Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Freedom Of Information Act

13»

Comments

• Options

"Since you want to compare Thatcher with Blair I don't recall any mass defections or opposition to her from with the Tory party over the poll tax. I can remember the day she resigned - well carted away in tears after her party had told her enough - in our office there was an outbreaking of cheering, when Blair went it was more muted "so he's off then" and that was it."

Just to pick up on this one point. IMO the difference was that Tatcher leaving was more of a shock - to the masses at least. With Blair there had been press covereage for quite a few years about the fact that him and Brown had a 'deal' to take over so people knew Blair would eventually move on. With Thatcher many thought her 'reign' would never end and there was certianly no open discussion about who would take over when she left.

• Options
    For those of you that are interested in the original reason for this thread and are growing bored of the who was the baddest bugger in town then I have found this.

The Met have an online form that you can fill in to request information under the Act

Met Police Freedom of Information Act online form
  • Options
    I cant be bothered to read through the drivel that took over this thread but if I recall correctly, there was a couple of people who were interested.
    I have today received the result of my request under the FOI Act.

They issued me with the full report as requested.

All via the link above
  • Options
    I cant be bothered to read through the drivel that took over this thread but if I recall correctly, there was a couple of people who were interested.

All via the link above
    I hope it was comprehensive enough to give you the specific information you wanted.
  • Options

All via the link above
    What information was you requesting
  • Options
    So tell us CWalsh what we are all dying to know. Who was Jack the Ripper?
  • Options
    Freedom of Information Request Reference No: ***********

I write in connection with your request for information which was received by the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) on 06/01/2012. I note you seek access to the following information:

· "On the morning of Wednesday 23rd November there was an incident where police were called at the office of a company called Grattes Brothers. Grattes Brothers, 2 Regents Wharf, All Saints Street London, N1 9RL At around 8am 70 Electricians, plumbers and supporters entered the above office to speak with management. The office staff were not very hospitable and this resulted in the police being called. The doors to the office were also chained shut at some point during the incident. After the incident it was stated by the Senior Officer on the scene and in press statements released by Grattes Brothers and the HVCA that there would be a full police investigation. Nothing more has ever been mentioned of this and I am trying to find out:
    1. Was there an investigation in to the above incident?
    2. If there was what was the outcome? "

EXTENT OF SEARCHES TO LOCATE INFORMATION

To locate the information relevant to your request searches were conducted with Islington Intergrated Borough Office (IBO) on the Computer Aided Despatch system (CAD) and on the Duty officers hand over report.

RESULT OF SEARCHES

The searches made on CAD had indicated that police had attended on the day, however, at this time no offences have been recorded as a result of this incident.

DECISION

I have today decided to disclose the located information to you in full.

Police officers had attended, however, at this time no offences have been recorded as a result of this incident.

COMPLAINT RIGHTS

Your attention is drawn to the attached sheet which details your right of complaint.

Should you have any further enquiries concerning this matter, please write or contact Nelufa Zaman on telephone number 0207 421 0338 quoting the reference number above.

Yours sincerely

Don Simpson
    Professional Standards

Basically, it was just to prove that the companies are lying b*******

• Options
    Blair called the FOI Act............. "the biggest mistake I made as PM"

This is a guy who took the country to war in Iraq over WMD and the "45 minutes" time-to-target stuff they were stockpiling.

• Options
    Well done CWalsh for persevering and getting the info you sought. Your questions were concise and clear - hence you got a specific reply. Unfortunately management often call in the police and leave them to deal with what are essentially industrial problems and then make no criminal complaint (because no crime has been committed.)
    Thanks for the update (but I am disappointed that we still don't know the identity of Jack the Ripper.)
  • Options
    Thanks for the update (but I am disappointed that we still don't know the identity of Jack the Ripper.)

Ask any "FreeMason........"