Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valentines day

Why is it that blokes are expected to do something "romantic" - i.e. wedge out a load of cash - but women generally don't do a thing? (apart from get the ump cos you obviously haven't put in enough effort/cash!)

Comments

• Options
    I bought him a bottle of his favourite 'Chateau Neuf de Pape' & tickets to see OMD in May, I'll have you know!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    i beg to differ!!!!!!

i baked heart shaped shortbread and am taking him out tonight for a surprise!! (he'll pay when we get there cos my wallet was nicked)
  • Options
    it's all about training mate, he he he, I should do a column...
  • Options
    me and my missus had our Valentines last night in Greenwich (Cafe Sol, nothing major) because tonight would be a nightmare. She paid for the whole meal and drinks even though i insisted (honestly).

I then gave her the valentine's card which had a soppy message in of course and told her to look on page 8/9 of her present. (we've been together that amount of time)

She opened her present, turned to page 9 and out fell the Killers Tickets. She was thrilled and then asked where it was and i told her to look closer and she was even happier to see it was in Paris.

Then she had a blond moment...

"They're not going to sing in French are they?"

Anyway, i'm in the good books for a while now!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    Then she had a blond moment...

Anyway, i'm in the good books for a while now!
    Classic!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i beg to differ!!!!!!

i baked heart shaped shortbread and am taking him out tonight for a surprise!! (he'll pay when we get there cos my wallet was nicked)

I rest my case!
  • Options
    she was doing so well until the brackets!
  • Options
    how can it be a surprise if you've put it on here? unless he wont be logging on today.

I bought some lovely gifts.
    Im not worried, my present is coming tonight.... the foolish man bought a gucci watch last year so he really set himself a precedent!!! cant wait.
  • Options
    My dog ripped up a part of my girlfriends present - a stupid cuddly toy. Thankfully she was called out last night and wasn't around this morning so I can go out today and replace it. Thinking about it she is not really into cuddly toys so now I have a bit more time I can get her something better.

Her birthday was last week and I just run out of ideas...............
  • Options
    We say every year 'we're not going to buy each other presents', which means i have to go out and get something, but don't get nothing in return. So have called her bluff this year, and bought nothing. Lets see how it goes....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice knowing you, Barts.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]how can it be a surprise if you've put it on here? unless he wont be logging on today.

I bought some lovely gifts.
    Im not worried, my present is coming tonight.... the foolish man bought a gucci watch last year so he really set himself a precedent!!! cant wait.
    he knows he's going out for a surprise, he just dosn't know what it is, and i've actually paid for it in advance, and if we go on anywhere else he'll have to sub me as i have 3 pennies in my pocket!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Then she had a blond moment...

Quality. That reminds me of a woman i know who watched an England international on holiday, 2 hours in front of here. At the end of the game she said 'shall we phone home and tell them the result' ??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]We say every year 'we're not going to buy each other presents', which means i have to go out and get something, but don't get nothing in return. So have called her bluff this year, and bought nothing. Lets see how it goes....

Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm treating the missus to a slap up meal at wimpy tonight!!!
    God i spoil that woman.
  • Options
    Yep - I have got a feeling that AFKA is in the shit.
  • Options
    ha ha... my mate katie got taken to the wimpy for her first wedding anniversary... never fails to crack us up that one.
    No wonder she's now divorced.
  • Options
    I know a good lawyer Afka, if needs be
  • Options
    me and les went to wimpy (not for an occasion) but a couple of months ago, and couldn't believe how expensive its got!!!!

tasty burger sauce!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Then she had a blond moment...

Quality. That reminds me of a woman i know who watched an England international on holiday, 2 hours in front of here. At the end of the game she said 'shall we phone home and tell them the result' ??

brilliant. I love comments like that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortain[/cite]I'm treating the missus to a slap up meal at wimpy tonight!!!
    God i spoil that woman.

Posh! You get plates and knives and forks there. Ask for a bottle of Coke De Slim, a sparkling number and 2006 was a good year.
  • Options
    Just out of Interest how much is the mark up tonight on things like Meals for Two at a restaurant or Red Roses ?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]We say every year 'we're not going to buy each other presents', which means i have to go out and get something, but don't get nothing in return. So have called her bluff this year, and bought nothing. Lets see how it goes....[/quote]

Ouch - Brave man!!!!!

I reckon you may just get divorce procedings in the post in the next few days!!

Mx
  • Options
    don't think its necessarily more expensive, but expect to sit exceptionally close to other couples in a restaurant, they create more 2 seater tables, with inch gaps between them, so you are essentially on a double date with everyone in the restaurant!

lots of places put on set menus which isn't always the best, and you'll get rushed to get more couples in
  • Options
    Being this is the first year that I am single - I have realised that it's all a fuss over nothing - I have saved an absolute fortune not going out and buying anything.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]I bought him a bottle of his favourite 'Chateau Neuf de Pape' & tickets to see OMD in May, I'll have you know!!!!!!!

I have a bottle of chatue nerf du pap to drink tonight with the nice meal i am cooking for Mrs MCS, i got it for my B'day, and was told not to share it with riff raff (ie her dad), and was told its well nice, cant wait to drink it now.
  • Options
    I bloody hate Valentines Day for that exact reason....absolutely no way in hell would I want to sit in a restaurant with loads of other couples, with the lights turned down, crap music playing and heart shaped balloons everywhere....(at least that's what they do in my local Chinese, which is otherwise usually excellent, am guessing it's the same all over the place)

I celebrate my love for Mrs CC everyday ;-)
  • Options
    so will you tell your next boyfriend that its all a fuss over nothing and not expect anything?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]I bought him a bottle of his favourite 'Chateau Neuf de Pape' & tickets to see OMD in May, I'll have you know!!!!!!!

I have a bottle of chatue nerf du pap to drink tonight with the nice meal i am cooking for Mrs MCS, i got it for my B'day, and was told not to share it with riff raff (ie her dad), and was told its well nice, cant wait to drink it now.

I'm not a great red wine drinker but I am told it is beautiful. A bit heavier that Shiraz etc but you can taste it's quality.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    I have a bottle of chatue nerf du pap to drink

you did better trying to spell that than you do belvedere! :-)