Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best 11 - Combined Charlton / Millwall / Palace team - since 1985

2»

Comments

• Options
    I think Shirtliff should at least be on the bench even if it was his 2 goals in the 87 playoff vs Leeds
    better than Rufus and Southgate though? Head over heart remember.
    Maybe not, Shirtliff played in old 1st Div for us, Captain as well, Rufus played mainly division below unitl last couple of years when he was injured a lot of the time, although admittedly loved it when he played
  • Options
    Cahill maybe should go in ahead of Lee who really blossomed at the top level after he left us but so did Cahill after he left you so just going to say Lee as fits in team better. Who was your defendser who  went to blackburn and west ham? Lucas Neil? was he a right back Sparrows?

Cahill never player premier league football with Millwall and didn't play against top level opposition regularly enough with Millwall, so really, he cannot be considered. Yes he was one of the best in the championship, but when others were playing week in, week out for yourselves in the Prem they surely take precedence? If it was based on what they did before/after then Cahill would walk into the team.

Lucas Neill was a better right & left midfielder, but ended up right back at times and played there for Blackburn & West Ham. Again, didn't play prem football with us, so surely others may be more deserving?

• Options

Millwall 03/04 had some decent players, so did 88/89

Mark Bright wouldn't be a bad shout either for us and Palarse

The team from the 01/02 season were better than the 03/04.

Cahill & Sadlier had cracking seasons. But seeing as that wasn't the Premiership I don't think they could be considered really.

One of my mates still wears his Green Millwall shirt with Sadlier on the back lol
    I'm sure he would've made it in the prem if it wasn't for injuries curtailing his career. Losing him & Harris were huge blows, both could've had even better careers.
  • Options
    Rufus had at least 3 seasons as a top prem defender though and i would say was a better player than Shirtliff who was ousted for Pates and Mcloclan? Rufus would have remained a mainstay of the side. 
  • Options
    Rufus had at least 3 seasons as a top prem defender though and i would say was a better player than Shirtliff who was ousted for Pates and Mcloclan? Rufus would have remained a mainstay of the side. 
    Age caught up with him - anyway look what happened when we got Pates and McLoughlin! Different types of defenders anyway, both great
  • Options

I liked Shirtliff but i'm gonna stick with Rufus and Southgate

• Options
    I'm sorry johnny h twice the full back young ever was. And for personal reasons dump Thomas for magic Mortimer on his day unplayable
  • Options
    agreed - having woken up this morning and realised what i have done, i have changed things, and although i thought Mortimer was great, i'm not sure he quite makes it in. Humphreys has.