Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Signing - Darrell Russel (Confimed by Me)

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Is anyone concerned we are taking on a player that Preston don't want, or is it just me?  ;-0
  • Options
    Is anyone concerned we are taking on a player that Preston don't want, or is it just me?

i am but like hayes he's only back up till the real deal arrives
  • Options
    Is anyone concerned we are taking on a player that Preston don't want, or is it just me?  ;-0
    I think he was involved in some kind of bust up between him and Brown....think i read it somewhere or perhaps a different player can't remember exactly
  • Options
    Not really - they're not exactly setting the world alight at the moment, he's not part of that though. Probably a financial decision
  • Options
    edited November 2011

But remember their attack/ attacking midfield is strong. It's their defence that is poo.
  • Options

He's in favour with Chrissy Powell and out of favour with Phil Brown. I'm happy with that.

• Options

Totally with Ooh Aah

Chuff

• Options
    Most important thing is he is on Twitter

@DarelRussell
  • Options
    Welcome Darel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Speaking as somebody who thought when we signed Darren Bent that he was crap and a waste of money I'm willing to give any a player a chance until how he plays tells me otherwise.
  • Options
    Physically, he looks good. I've never seen him play so I'm not going to judge him yet, for good or bad.
  • Options
    Physically, he looks good. I've never seen him play so I'm not going to judge him yet, for good or bad.
    ask him out!!
  • Options
    If Russel was poor then CP wouldn't have signed him,simple as. I had my doubts when Kermogant was signed but he turned out to be a quality addition. I can understand why some think "if he cant get into a struggling Preston team, then how can he get into a side top of the league?" but if we can get his confidence going, i dont see why if wont be a good signing.
  • Options
    This forum pisses me off on quite a regular basis.

None of us have seen him play in a Charlton shirt. Moaning for moaning's sake. We're not going to be signing the best players in the country, and so far, CP's signings have been exceptional.
  • Options
    I vaguely recall the name but i've no real idea who he is or what he's like but Preston were good that night and if CP rates him, thats good enough for me.
  • Options
    Nobody had this one on the 'C*ck on the block' transfer thread last week. Thought there was some in the know journo types on here? Anybody know about it and keep it quiet? 
  • Options
    well, I for one think Russel is a quality addition, Knows League 1 well, and for me is very similar to the Michael Morrison situation. Both had good seasons with promotion winning teams, but then left for new teams and were out of favour. Sheffield Wednesday were not big fans of Morrison but he has been quality for us, and Russel is similar with Preston, out of favour but can find his feet for us. Another benefit is that he can slot in at right back, so although we only have Solly, we have a few options as cover now. 
  • Options
    Yeah, me. Do I get some points?
  • Options
    This forum pisses me off on quite a regular basis.

None of us have seen him play in a Charlton shirt. Moaning for moaning's sake. We're not going to be signing the best players in the country, and so far, CP's signings have been exceptional.
    Still time for Tevez.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1 point deduction for withholding information
  • Options
    No more signings today.Since the takeover how many players have we signed?.
  • Options
  • Options
    27 I think? 21 this season and BWP, Bessone, Parrett, Nouble, Stewart, and Eccelston from January onwards.
  • Options
    1 point deduction for withholding information
    Damn
  • Options
    PNE fans don't seem too happy about it.

Sounds like he just hasn't got on with Brown (who would in fairness). Our gain.
  • Options
    A lot of PNE fans very upset at loosing him. Seems like he is rated by the fans but Phil Brown has a different opinion. I think he will come here looking to prove something which will be to our benefit.
  • Options
    Mixed reports there then.  This sort of reminds me of the comments about Kermy when Sir Chris signed him...
  • Options
    Very good signing this. Experienced pro but plenty still to offer.
  • Options

It would appear, reading the PNE online above, that the majority are annoyed that he's going.

The majority think he's better than what they have & should be playing for them.

There are comments that he may have fallen out with L'homme d' Orange (Phil Brown ha ha) & he may have had a disagreement with a couple of other players recently, as none of the 3 concerned, played against Charlton.

Additionally, PNE were close to admin & Russell is on Championship wages, like Youga, Semedo & Racon were for us, (someone said £7k per week) & they need him off the wage book.

Probably a good signing, we'll have to wait and see.