Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace v Birmingham - guess the Crowd

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2011

INo identity. Can you imagine supporting such an anonymous club?.

Coming from Charlton? Let's face it, what makes Charlton stand out from the crowd?
    5th December '92, the less said about what makes millwall stick out the better.
  • Options

Coming from Charlton? Let's face it, what makes Charlton stand out from the crowd?
    I know we're biased but the only South London club to have won the FA Cup, a famous old stadium, having been nomads, forming the Valley party, going back to the Valley.

I'll refrain from having a dig at your lot.
  • Options

I know we're biased but the only South London club to have won the FA Cup, a famous old stadium, having been nomads, forming the Valley party, going back to the Valley.

I doubt fans across the country will reel that off as what identifies you and marks you out. You dig out Palace & us, we dig out you & Palace, Palace dig us both out.

At the end of the day we're all shitty little South London football teams who all play in the shadow of bigger north of the river teams. None of us have illustrious history, none of us conjure up much excitement in the minds of the neutrals, & we've all got relatively small crowds when you consider the catchment area.

Neutrals will think of fluffy cosy family friendly Charlton, violent animals at Millwall and nerds at Palace.

Just funny the digs at palace about identity & drum banging, when you ain't much different and the only thing we're known for is causing havoc up & down the country.

• Options
    Your doing yourself a disservice there: the ability of a small group to completely halt, even turn back the course of human evolution is really quite something special. Maybe not something to be proud of, but an achievement nonetheless.

Us, we're not Charlton to impress the neutrals. As The Wailers say, "Who feels it knows it."
  • Options
    'Causing havoc up & down the country!' Do you know how sad you sound!
  • Options
    'Causing havoc up & down the country!' Do you know how sad you sound!
    To be fair, I don't  think he was saying it in a gloating way, just how they are perceived by others, which is a fair comment in my opinion.
  • Options
    Shut it you!
  • Options

Huge crowds back in the day. One of only 11 clubs in England to have averaged over 40,000 in a season. First club to go from 3rd to 1st division in consecutive seasons. First club to sign european footballer of the year whilst in the second division. Millwall's hard image years ago is what makes them stand out. If being hard is your ultimate goal then great. Doesn't float my boat. 
  • Options

Your doing yourself a disservice there: the ability of a small group to completely halt, even turn back the course of human evolution is really quite something special. Maybe not something to be proud of, but an achievement nonetheless. Us, we're not Charlton to impress the neutrals. As The Wailers say, "Who feels it knows it."

That made me thump my chest with laughter!

• Options
    mate you sure about the havoc round the country bit,you have become rather poxy in that now as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That made me thump my chest with laughter!

Go with it, it's only 'natural'.