Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hamer On Twitter During Match

Comments

• Options
    CAFCofficial Charlton Athletic FC 
    Charlton have appealed against the red card issued to goalkeeper Ben Hamer yesterday (MW) bit.ly/sLPAgE #cafc
  • Options
    If the ref sent Ben off for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity, then it's right to appeal, it's probably right to appeal deliberate handball.

As for Ben's naughty tweet, I agree with Ben, the ref was a ****house 
  • Options
    CAFCofficial Charlton Athletic FC 
    Charlton have appealed against the red card issued to goalkeeper Ben Hamer yesterday (MW) bit.ly/sLPAgE #cafc
    Clever. Means Hamer can play tomorrow and therefore the only game missed is away to Fulham in the cup, unless the ban is extended for a "frivolous appeal", of course.
  • Options
    I think the appeal is fair. Hamer wasn't last man and that's what the sending off was for.
  • Options
    It's not about the last man, it's whether Hamer denied a clear goalscoring opportunity.
  • Options
    get over it
  • Options
    It's not about the last man, it's whether Hamer denied a clear goalscoring opportunity.
    That is the correct interpretation.
  • Options
    yes it seems a tactical appeal as Sullivan had a good chance of playing against Fulham anyway. Hope the league don't make it longer - they don't like being outsmarted.
  • Options
    But if he's not the last man then it's not a clear goal scoring opportunity is it?
  • Options
    IT WAS NOT A CLEAR GOALSCORING OPPORTUNITY!

For gawd sake, how does the ref know it was going in? and what was in Mooney's mind?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clearly the ref's never seen David Mooney before. Shocking in front of goal
  • Options
    The decision has already cost us 3 points. In Chris Powell's words, we should just move on.
  • Options
    Hamer is a young keeper. I am sure he will learn from his mistakes. (The same goes for Sullivan)
  • Options
    Clear goal scoring opportunity and Dave Mooney do not go in the same sentance. Can't see anyway our appeal can be delicned to be honest.  As for hamer, bad mistake but not intentional.  Probably not wise to be on Twitter when sat pitch side but he is young and will hopefully learn. 
  • Options
    I was more worried about the quality of phone he had.............
  • Options
    Do headphones around the neck impair your vision and hearing?
    The legend that is norman wears headphones
    Does Norman still go? I wouldn't be surprised if black supporters have been put off of going to away games.
  • Options

norman still goes

• Options
    I'm sure it's been thought through, but I am a bit nervous about Hamer's appeal and the risk of it being extended to a second game. That second game would be a six pointer at Hillsborough and I don't fancy having Sullivan in goal for that one. A mate of mine is a Wednesdayite and he says that one of their biggest strengths is set plays - apart from Sanchez Watts ( the little forward on loan from Arsenal ), practically everyone in the team is a six footer.

I can't imagine the appeal succeeding and shall be relieved if Hamer just misses the Fulham game. That would be an excellent outcome and doubtless what the club is hoping to achieve.

• Options
    What is a wednesdayite.
  • Options
    This thread has gone off on a tangent.

For the record I have no problem with players using Twitter, the issue here is what he wrote. He's already got a one game ban, if the wrong person has seen the tweet he deleted his ban is going to be extended.

What did he write then Mr happy man?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blah, blah, blah.

Let's face it a simple rush of blood, looked border line to me.

The ref was an orient fan who owns a flat above the ground so of course he was going to send him off.

Can we move on and get back to the debate on whether he should have the dog and bone out during the game...
  • Options
    Pointless thread without knowing what you are bitching about.
  • Options
    Pointless thread without knowing what you are bitching about.
    Agreed. Go to bed!
  • Options
    He said "is that all we take away"
  • Options
    He said "is that all we take away"
    Lol oohaah. Thats more like it!
  • Options
    Is he on twitter when the ball is in our half?

He must be doing it today because we're losing 3-0!
  • Options
    Try 4-0
  • Options
    Twit! Terrible performance.
  • Options
    If I was a footballer, no way I'd be on Twitter! Look at the messages sent to Ben Hamer today on there. Not what he's retweeted/responded to - what's been directed @ him. Unbelievable.
  • Options
    Unfortunately we have some absolute c***s as "fans".