Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Out with the biscuits - In with Toast

The biscuit thread didn't interest me in the slightest as I'm not a fan of the small grainy things (maybe the odd lemon puff!) but Toast, toast is where it's all happening!

My fave is peanut butter on already buttered toast and then dunked in a cup of strong tea, a nice oily film on the tea afterwards makes it taste even better!

Whats your fave toast toppings?

Comments

• Options
    Rose's lime marmalade, lovely stuff.
  • Options
    crunchy peanut butter washed down with a mug of splosh , 'andsome
  • Options
    Peanut butter should be taken out and shot in front of its children.
  • Options
    Also marmalade but a good, dark thick cut. Like to get a new jar and pour a small measure of a decent malt whisky into it and let it soak through: gorgeous!
  • Options
    splitters
  • Options
    Also marmalade but a good, dark thick cut. Like to get a new jar and pour a small measure of a decent malt whisky into it and let it soak through: gorgeous!
    I had a homemade lemon, orange, grapefruit and whisky recently - must agree the whiskey in there made it very nice!
  • Options
    a good quality butter or marmite or marmalade - as i work in the bakery industry I eat humungous amounts of bread every week - normally fresh from the oven!!
  • Options
    splitters
    BOOOOOO

Down with the biscuit boys!
  • Options
    Oh no it's muffins (English) with 'real' butter and strawberry jam for me!
  • Options
    I heard you prefer a bit of crumpet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crumpets over toast any day.
  • Options

Surely toast is all about the bread innit?

Wholegrain or Seed Sensations with butter and a big mug of tea.

• Options
    Crumpets for me too
  • Options
    Mushroom pate or banana
  • Options
    Well done toast with butter with Leerdammer slices on
  • Options
    Melted cheese or raw?
  • Options
    Beans on toast with a lot of jalapenos to give some extra spice. Lovely.
  • Options
    Lemon curd, silver shred, crunchy peanut butter, nutella and blackberry jam
  • Options
    Banana
  • Options
    Crunchy peanut butter or marmalade or cheese on toast, mature cheddar and raspberry jam (together) on crumpets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Melted cheese or raw?
    Raw. Continental style
  • Options
    Either pate or philidelphia
  • Options
    I'd kill for some toast, out here in China you just can't get decent bread, it's all sweet as hell and as a result tastes HORRIBLE.
  • Options
    I hear ya, Stu... But... Keeo searching and you may find some non-sweetened stuff (try asking for salt bread)

am lucky enough to live near a branch of Bread Talk... And top my toast with peanut butter and marmite on regular occasion.

(Another tip for Stu - next time you go to Beijing/Shanghai or wherever fill your bags with good bread and freeze it when you get home - better than nowt)
  • Options
    Raspberry jam with some crunchy peanut butter. Fantastic.
  • Options
    I hear ya, Stu... But... Keeo searching and you may find some non-sweetened stuff (try asking for salt bread)

am lucky enough to live near a branch of Bread Talk... And top my toast with peanut butter and marmite on regular occasion.

(Another tip for Stu - next time you go to Beijing/Shanghai or wherever fill your bags with good bread and freeze it when you get home - better than nowt)
    To be fair, the nearby da run fa has french sticks that are not too bad, it's just not the same though !!!

I'm hoping to visit Shanghai later this month, so will deffinately be stocking up on food/clothes then, as finding anything that fits in Yangzhou is nye on impossible. I tried to get trainers the other week, I told one shop assistant I was size 47, she looked like she was going to have a heart attack! Thank god for taobao eh!
  • Options

Marmite.

A friend swears by a marmite and salad cream combo.  It looks disgusting but I've tried it and it's not as bad as it sounds - quite acceptable really.

• Options
    When the Americans in the movies always have peanut butter and jelly, what is the jelly?
  • Options
    Jam I think creepy.
  • Options
    what like strawberry jam?

Thats wrong!