Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why you split up with them

ScoSco
edited February 2007 in Other Football and Sports
On this day of (commercially enhanced) romance, to flip the coin over so to speak - why did you split with your previous significant others?

I remember one girlfriend inviting me over as her parents were out for the evening. Expecting a night of romance I walked in on her and her mates doing coke off of the kitchen table - this then went on for the next two hours. I was low at the time, but realised that I wasn't that desperate - I promptly left for good! And I've been out with worse!

Comments

• Options
    To be honest I think I have only ever been dumped from any serious(ish) realtionships!
  • Options
    still in my first serious relationship.

Was finished with by a girl who was a couple of years younger than me completely out the blue once, and found out after it was because I insisted on waiting until she turned 16 to do the business (i was 17/18), she took it as i did not fancy her.

She was stunning as well, what ever i had in my head about being moralistic i look back on and shake my head at now....
  • Options
    The last proper bird i had before mrs mcs, she was a great girl, excellent in the sack, but she wanted more than what i did! all i was inn it for was nuts in, but one day she came round as we were going out, i was gonna take her cinema or something like that but bless her she came round all dressed up as if i were takin her to the ball!! I had to let her down gently, took her home, and that was that! She had a terrible time though, as my Ma, told her i was still in love with my old bird! It wasnt even true!!!

Oh well 3 years today i been with mrs ginger.
  • Options
    Had been living with a lovely girl for three years, thing is we had both had to move well away from our friends into Darkest Kent, she could not drive & was clearly missing her friends so I decided to each weekend drive her to her Mum's in Sidcup so she could go for her Girly nights out to bexleyheath or wherever with all her single mates. Ultimately this unbeknown to me signalled the end of us. She decided going out with all her single mates (She was 10 years younger than me to be fair) was much more preferable to being tied down to a mortgage & me miles from anyone she knew. No point in being bitter about it, still hear from her occassionally.
  • Options
    i split up with my exfor plenty of reasons but mainly because afka bartram was horrified once when he got the train with us and the ex stuck chewing gum on the chair in front. (yuck)
    he used to embarrass me all the time. he was older and should have known better. he didnt like football and was northern.

after i split up with him i think my friends were more relieved than i was and they were scared i'd be chopped into little pieces next time they came to visit!
  • Options
    he grew a goatee
  • Options
    cos she was a nut nut loopy la la
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]he grew a goatee

Did you want more than he did? I am reading parallels here between your story and MCS' !!! Only kidding!
  • Options
    "he grew a goatee"

lol - surely there must have been more to it?!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    tee hee
    no we were engaged, living together, he even used to come to see CAFC & was there on the march back to the Valley
    but we became just mates really & he knew I hated facial hair. so when he grew it I knew he didn't care what I thought

but i'd already met Mr Right by then & just didn't know it. So really I should be grateful to that goatee ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "cos she was a nut nut loopy la la"

I take it that you weren't comfortable with compatibility ;-)
  • Options
    grew apart, were together for nearly 4 years, but we were going in different directions, still on talking terms, and still bump into each other.

MCS, is the person your talking about, someone I know?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]"cos she was a nut nut loopy la la"

I take it that you weren't comfortable with compatibility ;-)

i like it!!! im loopy in a different sense!!
    Messy evening had on saturday night mate after we left the barn
    beers were in flow for a long long time!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]grew apart, were together for nearly 4 years, but we were going in different directions, still on talking terms, and still bump into each other.

MCS, is the person your talking about, someone I know?

lol, blimey thats a blast from thepast!

No this about 5 or 6 years later! lol
  • Options
    After 4 years we simply grew apart and wanted different things, she was still in the 'lets get smashed every night phase' and I had done all that and was quite content working for 8hours and day and just spending a nice night in with her.

The final arguement was about her blowing £300 on a tattoo when she was supposed to be saving for a holiday, stupid thing to argue about really, then again we argued about everything.

Still great friends now and probably get on a lot better than we did towards the end of our relationship.
  • Options
    I slept with one of my patients.

She would have accepted that if I wasn't a vet
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I slept with one of my patients.

She would have accepted that if I wasn't a vet

lol, nice one dude
  • Options
    the bird i was with before my wife insisted i give up watching charlton or else - so i went to Sunderland away to really piss her off.
  • Options
    Charlton related dumping.

Many, many moons ago whilst watching the girlfriend play netaball her 'mate' gave me her phone number and suggested if I were ever at a loose end I gave her a call. A couple of weeks later the girlfriend decided she'd prefer shopping with her Mum in Bromley to a visit to The Valley (why?). Giving the 'friend' a call she was excited by the prospect of a trip to SE7 (that's better). A good day was had, can't remember the result, and later I was snogging the 'friend' at the bus stop at Mottingham when the girlfriend went by in the car and spotted us. However, she neglected to tell me of this for over two weeks during which time she was very offish with me. I couldn't understand why. I did however later when she all too uncerimoniously dumped me in front of friends at New Eltham station. Oh well. Good thing is that another of her friends has been Mrs Large for the last twenty years so all's well that ends well. We're still mates as well so that's good too.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite] he didnt like football and was northern.[/quote]

That's reason enough on its own!!!

A year to the day today since I became single. He lived in Spain when we got together but came home at Xmas and I then realised what a nob he really was!! The cheap trips to Spain obviously clouded by vision for two years!!! Oh and he supported Spurs, which should have warned me from the start.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]he grew a goatee

Had the same with an ex of mine

1st serious at 17/18 - She shagged one of my mates.
    2nd - She lived in Paris and the distance proved a nightmare
    3rd - She wouldnt swallow
  • Options
    good stories.

i made the mistake of finishing with a girl once at my football team's end of season awards do. Big mistake, had all my friends, family and teammates there and this girl balled like you've never seen before and caused a right scene, but wouldn't leave. Then she got smashed, cried more, and ended up being dragged by her feet accross the dancefloor by another girl to the exit.

Not my greatest night in the world.
  • Options
    LOL

Be bad is she grew a goatee...

Someone kill this thread its too depressing!
  • Options
    "Not my greatest night in the world"

Why? Did you not win any awards?
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    used to go to my brothers awards do.

the worse prize to get was "most improved player" as it was a sympathy vote most of the time.
  • Options
    Suzi - When I played for the Prince Albert (top of gravel hill) - our 40 year old midfielder got the most improved player. He opened the pub door launched the award and walked back int the pub. We decided to lose that particular award category..........
  • Options
    that was the first pub i ever drank in with my friends when 17(97). they used to know the landlord. he was either scouse, or scottish. can't really remember as i was shy, sat in the corner and tried to keep my head down.
  • Options
    scouse or scottish!???
  • Options
    That was a great night, I remember it well. Couldn't stop laughing!
  • Options
    yes, i wasn't very good with accents, i just know he wasn't from bexleyheath! this is 10 years ago, and i only went in there about 5 times, they used to go there everynight as they lived that way.