top, you second and no-one else coming close.
  • Options
    It will probably be a tight game, IMO, and maybe more than a bit cagey.  Result could go either way.

Whatever happens, I hope that us and the Hudds go up in the automatics this season and that we build up a nice little gap between us and the play off places.  Both of us have good footballing sides and I hope that this is rewarded over some of the more physical teams that you get in this league.  I would love us to be champions, of course, but if we go up in 2nd you won't hear me complaining!

FWIW, even though some of the Wendys are convinced that Rhodes will be on his way in January, I can't see it happening.  I imagine he will be rewarded with a move in the summer, but to sell him now just makes no sense, and I'm sure your chairman realises this.  Same goes for BWP as well!
  • Options
    Too much at stake.  Both teams will want to avoid defeat and play tight. Neither Rhodes nor BWP will get the oportunity to score.
    Won't see many goals, 0-0 or 1-1.
    However, a 1-0 for us would prove me right and keep us all happy. 
  • Options
    Without jacko the game'll be a whole lot more open, with both teams vulnerable to counterattacks... 3-2 win
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I remember that game. The ground still only three stands back then and the wind was absolutely whistling in from the open end. We were in the opposite stand and the rain was horizontal by the time reached us - we were still getting wet at the back of the stand. Coldest I've ever been until I worked outside last week in -10°C temps with -10 wind chill factor. Brrrrrr.

Should be a good game I reckon. I would imagine Hudds will come at us which should allow us some space to play in. I would have thought a high scoring draw (2-2 or something) would be a decent bet. That would probably be better for us than Hudds.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Has a draw written all over it both teams showing the utmost respect for one another but if I was forced to pick a winner its the mighty reds with a piece of individual brilliance from BWP.
  • Options
    Its a pity you won't bring more than 500. Not a criticism, but 1,000 or more would have made for the atmosphere this fixture deserves.
    We'll bring about 500 on monday i reckon and I thing that will be fairly respectable for the day and time.
    Is that all you take awaaaay, is that all you take away :-)
    615 sold so far apparently so it could be nearer 1000 with nearly a week to go
  • Options

Townterrier, thanks for your input. In my view it is to your advantage that you are the away team strangely enough. Playing away you know what you have to do, siege mentality, make sure we kick the 'wrong' way, survive the first twenty minutes, quieten the crowd,  start to expand a bit, get a break, get a goal, build a performance around that, bond with the (I expect it will be more like 1000) fans, nick a second and job done.

Last season Huddersfield were the most purposeful and focussed team we played, a tough game by both teams for sure, but you got that free kick, expected to score, and did, and went away with the points.

For us playing at home the pressure and expectation is on. We are a very different prospect to last season though, and if truth be told we have not really had to produce a blood and guts, did deep performance so far this season, and we don't yet know if we can. We can play a bit, and missing Jackson will be a blow, as missing Dale Stephens has been a blow to our flowing football. if we were away (wish it was Leeds road btw), we would have a more understandable task, and a draw would be a great result. Indeed a draw at home in this particular match is still a good result.

I think for our lads, waiting all weekend, twiddling thumbs until Monday evening, may well throw us a bit (it did against the wendys) while Huddersfield have loads to do, travel, hotel, this that, plenty to keep occupied with.

So I say again, if we were the away side somehow I would be more relaxed. Either way, there is no excuse for both teams to be cautious. It is now set up as a proper game of real football, as it has been for the last two seasons, and both teams should try to play to their best, no need for tricks and mindgames, lets have a proper contest.

BTW Townterrier, if we can get a decent crowd in, and kick towards our fans second half, and stay in the game, there are occasions where the Valley can be intimidating (yes really), if we do that it will test the character of your boys.

Our plan B is to bribe the ref....allegedly.

• Options
    Welcome to the site btw Townterrier.

We welcome all decent away fans on here and appreciate them inputting different views. The Town fans we get on here have always come accross well.
    Even Betty
  • Options
    The TV companies should be obliged to refund fans' travel arrangements if they change the date of the match. I can't believe that they get away with this.
  • Options
    The TV companies should be obliged to refund fans' travel arrangements if they change the date of the match. I can't believe that they get away with this.
    I agree with you except that I can believe it, because English fans have totally failed to organise themselves beyond their tribal boundaries to stand up for the game as a whole. And generally neither have fans anywhere else. Even the Germans have finally surrendered to Sky.  Divide and rule. 
  • Options
    not much mention of the game around Xmas when Robbo scored a cracker and Eddie Youds career was effectively injured.
  • Options
    Don't think we'll go out gung ho -mind you we rarely do - we have goals in us so it is hard for teams to keep us out so a big part of our tactics will be to keep Huddersfield out. At the end of the day a draw wouldn't be a disater for either team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just one minor thing TT re. the club-sponsored travel - it goes back a lot further than this season, but my original comment was really for the benefit of other Lifers. As I said, you usually bring a good vociferous crowd even without it, so here's to a cracking atmosphere on Monday. As discussed many a time on here(!) we don't always take a healthy percentage of our impressive home gates away, but have a history of some very big "operations" for certain key games.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    We expect Huddersfield to bring more than 1,000. Their club's estimate is 1,000-,250. Police think possibly more than that. Overall the gate will be vey respectable for a Monday TV game - well above the 14,014 for Sheff Wed in September.
  • Options
    We expect Huddersfield to bring more than 1,000. Their club's estimate is 1,000-,250. Police think possibly more than that. Overall the gate will be vey respectable for a Monday TV game - well above the 14,014 for Sheff Wed in September.
    I'd say we will have around 16000. 
  • Options
    I suspect Ephrain will start - He is a left sided (right footed) player who played 29 games and scored 3 goals for the Championship winners last season. He had a good run out on Saturday and Sir Chris will ensure he is ready. A few of us were trying to second guess why he was brought in but JJs injury has shown that we were potentially a bit week in terms of back up on the left and Sir Chris was filling that gap. Inspired. Crystal Palace mate (i use the term mate loosely) told me he couldn't believe he came to us as he is a player he was very impressed with and wished they had got him. 
    Ephraine will be on the bench in case we need an impact sub late on. Expect to see Wagstaff replace JJ
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    What wrong with Evina?