Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

L'Orient v Charlton - Match Thread

Comments

• Definitely hit Hamer's arm deffo sending off.
  • Well not looking good, but Powell might just give the team talk of his life. ...
  • Commentator is a cock. Irritating to say the least. Time to re-group now. I thought the offside was correct myself, waiting to see it again....Morrison needs to get tighter to Lisbie IMO.
  • Going back to the sending off, how can you be sent off when you still have a foot planted inside your box??
  • I thought that with Kermy dropping back in to the midfield wed have too much for them in the middle of the park,and we do the sort of job a 4-5-1 (but with 10 men!).Time for plan B Mr Powell!
  • Lesson in how to play again ten men.

I always hate it when managers say ''It's really difficult playing against ten men.'' 

It' isn't if you keep the ball and get your full backs up and play it wide to them.  Pulls the opposition all over the place.

And we are all over the place.
  • Maybe get Hughes on in front of the back four to give them a bit of cover.
  • I fear the worst but I did predict 3-1 to them with Lisbie, Mooney & Spribg scoring so i'm on the way..............

However, IF we can keep in the game & not conceed early in the 2nd we might just scrape something with a 1-1 draw.

• Hamer should not have let the referee the opportunity to send him off. Why the hell did he come out of the area with his arms up ?

The referee was really quick to make the decision. It may have hit his chest but why do that and let a referee grandstand on TV and the opportunity for a bit of glory on live TV ?

Not the brightest some footballers eh ? Hamer is definitely not the finished article as a keeper.

Disagree with the last paragraph. Peter Schmeichel did silly things like this and he was the world's best goal keeper.
  • Very strange decision to substitute Wagstaff. Surely Jackson should have come off?
  • Sponsored links:

• Going back to the sending off, how can you be sent off when you still have a foot planted inside your box??
    handled outside the box
  • Half time analysis on the sending off, is not conclusive. I don't see how the referee can be sure that he definitely handled it. If that's case it is a booking.
  • I'll say it again, Wagstaff shouldn't have been the one to get the hook
  • Jacko doesn't look fit
  • Although we need a goal playing 3 in midfield isn't working, would take off one of the front two for Pritchard. Need to get hold of the ball first and foremost
  • Wasn't Smith offside it was Lisbie......shrugs.
  • Although we need a goal playing 3 in midfield isn't working, would take off one of the front two for Pritchard. Need to get hold of the ball first and foremost
    Good call

• Very strange decision to substitute Wagstaff. Surely Jackson should have come off?

I would have taken BWP off and get the wide men to support kermot when we attack.

Don't understand how anyone can say that was a handball when the ball clearly landed under his arm and his hands were up.
  • Everytime I see Chris Powell it gives me hope.
  • Pritchard would be a good substitute later on. Jackson is going to struggle to make 90.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wasn't a penalty, Hollands got a clear and clean touch on the ball and was a brilliant tackle.
    He didn't handball it with his feet!
  • Half time analysis on the sending off, is not conclusive. I don't see how the referee can be sure that he definitely handled it. If that's case it is a booking.
    Surely its either a red or nothing ? If he didnt handle it is no card
  • Not confident about Sullivan. On what I've seen in that half he's not good enough as cover. That flap was worse than pub team.
    Surely its either a red or nothing ? If he didnt handle it is no card
    You have a point there.
  • sky just said it was close call  ball hit his chest and arm
  • Let's see if we are the real deal? Last years corresponding fixture saw us against the runaway leaders. Brighton had a man sent off but still pulled it back. Can we do the same?
  • Bring cort on and go 5 3 1 with full backs pushing on when we attack. Either kermi or BWP needs to go off
  • sky just said it was close call  ball hit his chest and arm

If it hits arm the it's handball.
  • who will be the goalie on the bench on Monday
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!