Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Out with the biscuits - In with Toast

2»

Comments

• Options
    toasted one side with either: 
    sweet option: banana and nutella
    savoury option: duck/chicken liver pate or pesto

• Options
    what like strawberry jam?

Thats wrong!
    Yep, I concur!
  • Options
    scrambled egg on top of melted cheese
  • Options

Marmite.

A friend swears by a marmite and salad cream combo.  It looks disgusting but I've tried it and it's not as bad as it sounds - quite acceptable really.

Marmite and Salad cream is lovely.
  • Options
    Crumpets over toast any day.
    Boom this 100%

Like toast
    Like muffins more
    But crumpets wowaweewa
  • Options
    what like strawberry jam?

Thats wrong!
    Try it...
  • Options
    Basic toast preference is white done one side only - and you can never get that anywhere. Two sides only. Love the soft vulnerable underbelly of a half grilled slice.
  • Options
    Basic toast preference is white done one side only - and you can never get that anywhere. Two sides only. Love the soft vulnerable underbelly of a half grilled slice.
    that was called French toast when I were a boy
  • Options
    Sad bunch. Get a life !!
  • Options
    Sad bunch. Get a life !!
    oi .. the British Empire was built on toast  .. and dripping
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    French toast was soaked in egg was it not?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    French toast was soaked in egg was it not?
    that's the US version, where I come from it was bread toasted on one side under the grill (pre toaster machines remember) and the non toasted side was dressed with butter, marge or dripping depending on the family budget for that week .. eeeeh by gum .. times was 'ard in them days and I were a Londoner !!
  • Options
    Pikelets.
  • Options
    Get some bread half toast it wack on some Vegemite then some mayo finish toasting boom delicious
  • Options
    Pikelets.
    What?
  • Options
    Baby Pike?
  • Options
    I like to have Nutella on toasted home-made bread, alongside a glass of whisky (Laphroaig, for those that are wondering), while watching Match of the Day.  Delightfully wintery.
  • Options
    Pikelets.
    Are you seriously suggesting we eat gypsy children?
  • Options
    Are you from Newcastle? that is the way we do it??