Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Warnock sacked by QPR

Comments

• Options
    I'm with IA in that I like Warnock because he is not a plastic Prem Manager . The only times I didn't like him was when he was at Sheffield United battling against us for relegation and Palace.

What does this mean for Ephraim ?

I agree this could be a job for Curbs
  • Options
    Oh dear. And to think Neil goes around telling the world his good friend Off-his-face is such a nice guy! lol

If you have a mo, do tell us what it was that he did to you ''personally'' that you now see fit publicly to abuse and denigrate the man....
  • Options
    <<Off-his-tits reckoned:

Personally I can't stand him, if that's alright with you.>>

And your opinion might be less tedious if you didnt bring politics into a managerial sacking thread.
  • Options
    He doesn't need to, its his opinion.

You've met him and liked him, someone else has met him and doesn't. Neither need justification, so please leave it at that rather than yet another bout of petty squabling that is boring the pants of me.
  • Options
    Oh dear. And to think Neil goes around telling the world his good friend Off-his-face is such a nice guy! lol

If you have a mo, do tell us what it was that he did to you ''personally'' that you now see fit publicly to abuse and denigrate the man....
    What the fcuk has it got to do with you? You love the bloke and want his children, I don't. Can't you just leave it at that?

• Options
    <<Off-his-tits reckoned:

Personally I can't stand him, if that's alright with you.>>

And your opinion might be less tedious if you didnt bring politics into a managerial sacking thread.
    Me Floyd?
  • Options

did you mention David Cameron?
  • Options
    Nope, but as the quoting thing seems to be all up the pictures at the moment it's making it quite difficult to see who's quoting who sometimes!
  • Options
    Mark Hughes being hotly tipped
  • Options
    I'm with IA in that I like Warnock because he is not a plastic Prem Manager . The only times I didn't like him was when he was at Sheffield United battling against us for relegation and Palace.

What does this mean for Ephraim ?

I agree this could be a job for Curbs
    If Curbs does not get a look in here, the word is Mark Hughes is being lined up to takeover Then I am afraid that Curbs is unlikely to get a job in the premier league ,how long ago was it that he was being tipped as a future England Manager

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nope, but as the quoting thing seems to be all up the pictures at the moment it's making it quite difficult to see who's quoting who sometimes!
    Who said that??
  • Options
    Didn't he have just four days at the start of the season to sign players ?
  • Options
    Who said that??
    Wasn't me!

• Options
    edited January 2012
    He doesn't need to, its his opinion.

You've met him and liked him, someone else has met him and doesn't. Neither need justification, so please leave it at that rather than yet another bout of petty squabling that is boring the pants of me.
    More a question of the ugliness of people gloating at the misfortune of fellow human beings, which is one of the less edifying aspects of the otherwise splendidly democratic impulse of the internet.

• Options
    Off_it - have you got more aggressive since you turned 40? Old age is supposed to mellow a man.
  • Options
    His PR is awful, he's pissed off all the referees this season as well as opposition managers and players, his own chairman, the FA and probably god almighty. He's a good lower division manager with a record that is second to few if any, but lacks the personnel management and slick presentation demanded in the PREMIER ..... I have a soft spot for him, like to see him and David Dickinson joint hosts of a football memorabelia and antiques show ,, two crafty old bullshitting northern scallywags together. I wonder how close he came to having Wally Downes stick a televised one on him a while back ?. ..... That's Warnock, a right wind up merchant who often goes too far.
  • Options
    Ugly? So you've met me then?
  • Options
    Off_it - have you got more aggressive since you turned 40? Old age is supposed to mellow a man.
    Not since I turned 40. But probably a bit since I started my new medication.
    ;o)

• Options
    Personally I think Warnock has looked ill of late. He's looked very pale & seems to have been plucking his eyebrows, or if not they've fallen out.
    Did anyone else think he's looked weird/ill lately ?
  • Options
    Personally I think Warnock has looked ill of late. He's looked very pale & seems to have been plucking his eyebrows, or if not they've fallen out.
    Did anyone else think he's looked weird/ill lately ?
    My missus asked me the other day if he had been plucking his eyebrows - like I would know what he's be doing in his bathroom! I agree with you he has not been looking too well and I suppose it's indicative of the pressures of top level management. Shame really as he's a bit different from the usual bland manager and no doubt his job will either go to one of the usual carousel suspects (Bruce, Hughes et al) or to a foreigner and not a younger, English manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mark Hughes being hotly tipped
    Has he really resorted to cab driving ? Poor bloke .
  • Options
    If he hadn't blighted the copy book of managing those stripey divs then I would've loved him to have a go with us,

From people I know that have held an opinion of him being a Twater, but have gone on to meet him at functions and at the cricket , they have changed those opinions and turned round and said he is a fine person a gentlemen in every sense of the word,

Football does strange things to folks as we see on here every day , I refuse to believe that some of you on here are as angry in real life or as conceited and arrogant
  • Options
    Strange decision unless they have already tapped someone up, most likely Mark Hughes.

I am a big fan of Warnock, sometimes his behaviour is OTT but he is definitely an 'outsider' in the game and doesn't do the brown nosing the establishment managers trot out continuosly.

One thing is for sure, he won't be out of work long and I reckon he could walk into a job at a couple of Premiership clubs and most clubs in the CCC would love to have him, bar possibly Saints and Wet Spam.
  • Options
    I've not met him so my opinion probably doesn't count, but I find him entertaining - you are never sure what he'll say next, unlike a lot of the other top managers.
  • Options
    Reading his statement after being sacked it doesn't sound like he's too despondent - possibly the most upbeat and complimentary to the club that have just sacked him I've ever read. Maybe he's got a great payoff on the condition of speaking positively about the owners, or maybe it's more mutual than it initially appears (due to health or who knows what). Either way, I don't feel too sorry for the millionaire losing his job with no doubt a decent package. I'll reserve my sympathy for those that need it! (and yes his stripey past definitely influences that view!)
  • Options
    If Kenny Jackett does get the bullet at Millwall I would hate for Warnock to pitch up there.
  • Options
    SCP will be in the frame..........
  • Options
    If Kenny Jackett does get the bullet at Millwall I would hate for Warnock to pitch up there.
    Christ, that would be a bloody nightmare.

You just KNOW that he'd get those bastards into the Premiership first time of asking.
  • Options
    I've always liked him. He does talk some garbage, especially when he is angry and trying (badly) not to show it but I think he must be a great motivator as he has a kanck of getting mediocre players to perform better and have a winning and team mentality. It would seem that he gets found out at the highest level but a mid range Championship club could do a lot worse.
  • Options
    Warnock's enemies always trot out the line about him being a failure in the Premiership but that really is a little unfair.

Sheffield United were only relegated by the thinnest of margins back in 06/07 - and had West Ham been docked points as they should have been then they would have stayed up. Don't forget that they had a tiny budget that season and were trying to compete with basically their promotion squad.

This season, I would have backed QPR to stay up once new faces had been brought on board in the window, they seem to be a better side than Blackburn, Bolton and Wigan to name just a couple.