Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 2 - 0 Huddersfield - Post match views

Comments

• Options
    Flipping heck pic up the standard tonight. Lovely back page pic.
    Picked a copy on the train after the game. There was FA in it about us, a two page spread of palarse about their league cup game.
  • Options
    quarter final in a cup you would expect it i guess
  • Options
    quarter final in a cup you would expect it i guess
    They can't make a mention about a game that was been played on the night they printed the "paper", but can do two pages on a game that wasn't taking place for another 48hrs.
  • Options
    Yes that report is on page 61. Four pages in. But half of the back page is a full size pic of ephraim with the words "It's 43 and out".

I had hogan staring open armed at me as people opposite me were reading theirs.

Just not seen that in years.
  • Options
    Any idea where can i watch any of the build up or post match interview etc
  • Options
    I'll bring in tomorrow and post hopefully. For those that don't get a copy.
  • Options

The only negative comment I can remember in this thread, is Len Glover saying he couldn't hear The Red Red Robin !

It is official - we must have played well !

• Options

Apologies for a VERY belated couple of comments from me but I've only just come down to earth.....

Haven't read any posts yet but my thoughts start with how brave our lads were last night . Sat & watched the whole match again on Sky until 1am this morning & was amazed at how many times "we" put our heads on the line in the call of duty , or maybe beyond. Daddy Hollands did this time after time and the others weren't far behind. Kamikaze stuff but SO important.

I was SO proud of the way in which we approached the match & dealt with the perceived threats that Town posed ...Jordan who ? Truly a great performance against a team I feel may well be promoted in May , and in front of the viewing masses. Everything  we could have asked for, and more.

And speaking of bravery, SCP is the Master - throwing Hogan & Darrel into the fray from the start and being richly rewarded by especially the former.

And finally, regardless of this being " just another game we want to win" , I couldn't stop thinking of all those who have brought us to this moment in time & how they must have been feeling at the final whistle. From Messrs Slater & Jiminez, through the Scouting staff , through the Academy set up ( How proud are we of Chris Solly ???) to the Playing Staff - not forgetting those who implemented the ticket initiative and surely guaranteed that a deal more Addicks were hooked last night .

We salute you all.

Onwards & upwards...End of !

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just got back to Cornwall.  What a great game.  My missus took a weekend off from looking after her terminally ill sister in Coventry to come with me..she thought the whole team performed brilliantly, thought the referee was not observant enough, especially with regard to the shirt pulling incident (honest! you couldn't make it up), thought that BWP was industrious but "didn't shine as much as expected" and that we "outplayed them all over the pitch" (her words).  I've got little to add.  Speechless with joy.  I support a fantastic team, again!
  • Options
    Actually I have got something to add.  That performance was not "grinding out a win", that was one of the most entertaining games of football I've seen this season.
  • Options
    Quality effort from us last night. Not the best performance I have seen
    from us this season but we looked very organised, probably because we
    set a game plan against Huddersfield and it really did work. Defence was
    brilliant and Solly and Wiggins were outstanding, the more I see Solly
    play the more I am impressed with him, I hope the negatives about Solly
    are believing they were wrong about him. Was Impressed with Hogan and
    Russell, Green did not play his best game, Hollands did well and Hughes
    did well when he came on.

I thought BWP was a bit lazy last
    night as I felt he should have hassled the Huddersfield defence more,
    and could have scored early in the first half. I am now starting to
    prefer Kermot as I have never seen a player in a Charlton shirt win so
    many headers since Carl Leaburn did in the 90's. He won't score many
    goals as BWP but he does the work for him, feeds the ball and is
    fantastic when free kicks and corners are taken as he is there to score.
    Great signing by Powell.

Hightlight for me of that game was Powell after the game 
  • Options
    For those watching on TV or listening to the radio could you hear

"You can stick your f.....g record up your ass!
  • Options
    yes you could, loud and clear ;o)
  • Options

Fantastic Result, Brilliant Performance!

• Options
    Great post FF
  • Options
    From the Guardian match report posted earlier in the thread...

"The home fans wasted no time in informing their counterparts in the away end exactly where they could stick their record."

Brilliant.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    There are 2 big differences in this team than recent Charlton teams. The first is defensively we are extremely strong and well organised and secondly, we are clinical up front. We basically don't need bags of chances to score. That is the major difference between us and Huddersfiled- they are a good league one side- probably the best outside of us, but their defence is not quite as good and they need a few more chances to score. The difference between winning the league and second place.
  • Options
    two photos of Ephraim because he is a QPR player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only the second time I've been this season but I was mightily impressed. For the first time since the Curbishley era there are real signs of optimism and a light at the end of the dark tunnel that is League One.
    At the back Taylor and Morrison were awesome in keeping Parkin and Rhodes, in particular, very quiet. Solly and Wiggins were immense in the full back positions. Hollands has looked solid all season and Green looked full of beans and has a superb deliver (as does Wiggins). Russel and Ephraim slotted in fantastically well considering our recent poor loan signings. Up top BWP on the floor and Yann in the air were always a threat. Powell has done an amazing job completely reshaping the squad and getting them to gel from match 1. They're playing for each other and playing for him. Can't get too carried away with only 19 games gone but with an 8 points advantage to third place is a great place to be to achieve our one aim.  
  • Options
    46 is a lot of points for 19 games though. Our next six look very winnable and win our next 4 and we would have reached 58 points at the halfway mark.. Do that and we are going to win this league.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

The only negative comment I can remember in this thread, is Len Glover saying he couldn't hear The Red Red Robin !

It is official - we must have played well !

Yeah i agree with that , the singing from the crowd was also  bit too loud & noisy  for my liking , nearly woke me up in the west stand ;-0
  • Options

danny greens long throw from which big yann hit the bar in the second half was a mammoth one!!!

the ball sometimes slips out of his hand, but if he gets those torpedos coming in regularly, it will be such a threat!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Why don't we have towels like Stoke do? Henry you've got contacts or should this be put to BDL?
  • Options
    Why don't we have towels like Stoke do? Henry you've got contacts or should this be put to BDL?
    BDL is pitch side already so he could give out the towels
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats a great idea Henry will you mention it or shall I? I'll do it.
  • Options
    or could you donate a couple of cardigans?