Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National 2012

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2012
    peanuts watched one of Hobbsy's run on yesterday at Chepstow after being off the bridle halfway down the back stretch, he needed further. The chance roy or something like that, he looked a national horse if ever I saw one.Finished second but looked a proper national horse.

He was a bit unlucky as the winner was thrown in at the weights. He has to get some form at 3 miles+ but when he romps home at AIntree in 2013, I won't forget I read it here first NSS  ;o) 

Chance Du Roy finished 2nd in the Topham today. Jumped beautifully. Very well spotted NSS. Still needs some form at 3m+ but roll on Aintree 2013.
  • Options
    Just hope no horses die this year.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Absolutely. Thankfully none over the National fences yesterday or today and, with Always Waining's win, a demonstration that some horses absolutely love jumping around the course.
  • Options
    havent they made the course 'safer' this year?

im gonna have a few quid on coppa bleu and planet of sound
  • Options
    Agreed.
  • Options
    peanuts watched one of Hobbsy's run on yesterday at Chepstow after being off the bridle halfway down the back stretch, he needed further. The chance roy or something like that, he looked a national horse if ever I saw one.Finished second but looked a proper national horse.

He was a bit unlucky as the winner was thrown in at the weights. He has to get some form at 3 miles+ but when he romps home at AIntree in 2013, I won't forget I read it here first NSS  ;o) 

Chance Du Roy finished 2nd in the Topham today. Jumped beautifully. Very well spotted NSS. Still needs some form at 3m+ but roll on Aintree 2013.
    Like to think I can spot a good horse Peanuts, hoping for a bit of rain as I really want to have a bit on Giles Cross, gotta say though synchronised looks a hell of a bet.

• Options
    So then, big day.

Bit disappointed having taken 9s last night to see this morning Syncronised offered at 12s.

That's some drifting.
  • Options
    @AFKABartam did you place the bet online? if so who with as a lot of the online bookies offer best odds available so if it finishes bigger then the price you took you get that price.
  • Options
    Killyglen
    West End Rocker
  • Options
    What Dan? Only got 7s myself. So stop bitching.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So then, big day.

Bit disappointed having taken 9s last night to see this morning Syncronised offered at 12s.

That's some drifting.
    There's often a big plunge or 2 before the race - could be Sync, could be another one. Bookies were saying that the AP factor could see Synchronised go off as short as 7/2. We'll see.

• Options
    I just cannot see Synchronised winning. Top weight & won at Chelts two big factors in putting me off.
  • Options
    Is Treacle worth a cheeky fiver?
  • Options
    Going for Beacauseicouldntsee & Ballabriggs E/W, and Planet of Sound and West End Rocker to place. Not massively into horse racing so if anyone can see some hugely glaring errors I'd appreciate if you could point out before I spend my childrens new shoes fund on these donkeys
  • Options
    Lunchbreak 12-1 ?
  • Options
    Synchronised - Win only
    West End Rocker - E/W
    Sunnyhillboy - E/W

Here's hoping for a successful day all round!
  • Options
    Agreed.
    They will. It's barbaric and should be banned.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I just cannot see Synchronised winning. Top weight & won at Chelts two big factors in putting me off.
    I think we'll know by Bechers (if he gets that far).
    I respect your views hugely JT and I fully understand why 99.99% of stat-followers and smart punters easily put a line through him because of weight & Cheltenham and by 4.25 this afternoon I will probably look very silly indeed.
    However, if you consider the number of near-misses since 1988 of runners with 11.10+ in the GN (which include horses that were not previous GN winners, The Thinker 3rd with 11.10, Suny Bay 2nd with 12.00, Royal Auclair 2nd with 11.10, in addition to returning GN winners Hedgehunter 2nd with 11.12 & Don't Push It 3rd with 11.10) and of GN winners or 2nds that were near-misses or ran very strong races at the preceding Festival (Mr Frisk, Seagram (Cheltenham winner), Garrison Savannah, Romany King, Miinnehoma, Rough Quest, Encore Un Peu, Suny Bay, Whats Up Boys, Royal Auclair with 11.10, Silver Birch) and when you consider Synchronised's stellar stamina credentials, the biggest risk to him (IMHO) is not the weight or the GC-winner's bogey but the possibility that he'll be one of those horses that just don't handle the fences and he has either hit the deck or is out of it by The Chair. Having said that he is yet to F or UR in 9 chases. We'll find out by 4.25.
    Don't get me wrong, it would be an amazing feat if he wins. It annoys the hell out of me as a stat-follower that I'm sticking my neck out and he's bl**dy 10/1 fav!!
  • Options
    i got capa bleu to win at 14s
    seabass e/w at 20s
    black apalachi e/w at 33s
    and a cheeky punt on postmaster at 100s

on another note also got solly to score today I've got a good feeling
  • Options
    Shakalalaboomboom, Seabass, West End Rocker and Cappa Bleu the latter being red hot, you heard it from me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    While on my rounds today I met a little old lady who asked if I bet on the grand national because she has a hot tip... Her 3 legged dog is also called Treacle!! Anyone think it's worth a go?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Is Treacle worth a cheeky fiver?
    While on my rounds today I met a little old lady who asked if I bet on the grand national because she has a hot tip... Her 3 legged dog is also called Treacle!! Anyone think it's worth a go?
    A Pricewise tip, has to be respected. His 3rd in the Irish Hennessy in Feb was just ahead of the winner of the Betfred Bowl on Thursday. Doesn't have the stats to make my winning or near-miss selections but not without a chance. He's a good horse having a good season and 10.08's a very manageable weight. Good luck.
  • Options
    Shakalalaboomboom, Seabass, West End Rocker and Cappa Bleu the latter being red hot, you heard it from me.
    I would refer you to the opening posting on this thread ;-)
  • Options
    LOL. That's salt in the wounds after Burton Port.
    Best of luck mate.
  • Options
    Im clueless at horses and the betting involved, but I did a couple of reverse forecasts on: organisedconfusion + shakalaka and then organised n Treacle
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Official description of the going as at 12.30pm today on National Course is Good (GS places), GoingStick 6.9. That is notable because it suggests there's not signficant cut. The GoingStick reading was 6.4 (i.e. indicating softer than today) when DPI won the 2010 GN with 11.05 in a time of 9m4.6secs (5.4 secs FAST of standard) - 6th fastest time ever. Unless the weather intervenes, this ground will not ride as Good-to-Soft.
    EDIT at 1.05pm.....there's a few brollies up!
  • Options
    LOL. That's salt in the wounds after Burton Port.
    Best of luck mate.
    Cheers and you PM
  • Options
    I think I will go for V-Neck, as he's a good JUMPER.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Deja Vu - Ruby Walsh ruled out of GN by injury in the hurdle - same as 2 years ago.....just before McCoy won the GN....spooky!!!!!
    On the other hand, 3/3 for Geraghty & Henderson, same as a year ago, just before Ballabriggs won the GN............odds on a dead heat?
  • Options
    Calgary Bay to win
    Cappa Blue EW

& In Compliance in a sweep!
    everything crossed!