Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool Players Wear Shirts To Support Luis Suarez

edited December 2011 in General Charlton
Wearing them in the warm up now.....surely this isn't right at all??

Comments

• Options
    Pathetic. It amounts to a 'feck off' by Saint Kenny of Pool to the FA. I'd love it if they hit Liverpool with a charge for doing it.
  • Options
    Pathetic. It amounts to a 'feck off' by Saint Kenny of Pool to the FA. I'd love it if they hit Liverpool with a charge for doing it.
    surely all they are doing is showing solidarity with a team mate. We have enough rules preventing free speech and opinion without the FA or whoever manufacturing even more.
    Liverpool have 14 days in which to appeal against the Suarez 'verdict'. The alternative would be not to select him, and to hide him away like a leper. Some may think he IS a social leper .. that is a matter of opinion
  • Options
    Well they're within their rights to do it but surely only if they chose. Seems to me like something the manager made them do, whether they agree or not they would not be happy with that!
  • Options
    And if the verdict is that he is guity? Liverpool FC support racists? Is that the message that should be coming out from within the club, it just sits a bit uneasy with me.

Wonder what Patrice Evra thinks of this....
  • Options
    Fans been singing his name non stop for the past 6 minutes
  • Options
    Lincs said: surely all they are doing is showing solidarity with a team mate. We
    have enough rules preventing free speech and opinion without the FA or
    whoever manufacturing even more.
    Liverpool have 14 days in which to
    appeal against the Suarez 'verdict'. The alternative would be not to
    select him, and to hide him away like a leper.

The allegation has been found proved. I would have hoped that Liverpool would have said nothing unless and until they appeal. They are quite entitled to play him (as indeed are Chelsea with Terry) but sending out the players in that kit is deliberately provocative. Did you think Tim Cahill's pretend handcuffs in order to show 'solidarity' with his brother who got 6 years for blinding a man or Norris for his mate McCormick who, when pissed, drove his car killing innocent people are completely ok?  There are proper procedures and they should be followed.
  • Options
    he's been awful tonight
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lincs said: surely all they are doing is showing solidarity with a team mate. We have enough rules preventing free speech and opinion without the FA or whoever manufacturing even more.
    Liverpool have 14 days in which to appeal against the Suarez 'verdict'. The alternative would be not to select him, and to hide him away like a leper.

The allegation has been found proved. I would have hoped that Liverpool would have said nothing unless and until they appeal. They are quite entitled to play him (as indeed are Chelsea with Terry) but sending out the players in that kit is deliberately provocative. Did you think Tim Cahill's pretend handcuffs in order to show 'solidarity' with his brother who got 6 years for blinding a man or Norris for his mate McCormick who, when pissed, drove his car killing innocent people are completely ok?  There are proper procedures and they should be followed.
    the rights and wrongs and pros and cons of this have been discussed at length elsewhere on here. My Spanish dictionary defines 'nigerito' as a small black coffee (Carib and Sth Am). Suarez was 'found guilty' as he confessed to using the word nigerito, or so I believe. And to compare blinding and killing to verbal abuse is quite silly and I would have thought that you would have understood that. Suarez is guilty, or has been deemed guilty of  'using insulting words and reference to another player's skin colour' , no mention there of 'racist' or 'racism'.. if he were my team mate, my response would be .. 'you've acted badly mate and will pay for it, but while you're here you are still my team mate and we need to pull together to get a few results ' .. I've also said semi-seriously that I would deport Suarez in retaliation for Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina refusing entry to their collective seaports to Falkland Island flag bearing shipping ... and that goes for Tevez as well
  • Options
    Can't see the game what shirts do you refer to?
  • Options
    Lincs said: surely all they are doing is showing solidarity with a team mate. We have enough rules preventing free speech and opinion without the FA or whoever manufacturing even more.
    Liverpool have 14 days in which to appeal against the Suarez 'verdict'. The alternative would be not to select him, and to hide him away like a leper.

the rights and wrongs and pros and cons of this have been discussed at length elsewhere on here. My Spanish dictionary defines 'nigerito' as a small black coffee (Carib and Sth Am). Suarez was 'found guilty' as he confessed to using the word nigerito, or so I believe. And to compare blinding and killing to verbal abuse is quite silly and I would have thought that you would have understood that. Suarez is guilty, or has been deemed guilty of  'using insulting words and reference to another player's skin colour' , no mention there of 'racist' or 'racism'.. if he were my team mate, my response would be .. 'you've acted badly mate and will pay for it, but while you're here you are still my team mate and we need to pull together to get a few results ' .. I've also said semi-seriously that I would deport Suarez in retaliation for Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina refusing entry to their collective seaports to Falkland Island flag bearing shipping ... and that goes for Tevez as well
    would you though?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Can't see the game what shirts do you refer to?
    during the warm up the L'pool players wore Tshirts with Suarez's image printed on them
  • Options
    My Spanish dictionary defines 'nigerito' as a small black coffee (Carib and Sth Am). Suarez was 'found guilty' as he confessed to using the word nigerito, or so I believe

