Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thank you Paul Benson...

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Would rather Benson than Clarke.
    Cant understand this at all
    If I am honest I cannot see much difference between the two, I never really rated Benson although he bagged a few goals for us. Clarke looks aweful at the minute but a goal could change all that and he goes on to surprise us.

Clarke is not a Championship striker and as that looks to be where we will be plying our trade next year I can see a shake up coming in that department anyway
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Very unpleasant comment, not necessary at all.- the comment from redskin I am referring to.
  • Options
    I think his biggest problem was that we was already the wrong side of 30, and we were not going to give him much playing time with BWP, Yann and Hayes in front of him and with Euell on the bench offering more versatility in where he can play.

Clarke has failed to deliver yet, but he can clearly score (look at his Chesterfield stats) and he has played in the Championship.

I am very pleased that Benno is doing well at Swindon. I felt sorry for him when Bradford tried to mess us around at the last minute, but hopefully he will enjoy the later stages of his career, rather than being frozen out of first team action.
  • Options
    Would rather Benson than Clarke.
    Cant understand this at all
    If I am honest I cannot see much difference between the two, I never really rated Benson although he bagged a few goals for us. Clarke looks aweful at the minute but a goal could change all that and he goes on to surprise us.

Clarke is not a Championship striker and as that looks to be where we will be plying our trade next year I can see a shake up coming in that department anyway
    Agree with most of that, tho don't really feel that Clarke has yet had time to prove himself to the fans.

Was more a point about how we're digging out a current player who has played very little and 'wishing' for a player who, quite frankly, isnt going to add anything. Clarke is backup for Kermo, Benno would be backup for BWP and Haynes.

I do wish Benno all the best of luck and I hope he comes up with Swindon and tears up L1. Im more concerned with next seasons playoff push :)
  • Options
    yeah agree^

Glad hes doing well GL to him
  • Options
    Oh I am glad Benno is doing well, I look out for Swindon's results now with the Di Canio link up as well.
  • Options
    Benno wanted to leave so he could play first team football. It's not that we got rid of him so much as he made it clear he was off, and at his age you can't really blame him, nor can you blame Charlton for not playing him in the form we were (are) in. I think Powell did well to get a player out of the deal as we would have been a bit short-staffed otherwise. If we'd broken the bank to get in Clarke and given Swindon Kermorgant to sweeten the deal I'd be miffed but it's not the case. Hope Benno scores a ton
  • Options
    How many mins of football has clarke played for us so far

I like Paul as a person and hated the fact we signed him because he is a limited Centre Forward who will score in bursts and then goal ages without a goal,

he will score from crosses as he has a great knack of being in the right place at the right time, i stated that when we signed him that we will have to change our style to suit him

really pleased he is doing well and is back in love with football again
  • Options
    I think that Benno was a little hard done by here but wish him well gald that it is working out. Luke Rooney who we released as a youngter is also doing very well for Swindon following his six figure transfer from Gillingham.
  • Options
    will score in bursts and then go ages without a goal
    wouldn't want that ;-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    thought he was outstanding against reading in the league cup its a shame it didn't work out for him. good pro and will always score goals.