Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 2 - 0 Huddersfield - Post match views

Comments

• Options

To win leagues you have to turn in perfomances like the ones we did against Preston, Hartlepool and Carlisle. But you have to grind results out. Like we did last week at Brentford and like we did last night.

Both teams were up for and was a proper match. Never fort we would win this 4-0 but always fort we would get the win. Another win for the lads and role on Saturday in the F.A cup.

I can't remember ever seeing someone as aggresive as Big Yann in the air. He gets better every time i see him. For me Powell's best signing this summer.( opinion)

He's a  Monster and would hate to mark him or BWP.

ONE AIM

• Options

Just seen the OS.

Kermit is ok. That has made the night complete!

• Options

We look like a proper Charlton team again, with a battling performance, we're on the up! Chris Solly epitomises what Charlton are about.

• Options

Another comment from Sheff United forum:

Danny Green has been different class.Those balls he whips in are near on impossible to defend.Also he's so skilful.
    Charltons defence have been very well drilled.
    The electrifying pace of this game as been constant from start to finish.It's obvious watching it you are watching the two top teams in our division.
    This game as been a fantastic advert for League One football.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    The star trek captain was at the game, we boldly went where no team has gone for 44 games and we are light years ahead of any other team in this league.
  • Options
    Link?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Neil Lennon was also there. They said he was watching Rhodes, cant see Septic having the money to get him away from Hudders.
  • Options
    Link?

I assume you mean the blades forum?

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=463&fid=221&sty=2&act=1&mid=2115840792

Yes, cheers!
  • Options
    Neil Lennon was also there. They said he was watching Rhodes, cant see Septic having the money to get him away from Hudders.
    Lets just hope he didn't start the night scouting for Rhodes and end up Scouting for Rhoys...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2011
    One of my favourite parts of last night was bumping into a bloke with a bag from the club shop at victoria station, so I asked him if he was at the game, and he said hes from sweden but he was there tonight, and went to the emirates for arsenals last 2 home games as well...he said the noise at the valley was so much louder than that at the emirates, and he was over in the west stand!!
  • Options
    We was loud last night.. my throat is hurting today!!! It's good that sheff w and hudds have to play eachother in two game time where we have Oldham. Good chance to increase the gap further!
  • Options
    funny Rothko I thought they were head and shoulders above anything else seen at the valley this season.
    Agreed. Way better than Sheff Wed for example. And generally stuck to the rules too, just one card. I hope they finish second behind us.
    I saw two studs up sliding tackles from them which our guy jumped and ref didn't blow for one of them let alone brandish a card.  A feature of our defence all season which commentators mentioned last night was that they stay on their feet, hence very few cards.  I seem to rembeber CP used to stay on his feet more often than not.
  • Options
    Neil Lennon was also there. They said he was watching Rhodes
    And all he will have seen is Matt Taylor!
  • Options
    havn't commented yet but obviously chuffed. Hard to pick a MOM but pleased Taylor got it because I think he has gone a bit under the radar with our own fans and yet he has been immense this season. Not a bad performance anywhere and good debuts from Russel and Ephraim. Excellant advert for League One football in my opinion.I know I shouldn't say it yet but with three decent additions in the summer we have the team/squad to mount a Championship play off challenge next season.
  • Options
    As a town fan I am disappointed to lose.  I felt that we dominated possession for long periods of the game and had you lot playing on the break but you defended very well and we defended poorly.  With a bit of luck we could have had a point.  I am still positive about the season and feel that we have a good enough squad to go up automatically. I couldn't care less about the record I just don't understand all the bitterness about it from other fans, promotion is what its all about. I thought the lad Green was excellent for you.  See you at the Galpharm for round two and hoping that we both get out of this division and are playing Championship football next season.

I think the record business is because The Football League Show and Claridge, who hates us, made a lot of it while only showing 10 seconds of us despite having a clear lead at the top.

As I said higher up the thread Huddersfield are a decent side and will be there or thereabouts come May.

