Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I Only Went out For A Lightbulb....

2»

Comments

• Options

Did you get the Lightbulbs
    Did you get the lightbulb ???

He answered "yes" higher up the thread near where uou asked before
  • Options
    In travel insurance we cannot give details out, it may be different for car insurance.

Phone hacking happens to insurance phone lines more than you would care to think.

With respect to dealing with a family members issues, imagine you were having an affair for instance and a letter goes to your home for a cancelled trip with your bit on the side, your wife is in and opens said letter to see Dear Mr Lenglover blah blah please confirm who Miss Rachel Riley named on the booking invoice is in relation to you? Blah blah yours sincerely ins company

Your wife calls insurance company and says my names Mrs Lenglover I want to ask why you've asked my husband this?

They explain trip booked when your meant to be on a fishing trip, but she has caught you, hook line and sinker!

DPA protecting you however much you don't deserve it.

• Options
    Surely the 'moral' of the story is to drive properly in the first place?
    It's called an accident for a reason - It was not deliberate. Accidents happen. I drive around 25k-30k miles a year - law of averages states I am going to get involved in an accident every so often. Nothing to do with driving "properly"

Fair enough - I'm not suggesting it was deliberate - but how can you moan when you get done for it afterwards? If anyone hammered into the back of my motor you can bet your arse I'd be claiming before they could blink. And I've been driving for twenty years - never had an 'accident' that was 'my' fault (not even come close to it) - must have driven close to half a million miles in that time. I don't even consider myself a great driver (no better than average)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Panorama did something on this........
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b012s1xj
    Called the Great Car Insurance Swindle......
    You can still view it on this site.......

The referral system, by Insurance companies, the police, breakdown recovery, hire companies, and garages too name a few of the 'parties' involved.
    Car claims have gone down, but Insurance premiums have rocketted.
    The bottom line is that all motorists are paying a heavy price for the practices of a broken system and corrupt malpractice, by the people who should be 'stewarding the system'.
    When your kids try and get cover for there first car, you will probably pay more than your parents paid for there house.
    I fully appreciate that young drivers have a poor record when first driving, I made mistakes, I was lucky, the roads were not the same in the early 70s, and people were just concerned with getting there car repaired, and back on the road. The first time I heard of this 'culture' was when my brother slid on black ice in drive in an automatic and went into a neighbours car...... His Insurance company blamed the poor guy for parking his car there in the first place?, and threatened a counter claim, for dangerous driving?. That went down well with a fellow neighbour?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    It's called an accident for a reason - It was not deliberate. Accidents happen. I drive around 25k-30k miles a year - law of averages states I am going to get involved in an accident every so often. Nothing to do with driving "properly"

Fair enough - I'm not suggesting it was deliberate - but how can you moan when you get done for it afterwards? If anyone hammered into the back of my motor you can bet your arse I'd be claiming before they could blink. And I've been driving for twenty years - never had an 'accident' that was 'my' fault (not even come close to it) - must have driven close to half a million miles in that time. I don't even consider myself a great driver (no better than average)
    My moan is at a woman with a scratched bumper claiming whiplash

My other moan is a man who is "paralysed" then having a "suspected heart attack" making a Lazarus style recovery from 11:30 going to hospital then being seen, diagnosed, released and then getting back to his solicitor in Ilford ready for a letter to appear on my doorstep less than 48 hours after the accident

As for your driving - you must be superhuman, or just very lucky. Or driving so slowly you cause the accidents with people trying to avoid hitting you! :-)
  • Options

Don't tempt fate...

Every driver has an accident at some point.

• Options

Don't tempt fate...

Every driver has an accident at some point.

yeah, just look at senna.
  • Options
    The workshop /car repair people who will charge a monumental fee if the insurance is paying but completely diferent if you are paying
    Thieving gits
  • Options
    The workshop /car repair people who will charge a monumental fee if the insurance is paying but completely diferent if you are paying
    Thieving gits
    You couldn't be more wrong. Thr few independant repairers left out there are given very strict instructions from insurance companies and told how long a job should take and therefore how much they will be paid. The preferred option for the insurers is to have their own bodyshops and this is why the indenpendants are going out of business. If you possibly can, I would avoid using the insurers approved repairer and insist on using someone you know will do a good job. The guy I referred Ken to is excellent, but struggling becase the insurance companies are taking business away from him.