Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Wycombe.

124»

Comments

• Options
    They've got Danny Cadamateri

There's a blast from the past !
  • Options
    He's a class act, no doubt about it.

Still feel he will be with Hudders till the end of the season though.
  • Options
    The kids's head will turn. He will be off this month.
  • Options
    The kids's head will turn. He will be off this month.

Where's Scotty Parker when you need him to whisper in Jordan's ear ?
  • Options

If that is the case ( and I tend to agree with you ) then he is likely to hit the 40 + mark before the end of the season .
  • Options
    So if premier league regular Andy Carroll is worth 35 million spondooleys, what is Rhodes worth? I reckon Hudds will hold out till the end of the season for a bigger fee.
  • Options
    edited January 2012

Don't agree, his peak value in terms of fee and wages is NOW because very few strikers are available mid season.

If he waits till end of season then the bigger premiership clubs will have a chance to buy overseas players and he might not get as big a club.

At this stage I reckon Villa will sell Bent to Liverpool and then will bring in Rhodes as his replacement.

Can Rhodes take the risk of not moving while he is hot? He could do a cruciate tomorrow and never be the same player again.
  • Options
    edited January 2012

Can Rhodes take the risk of not moving while he is hot? He could do a cruciate tomorrow and never be the same player again.

parker didn't wanna take the risk and he was from a stronger starting position financially than rhodes , so realistically he'll have to go !
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    People are forgetting that he scored 5 against a dreadfull Wycombe side tonight and when he played against Charlton he never got a sniff. He will come up against much better defences than ours in the premier league ( and the championship) . If I was him I would make hay while the sun shines.
  • Options

Roy of the Rovers. Without Rhodes Huddersfields promotion chances would be massively hindered.

Suppose it is a case of taking the short term dough now for him or keeping him in the hope theyll benefit much more financially by getting promoted.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not convinced that Huddersfield are the team we need to be worried about. I think they will struggle to finish above the two Sheffield teams and MK Dons so I'm not too worried if he stays or leaves to be honest.
  • Options
    I'm not convinced that Huddersfield are the team we need to be worried about. I think they will struggle to finish above the two Sheffield teams and MK Dons so I'm not too worried if he stays or leaves to be honest.
    I agree. Unless Hudds buy big, they may as well cash in.
  • Options
    Rhodes has to be off in Jan
  • Options
    Roy Keane's none to popular with Ipswich fans!
  • Options
    People are forgetting that he scored 5 against a dreadfull Wycombe side tonight and when he played against Charlton he never got a sniff. He will come up against much better defences than ours in the premier league ( and the championship) . If I was him I would make hay while the sun shines.
    I have to disagree. We made sure Rhodes didn't get the ball by making sure that he didn't get the delivery. In the PL, there's players that have the ability to get the ball into the box past opposing defences and that's all Rhodes really needs. If he's given an opportunity, he will score. He put 4 past Wednesday and they're 2nd in the league!!!

Our full backs had a lot to play in the game vs Huddersfield. They couldn't get thee ball into the backs and they were only a threat at corners.
  • Options
    Huddersfield should definitely cash in, if they are offered fees between £3-7 million. Especially if clubs in higher leagues are silly enough to offer amounts nearer the higher number.

Personally I think anything over £2.5/3 million is too much for a 3rd division striker, however good he may look at this level. Mackail-Smith hasn't really hit the dizzy heights yet for Brighton, & he really looked the business last year.

However much Rhodes goes for though, hopefully it will be in this transfer window.
  • Options
    Huddersfield should definitely cash in, if they are offered fees between £3-7 million. Especially if clubs in higher leagues are silly enough to offer amounts nearer the higher number.

Personally I think anything over £2.5/3 million is too much for a 3rd division striker, however good he may look at this level. Mackail-Smith hasn't really hit the dizzy heights yet for Brighton, & he really looked the business last year.

However much Rhodes goes for though, hopefully it will be in this transfer window.
    Exactly who I was going to mention. Even stepping up to the Championship can be a leap for most, I'd be surprised if a premier team come in for him as it would be a huge gamble, for example Beckford hardly set the world alight. I would imagine it would be top 6 Champ teams putting in bids and I can't see anyone offering more than £3M. Given how highly Huddersfield value him I reckon he might be there until at least the end of this season
  • Options

He'll be gone.

As much as they say he's not for sale, Theres no way a league 1 team could turn down £5m.

• Options
    Although whats the odds of Pardew offering £15m !!
  • Options

Exactly who I was going to mention. Even stepping up to the Championship can be a leap for most, I'd be surprised if a premier team come in for him as it would be a huge gamble, for example Beckford hardly set the world alight. I would imagine it would be top 6 Champ teams putting in bids and I can't see anyone offering more than £3M. Given how highly Huddersfield value him I reckon he might be there until at least the end of this season
    Pretty sure West Ham have already offered 3.5m and been told no.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jermaine Beckford anyone?

Much as with the step up in class from L2 to Champs/L1 for Izale McLeod, it doesn't necessarily follow that Rhodes would set the Premier League alight - who was the last striker to score goals for fun at L1/L2 level & then repeat that form in the Premier League...the only two examples in the last decade were Michael Ricketts (Wallsall - > Bolton) & Marcus Stewart (Huddersfield -> Ipswich), both of those also had a season at Champs level before getting into the Premier League.

Recent history is stacked against him, it's going to be interesting....
  • Options
    I remember one stepping up from League 2, but only for half a season. Had to look it up, was Blackburn who Jon Stead from Huddersfield in the 03/04 January window.

Wiki says he scored 6 in 13 and it kept them up. He never scored many again in the Prem, but with the money clubs get in the Prem it would have easily pay back the fee for him.

They could probably do with signing Huddersfield's star striker this January.
  • Options
    I remember one stepping up from League 2, but only for half a season. Had to look it up, was Blackburn who Jon Stead from Huddersfield in the 03/04 January window.

Wiki says he scored 6 in 13 and it kept them up. He never scored many again in the Prem, but with the money clubs get in the Prem it would have easily pay back the fee for him.

They could probably do with signing Huddersfield's star striker this January.

The thing is that Rhodes is not just scoring regularly like BWP, the bloke is banging them in all over the place AND in the big games too.

In all honesty, having watched him over the last two seasons the bloke looks like he most complete lower league goal scorer since Steve Bull back in the late 80's.

Rhodes has pace and can get in behind and is also brilliant at getting on the end of crosses, he is definitely not a one dimensional player.
  • Options
    They wont sell until the summer, the chairman has said it, the manager has said it.......forget it, let the lad have a glory season.
  • Options

If I'm allowed to put mu say in, when Huddersfield played at the Valley you did do a decent job on their forwards although it has to be said they were very poor IMHO, they seem to blow hot and cold as a team and on many occasions they have been bailed out by JR, however, it has to be said this player is the best striker that I have seen in L1 and the Championship in a long long time, the kid has everything and it's no wonder scouts from Spurs,Norwich,ManU,Newcastle,Sunderland and Liverpool apparently was looking at him last night, he will play at the top level and make no mistake he will succeed.

Barnsley and Ipswich must be gutted.

• Options
    Whenever we have done well in a big game, it is always because our opponents have played poorly, never because we didn't allow them to play.
  • Options
    Dont worry Al we will turn them over next week.
  • Options
    Dont worry Al we will turn them over next week.
    And when we do it will be because Wednesday were very poor - IMHO.