Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hamer On Twitter During Match

Comments

• Options

Its about time football clubs put a ban in Twitter. The bloke gets himself sent off and 15 minutes later he's seen live on Sky sitting in the dugoit with his fancy headphones round his neck posting on Twitter. It's unprofessional .

This.

and any comments he made about the ref could lead to problems for himself and the club. CAFC (all clubs) as employers should have the balls to ban tweeting during the hours of employment.

• Options
    Or we should just lighten up about it.
  • Options
    Or we should just lighten up about it.
    This

Too many silly reactions!
  • Options

Er excuse me it WAS NOT a sending off. Ball to chest and even if he did handball it, it should have been Yellow at tops. Ref was a complete COCK !!

I agree,it then appeared to me to hit his elbow and one foot was still on the line.
  • Options

had to laugh at the Mooney and Lisbie show, sure bad result for us, but at least we are well out of that standard

Happy Newyear folks

• Options
    still there:

BenHamer21 Ben Hamer 

Refs ad a panic up for me.. Feel bad for the lads doin 90 with the 10 men! Hope they pull through! #backtheboys #cafc
    That isnt it. I'm not going to drop him in it, but trust me, he will be in trouble if it has been seen.
    In agreement with Clem, as i also saw what he wrote. Silly boy Ben.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Mooney Especially, Some of the chances he missed were shocking!

had to laugh at the Mooney and Lisbie show, sure bad result for us, but at least we are well out of that standard

Happy Newyear folks

• Options
    lovely diagonal centre at one point that Lisbie? fluffed
  • Options
    Do headphones around the neck impair your vision and hearing?
    The legend that is norman wears headphones so it's ok for hamer to where them imo

Charlton fans being touchy , no way surely not
  • Options
    If this was the oppo keeper then we'd have been screaming for a red card
    It was a sending off - though a but harsh
    Move on .......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Move on .......

I can see why the referee gave it, but on replay the ball appeared to deflect off his chest on to his upper arm and therefore is not intentional handball. What he was doing chasing out of his goal like that is another matter.

It happens - and a poor referee denied Jackson a possible penalty when he looked to have been pulled back and the ref/lino combination denied Orient a goal.

• Options
    Move on .......

I can see why the referee gave it, but on replay the ball appeared to deflect off his chest on to his upper arm and therefore is not intentional handball. What he was doing chasing out of his goal like that is another matter.

It happens - and a poor referee denied Jackson a possible penalty when he looked to have been pulled back and the ref/lino combination denied Orient a goal.

Thats two weeks running Hamer has had a rush of blood to the head because he came flying out for Yeovil's first goal last week still he's young and hopefully will learn from it.
  • Options

Actually I thought he delayed attacking the ball against Yeovil, then when he went for it he got caught in no man's land. Had he anticipated the flick-on and reacted a bit faster then I think he would have comfortably claimed the ball.

But as you say he's young and improving - the problem with goalkeepers is that their mistakes tend to be a lot more noticeable and memorable than when other players screw up.

• Options
    edited January 2012

Quite simple to rectify this really.

CP should instruct all players and staff not to have phones, ipods & ipads etc pitchside during games.

Makes sense to me.

Would be a good little rule for him to implement and also put down a marker from him re standards and discipline.

I don't think the players would be put out by such a rule.

• Options
    still there:

BenHamer21 Ben Hamer 

Refs ad a panic up for me.. Feel bad for the lads doin 90 with the 10 men! Hope they pull through! #backtheboys #cafc
    That isnt it. I'm not going to drop him in it, but trust me, he will be in trouble if it has been seen.
    what was it just say
  • Options
    Hamer shouldn't have allowed the ref the opportunity to send him off. With the eyes of the world looking at him the ref took the harsh option. In a non televised game he may have gone with the yellow card.
    Twitter just gets players into trouble. We all lost respect for McOxo after his dumb tweet and everyone hates Barton.
  • Options
    Hamer shouldn't have allowed the ref the opportunity to send him off. With the eyes of the world looking at him the ref took the harsh option. In a non televised game he may have gone with the yellow card.
    Twitter just gets players into trouble. We all lost respect for McOxo after his dumb tweet and everyone hates Barton.
    He couldn't go with a yellow. He would have been in trouble with his bosses. Red was right.

I agree with Soundasa. Phones pitchside should be banned. As should personal stereo equipment. Hamer has gone down in my estimations.
  • Options
    The new mcoxo - gate
  • Options
    The new mcoxo - gate
    Let's hope not but wouldn't surprise me
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I like Hamer , i know a lot/few are not convinced about him , but we are not in the Premier League , and we do not have Peter Shilton / Peter Schmeical playing for us , he's a young lad and he's going to do daft things from time to time , as we all do , give the guy a break , get off his case , he dropped a clanger , whoopy doo , lets move on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This thread has gone off on a tangent.

For the record I have no problem with players using Twitter, the issue here is what he wrote. He's already got a one game ban, if the wrong person has seen the tweet he deleted his ban is going to be extended.
  • Options
    So why don't we all keep banging on about it so that he gets a bigger ban! SINK
  • Options
    edited January 2012

This.

For people not wanting to drop him in it there seems to be a bit of a meal being made of it.
  • Options
    It's almost like a 2 game ban being sent off 4 mins in!
  • Options
    SINK SINK SINK!
  • Options
    sink indeed!
  • Options
    Yes, sink. Let's stop bringing this back to the top ...... Oops!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Oh silly me nearly forgot that the FA always look at forums and increase the ban upon reading people’s posts..
  • Options
    'Many a true word spoken in jest' - lets hope not eh?
  • Options
    still there:

BenHamer21 Ben Hamer 

If it's that bad, as you and snidey clem allude to, why the fuck are you advertising it on a public forum!!!