Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christmas Trees - Real Or Artificial?

With this week meant to be one of the busiest for buying one , just wondering what Trees lifers like?

Comments

• Options
    Real.  Will be buying ours at the weekend.  If only we had a reliable, inexpensive supplier close to us in Bickley : - )
  • Options
    Real. From Woodside Garden Centre, Shooters Hill.
  • Options
    Artificial for me. Lady RASE7 put ours up last night.
  • Options
    Last 2 years it has be Artificial for us.  However as British Gas very kindly binned that for us when they filled the loft with instillation (this is all according to the other half, and I am not so sure) We will be getting a real one this year.  (storms off in hump as he now has to pay out at least £30 per year from now on on something that will be binned in January) 
  • Options
    I think they changed their name 20 years ago Chirpy :-0
  • Options
    Same as my preference for tits-artificial.
  • Options
    Got mine yesterday  - £30 from the Xmas Tree farm on Bromley Common.
  • Options
    I will be taking my saw out to the New Forest one night this week. Missus on lookout duty as normal. Will check first for squirrels this year as don't need another National Lampoon moment...
  • Options
    I think they changed their name 20 years ago Chirpy :-0
    Really? I saw a bloke from there in the Midland Bank the other day and then bumped into him again in Bejams!
  • Options
    Parallel universe?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Still got our real one from last year.
  • Options
    Artificial. Real ones make far too much mess.
  • Options
    keeping it real
  • Options
    Atrificial - baby and cat doesnt go well with loads of pine needles.
  • Options
    Xmas eve outside Homebase they usually leave the unsold ones out for free to take
  • Options
    I prefer to keep it real but the wife prefers the plastic ones!
  • Options
    <snigger>
  • Options
    here is a pic of my yankie girlfriend with our tree from last year, which is real and which is plastic? or maybe both are real.....heres a clue....one is real.
  • Options
    Real, thompsons shooters hill cant beat the smell of a real tree, good prices at thompsons hardly droped any needles last year littlen cant wait!
  • Options
    Florida.. Git. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Florida.. Git. ;-)
    I think he means Florida in Essex ;-0
  • Options

Artificial, I'm afraid.

Love the smell of the real thing but since our needles had all dropped by Xmas Eve one year, we've taken the alternative  route.

• Options
    We (legally) removed ours from the forest on Saturday, a £3 permit gets you up to 3 trees.....
  • Options

@Oakster...just one more benefit of living in paradise!

Real, by the way. Non-negotiable in our house, but fortunately we agree!

• Options

I told Mrs Roofer I was going out to pick up a real Christmas tree on Saturday when she reminded me we bought an artificial one last year!

How could I forget when it cost an arm-and-a-leg and included lights, "snow" and decorations.

DOH!

• Options
    Is Florida addick on wind up?  V odd.

• Options
    Is Florida addick on wind up?  V odd.

Reminded me a bit of an ex-poster.  You know who I mean B.

But most likely just madly in love so good luck to them.

• Options

I just cannot understand the reasons for artificial. I f you are going to have a tree, have a real one. We did when I and my siblings were babies in the 60's.

I have gone through it myself with two babies and also a dog. Never had a problem.

Get a real tree for goodness sake or just don't bother.

• Options
    edited December 2011

I just cannot understand the reasons for artificial. I f you are going to have a tree, have a real one. We did when I and my siblings were babies in the 60's.

I have gone through it myself with two babies and also a dog. Never had a problem.

Get a real tree for goodness sake or just don't bother.

I guess not having a real one is a good idea if you are hard up , or tight! as is not having one, i never had a real tree until i met my wife , my parents had a crappy old tree they'd bring out year after year ( i think they'd had it for 35 years!!) so i bought them a new artificial one , now they don't bother with it , put a fibre optic one up instead.
  • Options
    Hard up? You seen the price of artificial ones?