Do we have to explain idioms to you?
  • Options
    Cheers mate
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My Spanish dictionary defines 'nigerito' as a small black coffee (Carib and Sth Am). Suarez was 'found guilty' as he confessed to using the word nigerito, or so I believe ............. Do we have to explain idioms to you?
    go ahead .. you know you want to .. but before you do .. read through the other posts relating to this, perhaps you'll get more insight into the issue
  • Options
    I read in the paper tonight that avb will fully support Terry if he is found guilty of racist remarks to Anton Ferdinand. Don't know about you lot but I don't agree with avb 1 bit.
  • Options
    Lincs
    What a load of drivel.  You rely on your 'Spanish dictionary!!!  Well you should have been defending him and with that incisive advocacy he would have been acquitted straight away. lol
    Anyway the charge was found proved. My concern is the corporate response on the pitch.  I have NO problem in Liverpool appealing in the proper manner. And deportation over access to Brazilian etc ports???  What a daft suggestion. yo! ho! ho!
  • Options
    Did the police investigate Suarez's comments ?
  • Options
    yeh they didnt press charges as it was one word against the other, but with terry they have because of video evidence and player statements, and so effectively he could get much worse than suarez has, but being english the fa will probably be the fa and cop out for one of their own!
  • Options
    Scouse victim hood
  • Options

Jesus Christ almighty - must we go through this shit AGAIN? As I have already told you - 'Negrito' means 'little coon'. I don't give a F***K what your Spanish dictionary says (I'd question the veracity of any dictionary that, for instance, can't even SPELL the f***ing word properly). Yes, it's true to say that, amongst Uruguayan blacks (and probably Colombians and Venezuelans as well), the term 'negrito' has been 'adopted' as a way of reversing the intent of the word (used as a derogatory remark originally by the Spanish, later diluted to become more 'acceptable' by insisting it is a term of endearment).

However, the rights and wrongs of Uruguayans proposing that a term whose origins are rooted in the derogatory as 'acceptable' notwithstanding, unless Suarez was familiar to the point of friendship with Evra prior to the match (I'm hazarding a guess that he wasn't) then he knew EXACTLY what he was doing referring to Evra as 'my little coon'. It's just as racist as Busquets calling Marcelo a monkey last year (something which the Spanish FA (who aren't exactly noted as a shining example of modern racial awareness) didn't charge him over. I'm glad that the FA have taken the decision to ban him - it will help teach South American and Spanish players that, just because 'Love Thy Neighbour' race relations are acceptable in Spain/Latin America, doesn't mean that they are in Britain.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fucking hell, they'll wear a shirt if someone so much as gets a parking ticket.

'never forget'.
  • Options

Jesus Christ almighty - must we go through this shit AGAIN? As I have already told you - 'Negrito' means 'little coon'. I don't give a F***K what your Spanish dictionary says (I'd question the veracity of any dictionary that, for instance, can't even SPELL the f***ing word properly). Yes, it's true to say that, amongst Uruguayan blacks (and probably Colombians and Venezuelans as well), the term 'negrito' has been 'adopted' as a way of reversing the intent of the word (used as a derogatory remark originally by the Spanish, later diluted to become more 'acceptable' by insisting it is a term of endearment).

However, the rights and wrongs of Uruguayans proposing that a term whose origins are rooted in the derogatory as 'acceptable' notwithstanding, unless Suarez was familiar to the point of friendship with Evra prior to the match (I'm hazarding a guess that he wasn't) then he knew EXACTLY what he was doing referring to Evra as 'my little coon'. It's just as racist as Busquets calling Marcelo a monkey last year (something which the Spanish FA (who aren't exactly noted as a shining example of modern racial awareness) didn't charge him over. I'm glad that the FA have taken the decision to ban him - it will help teach South American and Spanish players that, just because 'Love Thy Neighbour' race relations are acceptable in Spain/Latin America, doesn't mean that they are in Britain.
    If he meant Little Coon, He would've said Little Coon not Negrito.
  • Options

If he meant Little Coon, He would've said Little Coon not Negrito.
    Just like if you'd been in, say, Russia and you wanted to racially abuse a player, you'd use Russian to do it?
  • Options
    Outrageous a player gets convicted of racism and the club support him,  can't believe they'll get away with this but they will
  • Options

I have 8 year old Chinese students who have a better understanding of how language works than you do.

Does the word n***** even appear in the dictionary? I don't think so, by your logic that means it cannot be offensive, as only definitions found in a dictionary can be true.
  • Options
    He was guilty, until appeal he is still guilty. Should have got more than 8 games. As fo the scouse club.....what else would you expect from them?
  • Options

Scousers playing the victim for a change.

• Options

I do wish people would stick to the facts and not make them up

Firstly Suarez is NOT a racist. This was the conclusion of the FA enquiry. Evra also said the same. He has been found guilty of  'using insulting words and reference to another player's skin colour'. This is not the same

Secondly he said nigerito not "little black coon". This is not what it means and has a different connotion.

please will people stop making up things to suit their case and then put them as facts.

• Options
    AAAAAAAAUUUUGUHHHHH!!!!!!

'NIGERITO' IS NOT A WORD!!!!!!!! IT DOESN'T EXIST!!!!!! THE WORD IS 'NEGRITO'

AAAAAAAAUUUUGUHHHHH!!!!!!
  • Options
    These little digs at the liverpool victim thing are far more offensive