Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton on Football Focus...

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
...coming up shortly. Let's see if they can make up for the Manish & Claridge show!

Comments

• Options
    Despite the Palace comment at the start - a really good little piece,
  • Options

"Alex (Dyer) says 'I'm turning into Cubs"  - Chris Powell

Good little piece.

• Options
    You think?

I like to see the coverage, but I'd like to see the 'focus' on the teams' success rather than the colour of the skin of our manager as it did at the end. I suppose Powelly is in such a rare and unique position (shamedely), we have to expect that sme of the time though.
  • Options
    What a great ambassador CP is for the Club; nice to see him in the spotlight.
  • Options
    Despite the Palace comment at the start - a really good little piece,

:-) I thought that too! A good piece, but it's what we know to expect from Chris. Sensible, eloquent and a very intelligent man. Good shout to Nigel Pearson who took Leicester up as Champions of this division. COYR!
  • Options
    That's exactly what I said Wss , a real good piece dumbed down by the same old question about him being black
  • Options
    You think?

I like to see the coverage, but I'd like to see the 'focus' on the teams' success rather than the colour of the skin of our manager as it did at the end. I suppose Powelly is in such a rare and unique position (shamedely), we have to expect that sme of the time though.
    Yep i agree here with westside, who cares what colour his skin is! Focus on the team not something that doesnt really matter! Would they do a piece on Megson just because he is ginger! And just for the record im not a gingerist cos ive got a ginger mate! 
  • Options
    It's an important discussion, of course it is but he is never going to change his answer whether he gets asked once or 100 times.

All that matters is that he is Chris Powell, Charlton Manager.
  • Options
    I disagree its not an important discussion, why should it be , Chris Powell charlton manager top of the league that's the question , how are u finding your first job, what's your secret
  • Options
    I meant on a wider scale mate with regards to the number of managers in football etc, nothing specific to CP or Charlton.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was just one question at the end!

I'm quite impressed with the amount of coverage we've received this season.
  • Options
    For as long as there are so few black managers he will keep getting asked the question.

At least we were on. Just be grateful for small mercies.
  • Options
    I get that mate and I agree with you,

it is just starting to get on my tits the amount of time they say about it, to me it starts to detract from the point they are trying to make, say nothing except how well he is doing and then let others realise he is black

• Options
    I agree with NLA, should make no difference!! Just focus on him as a person, and our team as a team! 
  • Options
    Shame FF is not on iPlayer, would like to have seen this.
  • Options
    Shame FF is not on iPlayer, would like to have seen this.
    Its on the red button on BBC1
  • Options
    I thought it was a good piece... funny to think that SCP knew BWP as a little kid!
  • Options
    WHAT WE HAVE A BLACK MANAGER!!! Does slater and jimmez know!?!

I'm shocked to the core
  • Options

I'm shocked to the core

shouldn't that be 'do' Slater and Jiminez know not does ?
  • Options
    What was the palace comment?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just tried the red button thing and it's not there - only final score...hopefully they will put it on the website shortly.
  • Options
    What was the palace comment?

Only a reference in the intro about Chris & Mark Bright playing together there...
  • Options
    I thought it was a good piece... funny to think that SCP knew BWP as a little kid!
    So did I....He was a lot chunkier as a teenager, but just as lethal in front of goal.
  • Options
    Just saw the piece. Liked it. Good to see Chris keeping his sense of humour.
  • Options

I'm shocked to the core
    Lol

• Options
    Is it on iplayer now Rob?
  • Options
    Is it on iplayer now Rob?
    is it?
  • Options
    No, but I can download the English TV programs using Torrents onto my laptop. Got it from there.
  • Options
    You think?

Yep i agree here with westside, who cares what colour his skin is! Focus on the team not something that doesnt really matter! Would they do a piece on Megson just because he is ginger! And just for the record im not a gingerist cos ive got a ginger mate! 
    They did not do a piece just because he is a manager who happens to be black.  They did a piece as CP said at the beginning because we are doing well.  They then added to the piece because for a lot of people including me it is great that there is a positive black role model that can be identified.  However the best thing he can do is to be a succesful manager who happens to be black.

I look forward to the day when they do an interview with a charlton manager who happens to be of asian extraction.
  • Options
      They then added to the piece because for a lot of people including me it is great that there is a positive black role model that can be identified.  However the best thing he can do is to be a succesful manager who happens to be black.

I look forward to the day when they do an interview with a charlton manager who happens to be of asian extraction.
    Maybe we should sing this as our Chris Powell song!

'He's a positive role model'!