Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yado Mambo

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
Received his second red card for Ebbsfleet United yesterday. I hear both reds were because he was the last man. I thought he was quality against Reading but this isn't too great. Has anyone seen him play this season for EUFC? What was he like? I would have him ahead of Doherty from what I've seen but I can't judge him on one game.

Comments

• Options
    didn't wagstaff get a couple of red cards on loan in only a few games? Times running out for Mambo but i wouldn't write him off yet.
  • Options
    Ebbsfleet is about his level.
  • Options
    Received his second red card for Ebbsfleet United yesterday. I hear both reds were because he was the last man. I thought he was quality against Reading but this isn't too great. Has anyone seen him play this season for EUFC? What was he like? I would have him ahead of Doherty from what I've seen but I can't judge him on one game.

On paper this doesn't look good, but without seeing the incidents I've no idea whether they were worthy of red cards or whether he was taking one for the team, or whether he is too clumsy to make it.

• Options
    didn't wagstaff get a couple of red cards on loan in only a few games? Times running out for Mambo but i wouldn't write him off yet.
    Wagstaff scored and got sent off on his Northwich debut. That was is only red. Maybe it's the inexperience side of things.
  • Options
    dailey got sent off 3 times last season, some would say that it was justified some would say that it was unfair, benson got sent off twice last season the one at colchester people say was unfair.  Unless there is someone to report back from watching the incident we can't judge.
  • Options
    Exactly, which is why I asked if anyone has seen him play this season for Ebbsfleet.
  • Options
    agree with Clem.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    From watching his performance against Reading in the league cup the boy has enough about him to make a career for himself at the very least league 2 level.
  • Options
    ive seen him play for fleet a few times. passionate player , great in the air, really seems to be enjoying it down there.
    only criticism i have of his is that he is a bit slow. if the opposition has a quick forward he can be found out. especially on the turn. dont think he will be good enough for league 1 or championship. the red card was because of him being the last player. he brought the forward down in a goal scoring postion. apparently the ref has been a referee for lincoln (fleet lost 3-0 to them) 6 times this season!
  • Options
    Said it before and I'll say it again. He will not cut it at this club. BSP is his level at the moment, possibly making L2 or even L1 in the future.

For that reason, I'll take a bet that he won't be offered a new deal when his current one expires in the summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looked OK against Reading in the cup. saw him play last season or the season before against Barnet in the JPT and looked OK then too.
  • Options
    In our position we would be silly to right him off just yet, Danny Shittu, Michael Turner and that bloke who played for Leicester who I cant remember his name and it's pissing me off Matt ********
  • Options
    In our position we would be silly to right him off just yet, Danny Shittu, Michael Turner and that bloke who played for Leicester who I cant remember his name and it's pissing me off Matt ********
    Elliot
  • Options
    Elliott
  • Options
    I saw him play for Ebbsfleet against Luton recently. He was fairly comfortable except for 10 mins after he got clattered by a big Luton lump. He looked as though he could play at a higher level, but maybe not too much higher.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I agree with Clem and Large on where he is now but wouldn't be surprised if he eventually works his way up a couple of divisions. It's still only his second year as a pro. Hard to see him making it with us though even at this level.
  • Options
    Went to Ebbsfleet tonight they drew 0-0 with Cambridge, decent result really.

One of the reasons it was 0-0 was due to Fleet's keeper Preston Edwards saving a penalty and making 2-3 top-draw saves, although Mambo also saved a certain goal with a terrific block out of no-where. 

Mambo was generally very good, but he has a poor first touch which to be fair to him improved through the course of the match.

Can't see him being anywhere near first choice in a League match however i would have him over Doc any day of the week. 
  • Options
    Went to Ebbsfleet tonight they drew 0-0 with Cambridge, decent result really.

One of the reasons it was 0-0 was due to Fleet's keeper Preston Edwards saving a penalty and making 2-3 top-draw saves, although Mambo also saved a certain goal with a terrific block out of no-where. 

Mambo was generally very good, but he has a poor first touch which to be fair to him improved through the course of the match.

Can't see him being anywhere near first choice in a League match however i would have him over Doc any day of the week. 
    I was there too and he played a steady game for The Fleet. Too early to say whether he will make it bigger, I would say
  • Options
    I heard the other day that Chelsea give their youngsters up to the age of 23 , to see if they make it , of course that is unless they really don't rate them ( Danny Hollands is our gain i guess, would love to see him score against them in the FA Cup 4th round).
  • Options
    i liked Mambo's bursts from the back last night. Maybe he could do a job as a back up right back?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mambo scored for Ebbsfleet today.
  • Options
    Good on him. Seems an honest lad. 
  • Options
    Any idea when his loan ends.  its his make or break season and I suspect if he does not get a couple of bench games or even suad call ups for the first team before the end of the season, then it is probably bye bye mambo
  • Options
    I think it isn't about him playing for us but convincing sir Chris that he can in the future. No doubt his progress is being monitored very closely. Of course I haven't seen Mambo play for Ebbsfleet so am not qualified to comment either way.
  • Options
    If bringing down the last man stopped a goal then I can't see it doing him a lot of harm.
  • Options
    I've been to a lot of Ebbsfleet games this year and Phil Chapple has been to 3 home games to watch Mambo.
  • Options
    One of the ways these clubs get good young league players on loan is by giving back quality and trusted assessment reports so rest assured he will be under the highest scrutiny.
  • Options
    I've been to a lot of Ebbsfleet games this year and Phil Chapple has been to 3 home games to watch Mambo.
    So what is your opinion on him Pouso?  I think he is as good as Karly Osborne was at his age.
  • Options
    I've always thought Mambo is a good player, not bad on the ground, can head a ball, a bit slow but most centre backs are and his reading of a game is improving. Will never be able to fulfill his potential if he doesn't get a chance at Charlton.
  • Options
    Saw Yado at The Fleet on Boxing Day, he was head and shoulders better than anyone on the pitch IMO. If I remember correctly he won almost every ball he went for and was very verbal in a positive way way. He also had one vicious shot that
    just went over the bar, good job it didnt hit anyone. Very impressed, that said he was palying against Hayes and Yeading.
    The Fleet supporters rate him as well.