Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christmas Trees - Real Or Artificial?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hard up? You seen the price of artificial ones?
    True, but you get the money back in a few years, its like an insurance policy i guess.
  • Options
    Real Tree have done for the last 8 years only way to go
  • Options
    Oh come on! We're not talking about choosing between a Jaguar XJS and a 2nd hand Ford Fusion are we? You can buy a real tree for £10. They don't have to be 6"6'.
  • Options
    Real, but as I am going to the usual family gathering, I don't have to pick up all the dead bits that drop onto the carpet
  • Options
    Real all the way.
  • Options

Real one for me.

Although if you are going to go artificial it should be as kitch as possible. Like the matt white one with black decorations I saw recently!!!!

• Options
    Before the kids came along we had artificial now we keep it real. 
  • Options

@Oakster...just one more benefit of living in paradise!

Real, by the way. Non-negotiable in our house, but fortunately we agree!

it sounds great, reality is that any decent trees close-by in the designated area are long gone by the time you get there. So you have a torturous hike into the forest in two feet of snow, and worse still a hike back with a heavy tree, an unruly wife & two kids intent on getting lost in the million square hectares of wilderness..........
  • Options
    Real for me every time. Probably won't get it until the 17th though. Don't want 'em hanging around for too long.
  • Options
    The Lass insists in real with roots,got it yesterday and it will come indoors on 24th.

A previous tree is in the garden and now about 20ft high.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Missus has declared were getting a real one tomorrow.
  • Options
    Every year I get a cheap flight to Norway where I trawl the forests looking for the perfect shape Christmas tree. When found I cut it down and have it shipped back to Shooters Hill. On the odd occasion I don't do this I put up an artificial tree ;0)
  • Options
    Artificial. Good buy a couple of years back. Pop up. Pops up already decorated and with all the lights in situ. Marvellous.
  • Options
    I just go and sit in the neighbours house on christmas day and look at their decorations, so whatever they have I suppose.
  • Options
    I just go and sit in the neighbours house on christmas day and look at their decorations, so whatever they have I suppose.

Let's have a whip round for Wheresmeticket !

Or maybe just a whip....

• Options
    Real from the shop down the road.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My wife puts so many decorations on the tree, that you couldn't tell if it was real or artificial.

I'm not even certain that there is a tree underneath.

I may have to consider strengthening the floorboards this year   :-)

• Options
    Is Florida addick on wind up?  V odd.

Reminded me a bit of an ex-poster.  You know who I mean B.

But most likely just madly in love so good luck to them.

not an ex poster, seems my humor did get "very odd" for a moment, just proud of her at the moment for getting her BA this week...shall keep it off here from now on, it is very odd actually, very odd indeed..
  • Options
    Always bought a real one but 3 years ago converted to an expensive 7ft artificial one - looks better than real and am in profit this year.  You can always spray some pine air freshner in the room if you miss that Christmas tree aroma. The advantages are that it doesn't start to look sorry for itself after a couple of weeks, you don't have to water it and it isn't a nightmare to dispose of.
  • Options
    Oh come on! We're not talking about choosing between a Jaguar XJS and a 2nd hand Ford Fusion are we? You can buy a real tree for £10. They don't have to be 6"6'.
    They don't have to be 6 ft 6? That's what people said about our defenders in the summer, and look where we are the in the league...!