Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I know I am not alone in this so

Comments

• Options

"Vraiment, Henri .. tu es une carte!"

You are a map ?
    A good example of how awful a job these translation sofeware often do.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I think the real reason people started calling him Kermit was absolutely nothing to do with the French / Frog thing it's because they wasn't sure how to spell he's name at first and Kermit stuck because it sounded similar and was easier to use . To suggest otherwise is just stupid.
  • Options
    I think it is done with affection but if it is known he doesn't like it we should of course stop. But do we really know that?
  • Options
    I think the real reason people started calling him Kermit was absolutely nothing to do with the French / Frog thing it's because they wasn't sure how to spell he's name at first and Kermit stuck because it sounded similar and was easier to use . To suggest otherwise is just stupid.
    Agreed.
  • Options
    Kermit works for me, he comes from France so he is a frog isn't he?
  • Options
    Just tell him that it's Kermit cos he leaps like a frog - that'll keep him happy!
  • Options
    I dont agree. He was christened that on here if i could be bothered to search for it.

And for all you others saying how do we know etc.  He met his mate after the game, who specifically travelled to London to watch him.  They got the train back together rather than Yann going on the coach as they were going out.  His mate registers on here and comes on on the Monday and says... "do me a favour please don't call him that". 

Now I know its hard for some of you to understand but my guess is that he doesn't really like it. 

• Options
    edited November 2011

I'd like to know why though Curb_It.

And not just 'second hand' through someone on a train/twitter/website/messageboard........or whatever.

There's nothing wrong with the name Kermit, in fact it's very endearing, as Kermit was a loveable character. I can't see for the life of me why this would worry him (or anyone come to that) one iota............so I'm unconvinced this is coming from him or from anyone who understands the 'affectionate' and well meant conotations.

It's just too ridiculous for words that he or his pal's are offended and IF he is, then he needs to have it explained is all I can say........ and get over it.

I get called far worse things everyday..........and mostly on here come to think of it..............LOL!!

• Options
    lol soundas
  • Options

theres only one yann kermorgant

one yann kermorgant

walking along

singing a song

walking in a .... o shit, tht dont work

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    he comes from brittany he loves to grope titties ohhhhhhhhhhh kermit whoa oh kermit he comes from britanny he loves to grope titties
  • Options

theres only one yann kermorgant

one yann kermorgant

walking along

singing a song

walking in a .... o shit, tht dont work

...kermit wonderland?
  • Options
    So his friend who was with him on the train said he didnt like being called Kermit? Can Kermit not talk for himself is he some kind of muppet or something :)
  • Options
    So his friend who was with him on the train said he didnt like being called Kermit? Can Kermit not talk for himself is he some kind of muppet or something :)
    Lol, quality
  • Options
    He came from Leicester, KERMORGANT.
    He's the clinical striker, KERMORGANT.
    No one picks him up in the area, KERMORGANT
    And we love him like that, KERMORGANT

This would be quality
  • Options

No, I think that Yann and his friends met some fans on the train and chatted. Later his friend signed up here and asked for us NOT to call him Kermit as he, Yann, did NOT like it.

Now, if we have a player and we all like him and he asks us not to call him a certain nickname because he doesn't like it then to keep on then calling him by that name is disrespectful. Now, is that really that difficult to understand ?

As for the reasons why he doesn't like it, who cares, he doesn't, end of.

• Options

I wouldn't want to Kermit anything disrespectful.

Maybe people would be more responsive to your theory if you didn't talk down to them in such a patronising way.

• Options

The Marseillaise was originally the anthem of the French revolution.  If Yann's great great great great great great great grandfather was tortured for sheltering a refractory priest he might find it upsetting.

If there really is no answer to this I think we should just sell him.

• Options

like most of our players we dont have a song for him or sing his name (shock horror)

there is no problem

• Options
    Soundas, I once was in a room when a friend of mine called my friends husband a frog (obviously he was French).  It went down like a sack of shit.

I cant vouch that all french people dont mind being called frogs.  As i did ask before pages back, can someone tell me that french people don't mind being called Frogs?

Kermit, however endearing is a flipping frog. 

Call him what you want.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

How about this song:

'He's big, he's strong

He doesn't necessarily bear any relation to amphibians of any kind, real or fictional'

to the tune of The Best of Breton Folk Music, track 3

• Options
    After the dogs abuse he got at leicester after his pen miss

Surely he would be happy with any name that does not end in

U c**t

8+)

• Options

How about this song:

'He's big, he's strong

He doesn't necessarily bear any relation to amphibians of any kind, real or fictional'

catchy
  • Options

What a waste of 115 posts, FFS he is a footballer and they all get nick names.

If ever a guy deserves the nickname "Kermit" its him..............he is French, his surname almost spells it and he jumps like a frog.

If his "mate" is on here and reading this tell KERMIT to come out and make it official then maybe we can respect the poor lads wishes. 

• Options

How about this song:

'He's big, he's strong

Sounds like we have a winner!
  • Options
    Soundas, I once was in a room when a friend of mine called my friends husband a frog (obviously he was French).  It went down like a sack of shit.

I cant vouch that all french people dont mind being called frogs.  As i did ask before pages back, can someone tell me that french people don't mind being called Frogs?

Kermit, however endearing is a flipping frog. 

Call him what you want.

Why is it that everyone else in the world say they are offended by nicknames.....The French call us Roast Beefs.......Auzzies/NZ...... call us Poms......Yanks and many others, Limey's.

Do we throw hissy fits about this........no not at all!!

• Options

What a waste of 115 posts, FFS he is a footballer and they all get nick names.

If ever a guy deserves the nickname "Kermit" its him..............he is French, his surname almost spells it and he jumps like a frog.

If his "mate" is on here and reading this tell KERMIT to come out and make it official then maybe we can respect the poor lads wishes. 

Exact a mon!!
  • Options
    Henry...get him down to a Bromley meeting.....me and the rest of the Bromley clique (Oh that's a French word isn't it) will get the truth out of Kermit once and for all.
  • Options
    I dont know why people throw fekking hissy fits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there. thats my last hissy fit on it.