Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley pub sign up for sale (On offer again, December 2012)

http://charltonchampion.co.uk/2011/11/24/buy-a-piece-of-charlton-drinking-and-football-history/

The old photo of the ground went a couple of years ago, but now the sign is being sold by a residents' group to help them prettify the area.

Comments

• Options
    I never went in there and the sign looks like it was painted by an 8 year old, but it's still tempting.
  • Options
    it is tempting.  But what would you actually do with it?  Where would one hang it?
  • Options
    My dad used to clean the windows of The Valley and told me Harold Hobbis was a right miserable old bugger. The pub used to have a Mynah Bird which was just about the best thing about it. I went in a few times on the way to a match but always thought it was a bit of a dump to be honest.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

It's no doubt much bigger than you think and weighs a great deal......as much as 50 Kilos or more with the framework etc.

I'll watch out for it though and maybe make an offer if the bidding doesn't get too silly.

• Options
    mmm spent a lot of my teens and 20's in the Valley pub ... great bit of history
  • Options
    yes but what would you do with it?

im intersted but cant think of the life of me where i would put it?  in the back garden?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Blimey!!  Its 103 quid already.

im out.  Tavern will just have to get a pair of socks for Xmas.
  • Options
    Blimey!!  Its 103 quid already.

im out.  Tavern will just have to get a pair of socks for Xmas.

LOL
  • Options
    107 quid now ... and still 9 days to go
  • Options
    I'm out too.  Would have been a nice piece to have.  One of a kind.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any idea how much the photo went for?
  • Options
    Wonder how much this is going to go for... Charlton could be looking lovely and flowery if it does well?

£350?
  • Options
    Not sure what they would do with it but would be good if Charlton bought it.
  • Options
    Buy a pub called The Valley (If you can't find one with this name, buy any boozer and change the name) and stick it up outside it.....Simple!
  • Options
    Buy a pub called The Valley (If you can't find one with this name, buy any boozer and change the name) and stick it up outside it.....Simple!
    Or don't change the name and just paint over this sign.
  • Options
    I remember buying some of the old floodlights from the Valley years ago thinking I would make a feature out of them in my garden. Ten years later they're still sitting in my garage 
  • Options
    great boozer and the main one for everyone around 95,96
  • Options
    Why dont we club together and get it for Tav as a surprise ?
  • Options
    I'm keeping an eye on it, would look great in my garage. Not 100% sure the wife would approve though.
  • Options

I know for sure that the current highest bidder is a lifer.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    it is tempting.  But what would you actually do with it?  Where would one hang it?
    Re-name your house The Valley and stick it in the front garden.
  • Options
    150 quid now ... with 8 days left!
  • Options
    I'm keeping an eye on it, would look great in my garage. Not 100% sure the wife would approve though.
    She need never know. It's your garage.

;o)

• Options

Had a great night in there after the first game back in 1992. Can think of at least half a dozen who post on here who were there that night.

Nearly 20 years ago.

Depressing.

• Options
    I actualy got caught trying to aquire this earlier in the year . Was trying to get the apprentice up a triple ladder when approached by some old duffer threatening to call the police grrrrrrrr
  • Options
    Was a blinding boozers in its time bit rough round the edges but some quality pre and post match drinks
  • Options
    Was a blinding boozers in its time bit rough round the edges but some quality pre and post match drinks

When big John had it, pre match food and after match food, along with beer.
  • Options
    Had some very good pre-match beers in there along with complimentary hot dogs. Think it's a bit sad it has gone to be honest.
  • Options
    The walk up from the station to the boozer was a complete c u next Tuesday but it certainly got you thirsty
  • Options
    woooh ... 410 quid with 4 days left