Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Signing - Darrell Russel (Confimed by Me)

Comments

• Options

Song for Darrel...?

" One L , he's only got one L " ?

• Options
    edited November 2011

Liking that.
    Also " two Ls in Russell, and only one L in Darrel; two Ls in Russell,
    and only one L in Darrel" (repeated)
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with having one L in Darrel. It's the one R that concerns me.
  • Options
    Oops. Cheers Dazzler
  • Options

Can he play monday? I think Hughes has done well but has been playing at his absolute limit and could get a bit found out by a good side like Huddersfield are supposed to be, particularly with Jackson missing.

• Options

Can he play monday? I think Hughes has done well but has been playing at his absolute limit and could get a bit found out by a good side like Huddersfield are supposed to be, particularly with Jackson missing.

Interesting dilema for CP, does he make two midfield changes from a winning team, when he is only forced to make one, suspect Hughes will stay and Russel will play on the left so shape and style stays the same, Ephraim on the bench
  • Options
    edited November 2011

"Found out"?  Any of our players could get "found out".  He's playing well.  Thats all we can ask.  If and when he ballses up then we can talk about him getting found out.  No-one is indespensible in this squad.

Otherwise I completely agree with you.

• Options
    I would be concerned if he went straight in the team, he's hardly played all season. Would we really want an unfit (match wise at least) newcomer to go straight into such an important game ? i wouldn't that's for sure, wagstaff to replace JJ for me.
  • Options
    Is this the bloke who used to have dreadlocks when he played for Norwich?
  • Options
    yes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oops. Cheers Dazzler
    Lol he is Darel I am Darrel that's why I said it!
  • Options
    I am pleased at his arrival, he is a very decent player. More than that however, I am very happy that we have a bunch of people now running this team/club who are winners, and who are being very clever in my opinion to do everything possible to make sure that we challenge for promotion. It's a bit like coming out of a coma, and finding that your life has changed for the better.
  • Options
    Missus has got a framed picture with him from when he was at Stoke. I've always had it in for him.
  • Options

"Found out"?  Any of our players could get "found out".  He's playing well.  Thats all we can ask.  If and when he ballses up then we can talk about him getting found out.  No-one is indespensible in this squad.

Otherwise I completely agree with you.

He was a weak link at Brentford in my opinion and is limited ina  similar way that semedo was - i.e, he can't do anything with the ball and just gives it to somebody else - that's okay against the lesser sides but may not be enough against the good sides - that's all.
  • Options
    Missus has got a framed picture with him from when he was at Stoke. I've always had it in for him.
    Coming back down this way for more than just footballing reasons then ;)
  • Options
    I would be concerned if he went straight in the team, he's hardly played all season. Would we really want an unfit (match wise at least) newcomer to go straight into such an important game ? i wouldn't that's for sure, wagstaff to replace JJ for me.
    good call. Agreed.
  • Options
    Ephraim will replace JJ I'm sure. Waggy isn't really a leftie imo. Russel won't start, maybe on the bench, although I concor with the thoughts on Hughes and he had a really bad game at Brentford and wasn't that great at Halifax. Maybe the type that can come in for a couple of games and perform but then disappear. May be a bit harsh but he has gone backwards the last few games. Euell must be right down the pecking order now, hope CP doesn't view him as the 4th striker if Benno has gone.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Just feel that Waggy may be a safer bet than Hogan right at this moment

• Options
    Hughes has done well in our homes games so stick with him.
  • Options

Agreed - Wagstaff in for JJ - Keep everything else as it is - maybe even swop green and waggy over?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well I have no idea who he is. I had it in my head he was a white guy with a bald head.

Sounds like he is a like for like for Hughes. With the winter period coming up, another dogged worker who doesn't shirk added to the squad might not be a bad idea.
  • Options
    bit more flair than Hughes
  • Options

Trust in SCP

ONE AIM!

• Options
    wank statement
  • Options

''There was a bust up in training, punches were thrown if rumours are to be believed. Russell was invovled. Apparently''

From a Preston fan on F365

• Options
    wank statement
    :-)
  • Options

Well I have no idea who he is. I had it in my head he was a white guy with a bald head.

You're thinking of this fella

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/football-heroes/displayhero_club.asp?HeroID=51695

• Options

Is there honestly anything to complain about here? We're getting an experienced player who's done v well in this league (yes I know about Doc), who has a reputation as a grafter, and who the PNE fans are largely unhappy to see go. If his alleged bust-up with his egotistic boss turns out to be more than just a career hiccup, he's only on loan until 3rd. Jan. If on the other hand he proves to be yet another inspired signing, we'll all be happy. Wouldn't plunge him straight in v Hudds myself but if the management have identified the need in training for a more Jacko-like replacement, we'll have to respect their judgement.

• Options
    Ha, Kevin Russell, that's it oohaah.

Not just my wardrobe that is stuck in the 90s !
  • Options
    christ he's 95, i know signing a experienced player is sometimes good but that's taking the piss.