Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Warnock sacked by QPR

Comments

• Options
    Characterisitcally generous comments from the man:

"Obviously I'm very disappointed, but having achieved so much, I leave the club with a great sense of pride. The board at QPR are hugely ambitious and I wish them every success for the future. I have enjoyed my time here more than anywhere else and the QPR fans have been brilliant with me - they deserve success.''

He leaves Loftus Road with his head held high and will not be short of job offers. Any number of teams looking to get out of the championship will surely be knocking at his door.

Good luck to him.
  • Options
    Does anyone really think that SCP will go to QPR? About as likely as Rooney signing for us on £250 per week.
  • Options
    Says some strange things in my opinion, last week he claimed the Norwich guy went down like a sack of spuds yet he didn't go down at all. Dont not like him but not particularly a fan either. Can feel a bit hard done by.
  • Options
    Total suprise,ok not going there way but just think back ,not to distant from how we were when Curbs left, the board panicked and we went into melt down,only difference is they can spend,but even that doesn't gaurantee a future.
  • Options
    I like him...hope he stays in football, we need characters in the game, especially those that deliver the goods, unlike the other merry go round managers that achieve little other than to improve their inflated bank balances.
  • Options
    Curbs would be right for this... For the love of god will someone please employ him!!!! he is the 5th longest serving prem manager...
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited January 2012
    I've never met the bloke but when he was at Palace he was living in a house about 10 doors down from my sister and brother-in-law. They struck up quite a relationship with him through their daughters who were in the same class at school and it sounds like he was a really nice down to earth bloke. He did say that when Curbs left us he really wanted the job and, at the time, it was considered a plum job to get. My sister's family have 5 Charlton season tickets and it didn't sit too well as he kept inviting their daughter to watch Palace with his daughter as he thought she was a lucky omen. Of course she always went as she felt the dogz bollex arriving with him and all that but I'm pleased to say she has kept the faith. :-)
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited January 2012
  • Options
    If Kenny Jackett does get the bullet at Millwall I would hate for Warnock to pitch up there.
    Christ, that would be a bloody nightmare.

You just KNOW that he'd get those bastards into the Premiership first time of asking.
    Lots of Millwall now "calling" (people on Twitter & messageboards!) for Jackett to go & get Warnock in.

Can't see that happening & a shame to see people losing faith in Jackett.
  • Options
    If Kenny Jackett does get the bullet at Millwall I would hate for Warnock to pitch up there.

You just KNOW that he'd get those bastards into the Premiership first time of asking.
    Lots of Millwall now "calling" (people on Twitter & messageboards!) for Jackett to go & get Warnock in.

I agree that its very, very harsh on Jackett but, by Christ, Warnock would be a perfect fit for Millwall.

He is brilliant at creating that siege mentality, the 'us against the world' stuff that the Millwall fans (including my old man) love to believe in.

The only thing is that it looks like Millwall are skint and I doubt that Warnock really fancies taking on that sort of job at his age, he will probably end up at a wealthier club, maybe an Ipswich or even Forest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Personally I think Warnock has looked ill of late. He's looked very pale & seems to have been plucking his eyebrows, or if not they've fallen out.
    Did anyone else think he's looked weird/ill lately ?
    I thought his boat looked a little bloated - botox?

I agree with AFKA - a good Championship manager and at our level would be a very good manager, but his style of management I suspect isn't going to go down with the prima donna type of player that you find in the premiership, he's a bit too old school for that.

• Options

I agree that its very, very harsh on Jackett but, by Christ, Warnock would be a perfect fit for Millwall.

He is brilliant at creating that siege mentality, the 'us against the world' stuff that the Millwall fans (including my old man) love to believe in.

The only thing is that it looks like Millwall are skint and I doubt that Warnock really fancies taking on that sort of job at his age, he will probably end up at a wealthier club, maybe an Ipswich or even Forest.
    Think he would do a cracking job with us but can't see him being interested. Without the financial backing to compete he can't take us much further than we are really and I'm not sure our chairman is ready to put much more money in at the moment.

Thing is with Jackett, it's seriously stagnated, pattern of play has gone, don't want to lose faith but the football is appalling.
  • Options
    I'm with IA in that I like Warnock because he is not a plastic Prem Manager . The only times I didn't like him was when he was at Sheffield United battling against us for relegation and Palace.

