Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley pub sign up for sale (On offer again, December 2012)

13»

Comments

• Options
    So after my friday night drunken bidding frenzy I have now been outbid again. Hmm bit disappointed but cant go any further. you b'stard whoever you are have done my husband out of a unique xmas present! :-)
  • Options
    Sorry
  • Options
    im going back to the pub at 3 so beware....
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Does anyone know who painted this?
    I ask, as my late friend worked for Courage before he went to art college in the late 60s. Paul was a dear friend of mine, who I kept in touch with until he died, as we went to both art college and teachers training college at the same time.
    He told me he had painted quite a few of these, and joked I painted a few local pubs, one near where you lived. ( I have lived in Springfields, and Elliscombe Mount flats during the 50s and 60s.)
    He did this when he was about 15/16 and he did a degree in Fine art, and worked in oils.......
    His name was Paul Mitchelmore, and he lived in Battersea, at the time..... but during the mid 70s he moved to Charlton in the mid 70s.
    Not sure about exact dates matching up, and probably unlikely?. Paul would have painted this circa 64/65/66/ but that is pretty much a guess.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

So after my friday night drunken bidding frenzy I have now been outbid again. Hmm bit disappointed but cant go any further. you b'stard whoever you are have done my husband out of a unique xmas present! :-)

Wouldn't be surprised if u get a second chance offer and the seller was bidding against you.
    Thinks that are relisted normally have something along them lines.
  • Options
    It went for over 500 quid last time. well thats what it said in this thread above. Still very odd to be up again.
  • Options
    Ended at £297.12 and I was pipped at the last second again!
  • Options
    sorry
  • Options
    Bastards I went on again and it wasn't even letting my bid in. Only let me put a figure in and nothing else. Ian was even egging me on at this stage. Pah.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Bastards I went on again and it wasn't even letting my bid in. Only let me put a figure in and nothing else. Ian was even egging me on at this stage. Pah.

Course he was - he'd probably read on here it was his prezzie!

(By the way, I haven't got it - was just saying solly anyway.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reserve wasn't met. So it could be back on sale again soon.
  • Options
    What does that mean?

I got all Ian's Burberry and acquascutum clobber to put on so can you actually put a price in? How do you do that? How do you see the reserve price?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    You can ask the seller what the reserve is, and if you want to match it.
  • Options
    B You can not put the aquascutum stuff on there it is priceless

Is the shop still on regents street
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

What does that mean?

I got all Ian's Burberry and acquascutum clobber to put on so can you actually put a price in? How do you do that? How do you see the reserve price?

Won't he want to wear it for the millwall game in march?
  • Options

Closed last year.
  • Options
    Even more reason not to sell I have a aquascutum duffle coat vac packed in the loft will never sell it
  • Options
    You will when you fancy a holiday. I've got it all earmarked for six weeks in asia.?
  • Options
    It cost shed loads when I bought it new the second hand market can't be worth that much surely
  • Options
    SE10 said:

Closed last year.
    Always my dream to buy a full length leather trenchcoat so walked into their much smaller premises in 2006 with a shedload of money, and guess what.......everything was shit!