Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jackett admits that the Spanners are a small club -shock

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
Well, actually, on the Football League Show, he claimed that they are are smaller club than the Nigels! 
I am sure that this will go down well at the Toolbox.

It is good to note that Mr Jackett has no illusions of grandeur but just how small does he think his club is? He must look with envy at the massive club on their doorstep.

I wonder how much longer it will be before the Spanners are looking for a new manager?

Comments

• Options
    I'm surprised he is still there, I think he has done a good job at the rust bucket and am surprised no one has comein for him at Championship level
  • Options

The question is, has Racon changed HIS mind .....?

And, where is he these days ?

• Options

The question is, has Racon changed HIS mind .....?

And, where is he these days ?

He has been injured for the last couple of months.
  • Options

I quite like Jackett , he has spoken of us as a massive club .

It reminds me of how Lennie Lawrence used to describe us , I never heard Curbs do that unless it was one of the big four when he would speak of bonus ball games.

• Options

It reminds me of how Lennie Lawrence used to describe us , I never heard Curbs do that unless it was one of the big four when he would speak of bonus ball games.

Well he is a Charlton fan
  • Options
    I like Jackett too, wasted at millwall
  • Options
    This is a bit like the media focusing on Chris being black!

It's not news and it certainly ain't a shock!! :)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Instead of belittling his club he should come out and distance the Spanners from the idiots who threw the bottles.
  • Options

Racon was only injured for the first month.

He played against us a couple of weeks ago in the reserve match

• Options

Who's a Charlton fan? Jackett?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Racon was only injured for the first month.

He played against us a couple of weeks ago in the reserve match

That's what I thought, cafc999.
  • Options
    Kenny Jacketts mother is an whore!
  • Options

Who's a Charlton fan? Jackett?
    Allegedly, read it on here previously

• Options

Have I missed something ? Why on earth would anyone post this ?
  • Options

Have I missed something ? Why on earth would anyone post this ?
    I thought that as well. Pretty poor taste, not needed at any time & certainly not today.

Obviously his initials stand for Doesn't freaking think!

• Options
    edited November 2011

....and I thought it was Benny Fenton's...? ;o)
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Very puzzling post...........not sure if this is simply appalingly bad taste or if there's some hidden joke in there?

Care to explain DFT.

• Options
    doesn't look like he does. Totally unnecessary comment.
  • Options

he wont be on here this late, hes got school tomorrow !!

• Options
    edited November 2011

....and I thought it was Benny Fenton's...? ;o)
    Keep up Shooters, SoundAs, and all ........Solidgone is on the right track, as all long-suffering Addicks should remember:

"Who's that team they call the Millwall,
    Who's that team we all abhor?
    They play in lily white
    And they are a load of shite.
    And Benny Fenton's mother is an whore"

Little Covered End ditty during the late 60's/early 70s.
    Ex-Charlton 50s star Benny Fenton was the Millwall manager at that time.

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ah....right....lovely.........I think anyway!
  • Options
    Come on, SoundAs .......if you were a Covered Ender back then, you would have sung it!

;o)
  • Options
    classic, out of noowhere
  • Options
    Not exactly, Mike .....see above!

;o)
  • Options
    Jackett isn't a Charlton fan, he's Watford I think.

& Palace are bigger than us in almost every way - ground, support, honours won, years in the top flight etc - makes it even funnier that over our history we've beaten them more times than they've beaten us. Although their record isn't quite as embarrassing as yours.
  • Options
    Another thing Smallwall  beat us in is CRB checks-----no  1 likes em---how true.
  • Options

& Palace are bigger than us in almost every way - ground, support, honours won, years in the top flight etc - makes it even funnier that over our history we've beaten them more times than they've beaten us. Although their record isn't quite as embarrassing as yours.
    Palace only have more success if you consider the Zenith Data Systems Cup as success.
  • Options

Palace only have more success if you consider the Zenith Data Systems Cup as success.
    True, I'd thought they'd also won the FA Cup as well as runners up. Just bigger in ground & years in the top flight then.
  • Options

True, I'd thought they'd also won the FA Cup as well as runners up. Just bigger in ground & years in the top flight then.
    Smaller capacity, smaller record attendance and smaller average attendences depite being a league higher. Are you sure you know what "bigger" means?
  • Options

Smaller capacity, smaller record attendance and smaller average attendences depite being a league higher. Are you sure you know what "bigger" means?

Er, he's talking about Millwall compared to Palace, not us