Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul McCartney @ The O2

edited December 2011 in Not Sports Related

I was there last night, anyone else?
I must say I was totally overwhelmed with the whole quality of the show. Paul was brilliant, absolutely superb. For a 69 year old he certainly puts his peers and younger veterans in the shade with regards to his voice. He was so relaxed, natural, humorous and friendly.
The band was great. Brilliant set, a fantastic mix of Beatles, Wings and Macca solo songs. Surprise cameo from Ronnie Wood who joined him on stage to play guitar on Get Back.
Highlights for me were Back in The USSR, Live and Let Die and Ob-la-di. The big sing along to Hey Jude with the whole crowd stood and singing and swaying was proper hairs on the back neck stuff.
Nice tributes to John and George. Two encores and the best part of 3 hours solid gold entertainment.
Bloody expensive but as far as VFM goes, worth every penny. 

Comments

• Options
    I saw him 20 years ago at Wembley Arena and he was superb , good to hear that he is still on form.
  • Options
    Did he do Frog Chorus ?
  • Options

how did I miss that he was playing there ?   I too  saw the Wembley gig 20 yrs ago & would love to have seen him at the O2.

did he do Wonderful Christmas time ???

• Options

I must say I was totally overwhelmed with the whole quality of the show. Paul was brilliant, absolutely superb. For a 69 year old he certainly puts his peers and younger veterans in the shade with regards to his voice. He was so relaxed, natural, humorous and friendly.
    The band was great. Brilliant set, a fantastic mix of Beatles, Wings and Macca solo songs. Surprise cameo from Ronnie Wood 

And it was all going so well up until that point. Glad I missed that horrible human being now
  • Options

The band was great. Brilliant set, a fantastic mix of Beatles, Wings and Macca solo songs. Surprise cameo from Ronnie Wood 

And it was all going so well up until that point. Glad I missed that horrible human being now
    Unclear who you're talking about....but either way you're talking crap!
  • Options
    Talking about Ronnie Wood and no I'm not talking crap
  • Options
    Talking about Ronnie Wood and no I'm not talking crap
    Do you know Woody then mate?
  • Options
    Ronnie Wood? You may have a point, but he was my hero as a young boy trying to play the guitar (with the sole purpose of picking up women). I would've loved to have been in The Faces.
  • Options
    Personally I don't but a friend does
  • Options

Ah yes, the old ..........my mate knows him.

colte old chap.........I once danced with a woman who danced with a man who danced with The Princess of Wales.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Ah yes, the old ..........my mate knows him.

colte old chap.........I once danced with a woman who danced with a man who danced with The Princess of Wales.

Fine, don't believe me. Doesn't matter to me if you do or don't. What I can say is that out of the Stones, Ronnie is the least favoured by his fellow band mates and anyone who works with the band and there are some very good reasons for that. But as you say "my mate" knows him, couldn't possibly be a shred of truth in any of that
  • Options
    really i thought bill wyman would get that vote
  • Options
    but what on earth has that got to do with his entertaining?  McCartney must really hate him to have him on stage last night.

I could imagine plenty of rock stars are complete dirty, druggy, villainous arseholes.

• Options

How much were the tickets you said they were expensive --but worth it....glad you enjoyed it -- i had a jackson tickets least Paul turned up

• Options
    but what on earth has that got to do with his entertaining?  McCartney must really hate him to have him on stage last night.

I could imagine plenty of rock stars are complete dirty, druggy, villainous arseholes.

All I said was I'm glad I missed it because I dislike Ronnie Wood,
  • Options
    For goodness sake you lot! I started a uncontroversial thread, or so I thought, and it's been hijacked by trolls!
  • Options
    but surely wyman is more dislikeable than wood?
  • Options

Thanks Nolly!

Stick to boxing fella.

• Options
    but surely wyman is more dislikeable than wood?
    He left the band about 10 years ago.
  • Options
    amazed how bill wyman still gets on tv talking about music etc truly amazed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    oh and my uncle played with wood and clapton so there!!!
  • Options

For goodness sake you lot! I started a uncontroversial thread, or so I thought, and it's been hijacked by trolls!
    I apologise for hijacking your thread. I think the troll should also apologise, Soundasa£ are you going to say sorry?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooooh Eeeeee....Chirpy chirpy cheep cheep.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

SAD ****ERS THE LOT OF YOU!

YOU KNOW NOTHING, YOU THINK YOU DO BUT YOU DON'T.

SOUNDAS£ DO ONE.

• Options
    No hip hop then? Can't stand the bloke, but I would still have loved to have been there.
  • Options
    no or know
  • Options
    I just did...............all over you in fact!
  • Options
    Eric Clapton is a bit of a twat
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Eric Clapton is a bit of a twat
    Which bit? And anyway, he's always been most complimentary about you.
  • Options

SAD ****ERS THE LOT OF YOU!

YOU KNOW NOTHING, YOU THINK YOU DO BUT YOU DON'T.

SOUNDAS£ DO ONE.

calm down - honestly.