If you go on Hudders board you will see lots of supporters who think he hates Town!

the truth is he probably doesnt give a fling f** about anyone but is getting paid to comment

• Options

Haven't got time to read all posts so apologies if I'm repeating.

Great crowd number & great vociferous support.

"One Gary Speed" sent a shiver up my spine.

Wiggins is an outstanding offensive & defensive left back.

The back four as a whole really impress me.

Green is getting better & better.

Ephraim & Russell both did well after being thrown in by CP.

Last word for YK. Never seen a CAFC forward win so many headers and his all round play was v good. Capped it with a superb header.

Happy days.

• Options
    I'm so, SO happy right now. I think its the only thing holding off the hangover. Too chuffed to feel sick. 

Wiggins! Wiggins! What a player! And Danny Green really is getting better and better. We just completely out played them. 
    I bought a few neutrals last night and one of them said that at no point did he think Udders would score. 

Wonderful. 
  • Options

Still buzzing from last night, great atmosphere lots of banter, and a solid 2-0 win live on Sky. Brilliant.

• Options
    Very pleasing and agree with all the points above. When we had the ball we were the more dangerous team and on this basis we deserved the victory together with our team spirit and defensive strength against dangerous oponents. I thought Huddersfield played a very high defensive line to deny the space and it took us some time to get into the game but once we got going thought it was thoroughly convincing in the end. Great atmosphere and we were singing in the car driving home so bring on the next opponents.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How different from the Parky days where he said "the trouble is the players are trying too hard!!!!" Trying as hard as our lot did last night wins matches. Full credit to CP 
  • Options
    Fantastic Team performance last night, so many highlights..

Green was excellent again
    Hamer's catches were vital
    Solly was...well Solly-quality.
    Morro and Taylor...terrific against Championship Strikers
    Wiggins-Defending was more the case than attacking.

Oh and Hogan for getting the last goal and winning me some cash :) 

To be honest, from my view their was a foul on a Huddersfield player by Green which eventually led up to the 2nd goal...but i don't really care right now, just have great feelings bout this season.

• Options
     WERE TOP OF THE LEAGUE, CHARLTON ATHLETIC
  • Options
    What capped it all for me was the passion Chrissy Powell showed when he came out the tunnel again at the end of the match; we all wanted this win but none more than CP. All credit to the players but massive respect for the manager!
  • Options
    Have not read all the posts but its great to see there are so many of them and judging by a really good attendance last night it may well be the sign of things to come. Great performance, great win, does wonders for confidence, haven't heard the Valley like that for a long time (probably swindon play-off) and I cant fault anyone. I used to expect bwp to run around a bit more but for the strokes of superb play he gives he is worthy of his place. I liked the way Hughes comes on and gives a strong gutsy perfomance, the way kermorgant is such a powerhouse all over, the way green is so exciting to watch, how really talented solly and wiggins are in an unassuming way, how morrison and taylor are so strong and consistant in defence, how hamer grew in confidence and had us all cheering every take, how hogan and russell both took to the team so well, hollands was quiet but who cares he's a great player, powells waving to the crowd sums up his confidence with us all , i felt that it was special last night...really special. Thank you Charlton Athletic.
  • Options
    Flipping heck pic up the standard tonight. Lovely back page pic.
  • Options
    Flipping heck pic up the standard tonight. Lovely back page pic.
    It's been so long... We got
    A back page again!!!!!

I'll have some more of that please.
  • Options
     WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE, CHARLTON ATHLETIC
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    First chance I've had to get on the computer since last night. Without reading the thread:

WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ENDED HUDDERSFIELD's RECORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (that's not actually a record) 

The whole team really pulled together and everyone had a good game.

We have the two best fullbacks in the league and they showed that last night.

The whole defense is top notch and shut up Rhodes all night. 

Kermit is like a jack in the box and was amazing. 

Ephraim and Green tore them to shreds down the wings.

It was the best I've seen Hamer play, a couple of good saves and catches.

The support and atmosphere was quality, especially as it was a Monday and on sky. 

And a contender for one of the best games we've had in league 1.

COYR!!!!!!