Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thank you Paul Benson...

Comments

• Options
    Reckon he could do really well there and the goals will flow.
  • Options
    Good luck to benno from me too, don't understand why he could not at least make the bench, but at the end of the season, we won't be talking about that.  Hope he gets a hat full for Swindon and if he ever plays against us.I won't begrudge him making a point as long as we win.
  • Options
    Good luck Benno.

Unfortunately it was just the wrong place and the wrong time with you and CAFC....still think that you have a lot to give though, and really appreciated the fact that you always gave it 100%....I hope that you fire Swindon (and our old friend PDC) to promotion and glory! 
  • Options

Echo others' sentiments here & hope he excells at Swindon.

One word of warning though.....

Beware the Magic Roundabout !

• Options
    Wonder if a few more games would have triggered a payment to the Daggers and he wasn't seen as a long term bet so we didn't want to cough up.
    Best of luck to an honest and not untalented player.
  • Options
    Paul has had a raw deal I feel and thought he would at least get a chance under SCP. Who knows why he didn't but in SCP I trust! Good luck Paul and wishing you a run of games.
  • Options
    Nice bloke and that....
    But he was just simply not good enough
    Im sure swindon will be a positive move for benno.
    But why don't we wait until its confirmed ?
  • Options
    Like almost everyone else, I feel sorry for the immensely likeable and hard working Benno. I hope he gets back to playing football and enjoying life at Swindon. He's certainly had a torrid time at Charlton, and that included a lot of abuse from a section of Charlton supporters.
  • Options
    Hard working, decent player, but not really good enough.  Hope it works out for him.
  • Options
    Going well for him at Swindon, scored again tonight - after scoring on Saturday as well.

Now has 6 goals in 11 starts which is a pretty decent effort.

Was never going to figure at Charlton this season but looks like he can be a reliable L2 goal scorer and, with the right service, could score goals at L1 level too.

Would not cut it at CCC level though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pleased he's doing well.
  • Options
    Going well for him at Swindon, scored again tonight - after scoring on Saturday as well.

Now has 6 goals in 11 starts which is a pretty decent effort.

Was never going to figure at Charlton this season but looks like he can be a reliable L2 goal scorer and, with the right service, could score goals at L1 level too.

Would not cut it at CCC level though.
    All being well he'll be back in L1 next season.

He deserved a fairer crack of the whip this season, but we need to be preparing for the CCC now and as yiu say he'd would be out of his depth, this way he's playing and scoring goals.

• Options
    Pleased he's doing well.
    So am I - good luck Benno
  • Options
    From what I have seen of Benno at Swindon he seems to be scoring a lot of his goals from crosses - something that we never really served him very well with.
  • Options
    reliable league one scorer in a plumetting team a year ago!
  • Options
    Yep. Always liked Benno. Not good enough for us now though. CP could see that.
  • Options
    I'd rather have the c*#t who nailed Christ to the cross and could play rather than a nice cuddly wuddly no-leg.
  • Options
    I'd rather have the c*#t who nailed Christ to the cross and could play rather than a nice cuddly wuddly no-leg.
    Strange comment..............
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Second that
  • Options
    Third that. Weird
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would rather Benson than Clarke.
  • Options

Oh hell yeah
  • Options
    I would prefer Darren Bent to both. It's time to move on. In CP we trust ?
  • Options
    Powell has made very few mistakes this season but swapping Benson for Clarke was one of them in my opinion.

He might well have nicked a goal in the Bury and Rochdale games.

Would still have been sold in the summer but then again so will Clarke.
  • Options
    You can hardly have sold Benson in the summer when he would be out of contract

I am delighted for the bloke but can we please do away with "he was treated unfairly this season". He was not.

I am really surprised by the number of people who seem to think you stick any old combination up front and it will work. You cannot and it will not. Despite his improvement toward the end of last season Benson is hardworking footballer but predominately a "box player" and very decent one at that.

In that role his position was always going to be under threat from the moment we signed Wright Phillips. At the start of this season he was unable to get in the side because a) Wright Phillips was playing very well b) he was injured for much of the early part of it.

In terms of his playing style and operating alongside Wright Phillips, firstly Hayes and then Kermorgant were always going to be the better options. So at best he was going to be an impact player off the bench. At the age of 32 that was neither what he wanted or needed.

The club tried to help him move on (clubs were hardly beating our door down to get him) and ultimately we took a chance on Clarke to enable him to move.

I wish Benson well.

• Options
    Cant understand this at all
  • Options
    i have nothing bad to say about benno

i wish him all the very best ...a good player at the right level ...and whats more he really seems to be enjoying at Swindon ..so good for Swindon (at a lower level)not good enough for us now SCP doing the right thing .I think he may have to confess to a blind spot when he got Clarke in return as i dont think he has anything to offer us ,but we can forgive SCP that
  • Options
    Is there a player out there whether they would be 25 or 32 who is happy to be an impact player off the bench.

The 3 games prior to Stevenage was crying out for a Benson rather than a Clarke type player.

Much like the right midfielder debate, its irrelevant really as neither are good enough for where we are heading
  • Options
    Bensons level is League 2 , we are in League 1.
  • Options
    Bensons level is League 2 , we are in League 1.
    I think he could do a half decent job in league 1, but I do agree that we don't really need him