Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yado Mambo

Comments

• Options
    Think there is a chance we will extend if the overall report mirrors that then. I think a key factor for a young centre half is the quality and experience of the other centre half they are playing with.  
  • Options
    His game has definitely improved at Ebbsfleet, think it has a lot to do with Paul Lorraine (Centre back parter) who is quality at that level.
  • Options
    I still can't see him making the grade with us to be honest. We're on the up and though he may well make L1 in the future, I can't see him any higher than that.

Happy to be proven wrong of course.........................
  • Options
    I can see him making it to be honest but, neither of our assessements mean much as we haven't seen how he is developing at Ebbsfleet.
  • Options
    In all honesty I actually think he will make.

Centre backs sometimes take a little longer to get to their potential - hence the limited numbers of decent CB's playing top level. I think Yado has all the physical attributes and from the reports I've read his understanding of the game seems to be improving and that's where getting game time is hugely important.

I'd hope he gets another year or two on his contract just so he can learn from CAFC players or wherever he goes on loan. I'd hate to dismiss him too soon like Turner
  • Options
    Give him a 2 year contract. A bit of security and it shows trust has been put into him and i think he will come good.
  • Options
    I'd do that and loan him out at a increasingly higher level and see how he develops.
  • Options
    I'd do that and loan him out at a increasingly higher level and see how he develops.
    This.

This method seems to work. We seem to be doing that with Nick Pope and that's why he's progressing quicker than expected.
  • Options
    according to talkSPORT, Ebbsfleet has the worst toilet facilities in the Blue[] .. is this relevant ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    they're getting new ones. they won that loo competition.
  • Options
    they're getting new ones. they won that loo competition.
    the New Loo Comp .. I remember it well lol
  • Options
    Went last night to see Ebbs beat Hayes & Yeading 2-1.

Yado had a good game again, getting better and better.

Yassin played for Hayes and was terrible, cant believe its the same player from 5 years ago.

Pitch was awful, more like a skating rink.
  • Options
    Yassin played for Hayes and was terrible

We ruined him! Glad to hear about Yado though!
  • Options
    Cool report.
    I think he will be our 4th choice centre half next season and will be loaned to a league club this time for extra experience.
  • Options
    Good report lets hope he can shift up a few gears for the championship next year.
  • Options
    Yado has certainly impressed the writer ! Well done to the lad.
  • Options
    Hopefully going to Ebbsfleet's game against Tamworth tomorrow night....hope to see Yado again...as ISPP said...Mambo's centre back colleague Lorraine is a terrific captain a good player at that level..just what Yado needs to improve and progress his overall game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope the experience of Haynes, Green and the likes of Shittu and Turner getting to a good level has taught us a lesson about how we manage young players and that we give more time to some of them with good attitudes.
  • Options
    I'll be there tonight StubleyAddick, supposedly Ebbs struggled on Saturday with Lorraine out and their usual right back Craig Stone being in the centre with Mambo.

Hoping for a good win for the ebbs tonight.

PS Cant wait for their loos to be sorted!
  • Options
    @kentaddick - you say that but in Haynes and Greens case, I bet its cost us less by letting them go and then buying them back what 8/9 years later more rounded individuals agfter they've had a substantial number of games under their belts
  • Options
    @scruffle Also with Turner and Shittu they needed games in the lower leagues to become the players they are today. It's kind of understandable not many broke through while in the Prem.

We also don't know why some players were released, might have been for a good reason. They might have had better players ahead of them or perhaps not had the right attitude at the time.

The clubs record is pretty good when it comes to keeping or releasing the right players.
  • Options
    But with Haynes and Green, we released them before they were 16 and it's hard to judge the potential of a player at that age.
  • Options
    They might have been released on attitude rather than ability, at that age?

Anyone who has had teenagers at home knows exactly what I mean!
  • Options
    Mambo's contract has been extended until 2013 along with Ruben Bover Izquierdo.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2830979,00.html
  • Options
    Pleased about Ruben Bover Izquierdo as I think he could be a real star. Surprised Mambo got another year to be honest
  • Options
    I reckon the appointment of Nathan Jones has given Mambo another lifeline. Pleased for Bover too. I think he is a Charlton star in the making. His skill is second to none. The only downfall is the physicality but League 1 is definitely more physical than the CCC.
  • Options
    Pleased about Ruben Bover Izquierdo as I think he could be a real star. Surprised Mambo got another year to be honest
    Not sure how old Mambo is but Rufus was 19 going on 20 when he established himself at second tier level and Fortune a year or two older, albeit in the Prem.

I guess they reckon centre halves take a bit longer to mature.

Either that or we've had a decent offer for Morro :-) joke i hope!