Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the sun

13»

Comments

• Options
    Posted my comment on the " RIP Gary Speed" thread before I saw this.
  • Options
    And if you are reading Leveson blow-by -blow in the Guardian as i am, you know it is horribly likely that one of our disgusting newspapers may well be involved in this. 
  • Options
    And if you are reading Leveson blow-by -blow in the Guardian as i am, you know it is horribly likely that one of our disgusting newspapers may well be involved in this. 
    The Charlotte Church testimony just now was absolutely shocking!
  • Options

I can't say I found any of it "shocking" nor Anne Diamond's. Both have had plenty of stuff in the papers about them and I don't see how anyone can be suprised to learn that lowly Fleet Street hacks went to any length to get a story. It's been going on for years and years.
  • Options
    I have watched a good deal of it ---some of it is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww---and to be honest the "stars" bleating on just dosnt do it for me--- to say they dont want the press there a is mostly bollox.  HUgh Grant ---jesus wept..  Although Seina Miller said "if it was 10 men chasing a woman down the street the Police would get involved but because they have cameras its ok" now thats a good point. But then BBC and Shy giving it loads on that very point and showing it on TV ------so how did they get the picture ? dosnt that mean one of the men chasing this woman down the street worked not for the papers but them ? 
         As for the McCans to say the press hindered looking for their daughter ? thats just plain wrong it was the press in all its forms that have kept it in the public eye  and are still.
  • Options
    The Sun ........ never understand why people continue to buy such dross.
  • Options
    Let's not sink into believing unfounded gossip which might turn out to be completely inaccurate. One thing in sure of though is that some piece of news on Saturday triggered this. Those he was with on Saturday say he was in good spirits, came across fine on football focus , spoke about the dinner he was going out to on Saturday night and the golf event he was participating in a couple of days time. Im no expert, but that doesn't appear to be the mindset of someone about to top himself.
    Dan, you'd be surprised how well people with mental illness can hide things. It doesn't surprise me at all that he could appear normal and yet his head was probably in turmoil.
    agree
    Large is spot on here. People do not like to hang round with someone who's always on a downer, so that person learns to hide things when in public.

This rumour is too OTT for me, no way would they reveal anything during the enquiry.
  • Options
    If it wasn't for the Sun nobody would have had a clue who Sienna Miller was 

.... she can't have it both ways

Hope the paper gets closed
  • Options

big shock tabloids are staffed by scum who do anything for a story

that doesn't excuse the milly dowler episode however in any shape or form, anyone who sanctioned that should do time

• Options

Is it really true that the Sun had a countdown clock to Charlotte Church 16 birthday couched in terms about the age of shagging consent?

If this is really true c'mon! To do that to a 15 year old girl whatever the celebrity is just wrong, she did not deserve that.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

With the Sun --how many people buy it saturdays take the middle bit out (sport section ) and dump the rest.

They call it gutter press and some people feed it for there own end .......it will always come back and bite them/////////////

• Options
    she's from Bridgend.....
  • Options
    Anyone who thinks the sun wouldn't run this scoop due to what's happening within their ranks is being niave.

I don't doubt for one minute that if they had proof of this, they'd have no hesitation to go all out.

I'm not for one minute saying that these rumours are true (and let's not forget that is all it is at the moment, RUMOURS). But I gave up giving the tabloids the benefit of doubt years ago.
  • Options

I'm not saying anything that the press have done is right or wrong. I'm just saying that I'm not suprised by any of the revelations.

They were called the Gutter Press long before e-mails and mobile phones etc.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Spitting Images  ---25 years ago ? they always showed the press as a pig.
  • Options

we all know what the Murdoch empire is like but should also be said that twitter is for tw*ts

personally not interested in any rumours

RIP Gary Speed.

• Options
    Whatever ever the reasons behind Gary Speed's death the one thing it is, is so bloody sad.

RIP Gary Speed.

On the separate subject of gay footballers, the amount of 'quiet' abuse and comments regarding one of our ex-players comes to mind. Not good.

• Options
    Anyone who thinks the sun wouldn't run this scoop due to what's happening within their ranks is being niave.

I don't doubt for one minute that if they had proof of this, they'd have no hesitation to go all out.

I'm not for one minute saying that these rumours are true (and let's not forget that is all it is at the moment, RUMOURS). But I gave up giving the tabloids the benefit of doubt years ago.

Naive, eh? I have outlined above all of the reasons why The Sun is lying low at the moment, the Levenson enquiry is still going on for Christ’s sake, these people are scum but they did not get where they are by being stupid.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Anyone with even of a scintilla of knowledge of how Murdoch runs his papers knows that there is no way any of his Editors want to be the dumb schmuck who runs with another “backlash” story at the moment. Their career at NI would be over in an instant.

It is pretty common knowledge in the newspaper business that Murdoch has now tightened up his chains of command all over the world – except at Fox News where Roger Ailes still runs rampant – in order to prevent any ‘atrocities’ hitting the front pages.

The Sun will play it nice and safe for now, there is nothing to be gained from them in splashing a “Gary Speed is Gay” headline in the current climate, although that’s not to say that they won’t revert to type again once the winds have changed again – which they will.