Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Freedom Of Information Act

Morning all,

Under the Freedom of Information Act, is it possible to get details of a closed case from the Met Police?

Comments

• Options
    Put in a request and see if they send you what you asked for. There are loads of reasons for them not to give information, including confidentiality, time taken to find it etc. More information is available on Information Commissioner's site: http://www.ico.gov.uk/
  • Options
    Unlikely. Would think it depends in whether you were the subject of the case.
  • Options
    Speaking of which, has anyone seen this?!
  • Options
    Saw it last week. It was 30 years ago. Move on. Parker has gone to Chelsea and Curbs is no longer manager.
  • Options
    R

Although not acted upon I think it right to recognise the callous and spiteful nature of her government at the time. Certainly wont be a day of mourning in some parts of the country when the old witch pops her clogs.
  • Options

Saw it last week. It was 30 years ago. Move on. Parker has gone to Chelsea and Curbs is no longer manager.
    The info only came out recently so it's topical. Not only will there be a lack of moaning in certain areas, there will be a lot of corks being popped.
  • Options
    I was appalled when I read that. Utterly disgusting suggestion.

It might have resulted in scousers relocating elsewhere instead of remaining confined within the limits of their ancient territory. :)

• Options

Thats the point, Howe proposed it, Thatcher dismissed it.....move on.

• Options
    Morning all,

Under the Freedom of Information Act, is it possible to get details of a closed case from the Met Police?

As far as I know yes, the only limits are where the information is of national interest. The police are one of the public bodies mentioned in the Act.

• Options
    Morning all, Under the Freedom of Information Act, is it possible to get details of a closed case from the Met Police?
    Nathan threw the bottle, end of, leave it :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A lot of people have some sort of mother issue when it comes to thatcher. Think of Francis in malcolm in the middle. Hates Lois' guts but can't stop talking about her, even though its been years and years since he's had to live with her.

Get over it guys.
  • Options
    Morning all,

It depends on the reason for the closure. If it is covered by laws which provide for anonymity (family law etc) then FOI does not circumvent this. One good trick is to phone the police press office and ask them the question and tell them you are going to do an FOI. FOIs have so many timescales and rules attached that it is often easier for organisations to deal with questions as press queries rather that risk the broader publication and hassle that comes with FOI.

• Options

A conversation happened. It was dismissed. I imagien lots of conversations happen in government where they suggest various options and then choose the best. Surely this is the best way to work?

If it had not been a) Liverpool and b) The new year which is always quiet for news, this would not have been a story.

• Options

A lot of people have some sort of mother issue when it comes to thatcher. Think of Francis in malcolm in the middle. Hates Lois' guts but can't stop talking about her, even though its been years and years since he's had to live with her.

Get over it guys.

I think a lot of people who were young and on the left then cling on to Thatcher hatred. As you grow older and (perhaps) wiser, the world no longer seems as black and whiite as it once did. You start to admit to yourself that maybe the unions did have too much power or that iunilateral disarmament was perhaps a bit naive. You are no longer so certain in your political positions, you stop supporting a party like it's a football team. But Maggie is preserved in 1983 aspic. She hasn't changed and so your view of her doesn't need to either, She can remain a safe hate figure and you can kid yourself that you haven't sold out, not really.
  • Options

Get over it guys.
    I think a lot of people who were young and on the left then cling on to Thatcher hatred. As you grow older and (perhaps) wiser, the world no longer seems as black and whiite as it once did. You start to admit to yourself that maybe the unions did have too much power or that iunilateral disarmament was perhaps a bit naive. You are no longer so certain in your political positions, you stop supporting a party like it's a football team. But Maggie is preserved in 1983 aspic. She hasn't changed and so your view of her doesn't need to either, She can remain a safe hate figure and you can kid yourself that you haven't sold out, not really.
    Geoff Prout as a history teacher will do that to you mate
  • Options

Old Geoff is still figting the good fight though, leader of the Laboutr group at Dartford Council...

• Options

Get over it guys.

I always wondered what a person who opposed unilateral disarmament was doing unilaterally leaving the Falkland Islands unprotected.

• Options
    I hated her then and I hate her and her type of politics now and yes I think I have mellowed with the years.
  • Options
    Shame we never had someone like Thatcher now...
  • Options
    Never had? She was Prime Minister for 11 years. ;-)

Not a fan of her, but she's had more balls than any male successor. It would be very interesting to see how she would handle today's problems.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What more do you want - we have a recession, high unemployment and inner city rioting.
  • Options
    Who'll be going to see the Iron Lady then?

• Options

Only at the wake.
  • Options
    Wonder what would have happened if she'd been successful with the main aim of the Football Spectators Act in 1989, forcing anyone who wanted to attend a match to have an i.d card & supporting the Luton no-away fans scheme....would probably have killed the game off for good. She didn't like football hooligans did Mrs. T
  • Options
    I think a lot of people from my generation will hate Blair and Brown for single handedly destroying our aspirations and selling our soul.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited January 2012

Me
  • Options
    I think a lot of people from my generation will hate Blair and Brown for single handedly destroying our aspirations and selling our soul.
    this
  • Options
    Never had? She was Prime Minister for 11 years. ;-)

Not a fan of her, but she's had more balls than any male successor. It would be very interesting to see how she would handle today's problems.
    Ha You know what I meant! True though, Think someone like her is needed now.
  • Options
    Wonder what would have happened if she'd been successful with the main aim of the Football Spectators Act in 1989, forcing anyone who wanted to attend a match to have an i.d card & supporting the Luton no-away fans scheme....would probably have killed the game off for good. She didn't like football hooligans did Mrs. T
    Downside but would rather be without the football now than see the country in such a mess as it is now!