Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shock at Sellout Park

edited November 2011 in General Charlton

Not one but TWO bottles thrown on the pitch delaying what must of been a gripping South East London derby match. It was inferred by Gabby Roslin on the Huddersfield Broadcasting Companies flag shit Saturday football show that the missiles did in fact come from the Spanner end of the ground. Beware Gabby, you may find yourself embroiled and in the centre of another conspiracy theory engineered by those scamps and appologists from the Toolbox. i would hate to see the HBC brought into disrepute once the truth is out and Millwall fans are completely exhonorated in the South london Depress...

Sorry VERY very slow news day.  Where is my usual Saturday win for the Addicks ?

Comments

• Options
    According to my Spanner mate hooliganism at Millwall is a media invention.
  • Options
    Love the irony of "sellout" park!
  • Options

Attendance 15150 for a Saturday  Championship game between two London near neighbours, with a traditional kick off time, and not live on the TV.

On Monday there is a league one game, screened on Sky in the evening, between a London team (based not very far from Crystal palace and Millwall) and a grim oop north side.

What's the betting that the awkwardly timed Monday evening game has a bigger attendance than for the Derby match?

• Options
    To be fair though, Millwall could have sold a lot more tickets and a lot dads won't take kids to a game invoving Millwall.
  • Options
    EXCUSE NUMBER ONE...  anyone else ?
  • Options
    To be fair though, Millwall could have sold a lot more tickets and a lot dads won't take kids to a game invoving Millwall.

I believe it's their 3rd highest crowd this season so the crowd issue has little to do with the fact it is millwall. They just have no support.
  • Options
    Tinpot springs to mind...
  • Options
    Just see the bottles thrown on the pitch. No doubt it's media picking on them again.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    The Spanners should've been slung out of football 26 years ago when they ripped up seats at Luton in a 6th round FA Cup game and filled up the penalty area with them, to a watching TV audience of millions.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985_Kenilworth_Road_riot
    How many more times will the football authorities allow them to get away with it?
  • Options
    Maybe P****e should start up a scheme that offers fans further afield the option of getting a coach to the game? I am sure folks in Beckenham would be interested.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Excuse two: the bottles threw themselves on to the pitch in an attempt to drag down the name of Millwall. Not only that they weren't proper Millwall bottles as none of them had ever been to a Millwall match before.
  • Options
    Maybe P****e should start up a scheme that offers fans further afield the option of getting a coach to the game? I am sure folks in Beckenham would be interested.
    Palace express starts from canterbury next month i think!
  • Options
    if i remember correctly we threw bottles on 'that' 4-0 occasion at the den a few years back
  • Options
    Also remember a bottle being thrown onto the pitch at the Valley after their 4th goal when their players were celebrating in front of the east stand.
  • Options
    dont forget hundreds of magazines going onto the pitch against leicester
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Come on guys does that make it right because some of our mindless idiots have thrown objects onto the pitch (excluding leaflets). The only proper punishment is to ban any away following and to make home games played behind closed doors in increments of 5 games at a time i.e. 5 games for the first offence, 10 games for the second offence etc. Which on that basis means the Spanners would be playing all their home games behind closed doors at this point in time! Some might say but that's unfair on the decent fans but cast you mind back to your schooldays - If an idiot was talking in class and you were all kept behind because no one would own up what would you do afterwards? I'll tell you what, make them see the error of their ways and I guarantee that person would never stitch the majority up ever again! Rant Over.
  • Options
    if i remember correctly we threw bottles on 'that' 4-0 occasion at the den a few years back
    No, we didn't.
  • Options
    There was a coin thrown first, just seen it on the football league show
  • Options

Excuse two: the bottles threw themselves on to the pitch in an attempt to drag down the name of Millwall. Not only that they weren't proper Millwall bottles as none of them had ever been to a Millwall match before.
    Excuse 3....
    Police were seen to throw a bottle into a bin and were therfore clearly provoking the situation. The bottles responded because they were agrieved at how badly their fellow bottle was treated.

• Options
    We have some fans who never learn. I'm far from whiter than white, but throwing bottles on the pitch is pointless & does us no good whatsoever.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have some fans who never learn. I'm far from whiter than white, but throwing bottles on the pitch is pointless & does us no good whatsoever.

Nothing will ever happen, as The FA and The Football League need to grow a pair first of all.

• Options
    I'm a mum of  a 6 year old and 8 year old, we gave the Millwall game a miss. Its always the same when we play them, I can find other games to take my kids to.
  • Options
    You should be bloody ashamed of yourself...............................taking those poor kids to watch Palace :-)
  • Options
    I'm a mum of  a 6 year old and 8 year old, we gave the Millwall game a miss. Its always the same when we play them, I can find other games to take my kids to.

poor kids
  • Options
    I can find other games to take my kids to.
    Charlton v Carlisle this Saturday would be a good start  Only a £5 each for them.

We may even run a coach from where you live.  Palace would never do that : - )
  • Options
    I'm calling Social Services!
  • Options
    I think a lot of adult males without kids also gave the game a miss for similar reasons!
  • Options
    No, we didn't.
    I thought we did if I remember rightly
  • Options
    No, we didn't.
    I thought we did if I remember rightly
    not the panto season yet !
  • Options

The mantra is 'all clubs have got troublesome fans, but when it's Millwall it gets highlighted more'. There is actually a grain of truth in that. Reading earlier threads about elements of our support (the Lisbie song etc) we have to admit we have fellow supporters we're uncomfortable about.

Mind you, reading that thread it is heartning how many of us are shamed by the actions of fellow supporters. This is not the kind of thing you read on Millwall message boards. In the pre-season friendly, after the game a Millwall fan highlighted a heavy foul on BWP by glorying in the fact that 'that black c**t' got done. There were no dissenting voices on that message board about such a comment. Millwall fans seem to collectively shrug about all this stuff, and then lose themselves in the song 'No one likes us' as a musical comfort blanket wrapped around any shame they may feel.