What does this mean for Ephraim ?

I agree this could be a job for Curbs
    If Curbs does not get a look in here, the word is Mark Hughes is being lined up to takeover Then I am afraid that Curbs is unlikely to get a job in the premier league ,how long ago was it that he was being tipped as a future England Manager

I really think it's only Charlton fans who rate/remember Curbs as a manager anymore. His last job was about half a decade ago so I doubt that he's high up the shortlist when Premier League clubs are looking for a new manager. It'll probably go to Bruce/Hughes/Keane or something. There's some managers doing great things in the lower leagues yet clubs in the top flights generally prefer to recycle the same failed managers time after time. What was the definition of insanity again ?
  • Options
    Always failed in the Premier League, and was failing again
  • Options
    Don't really understand the dislike of Warnock. Astute manager who knows the game. Can fire off a bit, but it's nice to have some characters in the game. If SCP were to go he would do a bloody good job for us. Personally couldn't care less about his Palace links. Suspect given time he would have kept Quarter Pound of Rubbish up. Now, not so sure
  • Options
    <">I like the guy, but am convinced that his style Simply does not work with top level players who he is not able to control.

thats my feeling i dont think hes a manger whos cut out for the premiership you cant knock his record though id like to as he seems to be one persona when hes interviewed and an orrible bit of work on the touch line ....
  • Options
    Funny thing Neil Warnock a few years ago was somebody I couldn't abide but as time has rolled by and he has definitely mellowed I have kind of warmed to him a bit. Fact is he probably don't need to work but by and large I think he's done a decent job at QPR who frankly are another club who's self image doesn't fit the reality.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I always thought he planned to retire after managing the club he supports, Sheffield United.

Then he turned up at Palace to help out his old mate Simon and then rolled on to QPR.

If I was a betting man (which I'm not often these days) I'd say he only went to QPR because the pay was too good to refuse and doubtless has walked away with a very nice compensation package and no need to ever work again except by choice.

Good luck to him.
  • Options
    I'd recommend his autobiography 'Made in Sheffield: Neil Warnock – My Story'. He gave me a signed copy and it's a very good read.

Yes, his criticisms of refs are OTT - but then he is a qualified ref himself, so he knows what he's talking about.

He has always been an outsider. He never played for a big club and you have to admire someone whose playing career never rose above Chesterfield/ Rotherham /Hartlepool /Scunthorpe /Aldershot /Barnsley/York/ Crewe and who ends up managing prem clubs.

The prem 'big boys' have never felt he belongs at their table, and he knows that - which is way he doesn't care what he says and how many of them he pisses off.

It is those attributes that make him such an endearing and attractive character - and it's warming that most Lifers seem to appreciate that we need more of his unconventional ilk.
  • Options
    When I had dinner with Curbs* !!! He said that Warnock was the only manager he did not like.

*Sponsors evening my place courtesy of Wyn Grant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Think he would do a cracking job with us but can't see him being interested. Without the financial backing to compete he can't take us much further than we are really and I'm not sure our chairman is ready to put much more money in at the moment.

Thing is with Jackett, it's seriously stagnated, pattern of play has gone, don't want to lose faith but the football is appalling.</

I hate to worry you Sparrows but that last sentence will have a very familiar ring to it for us Addicks. It started under Dowie, continued under Pardew and Reid and reached its zenith under Parkinson. It's a downward spiral that's very hard to get out of once started. I like Jackett but if it's reached the stage you speak of its difficult to see him sparking a revival. Better hope you scrape enough points to stay up and regroup for next season.

• Options
    If Hughes gets this it shows walking out on Fulham was a pretty rubbish move.
  • Options
    When I had dinner with Curbs* !!! He said that Warnock was the only manager he did not like.

are you sure that Curbishley wants his private opinions about another manager aired in public ?

*Sponsors evening my place courtesy of Wyn Grant
  • Options
    Poor Colin......He does make me laugh with his post-match interviews and is happy to slag off a ref when he's had a bad game, and does so with a smile on his face.
  • Options
    If Hughes gets this it shows walking out on Fulham was a pretty rubbish move.
    His agent is Kia Joorchabian. Bigger signing on bonus for both of them from him getting a new job as opposed to a renewal. And just look at the case of a certain Mr Tevez to see how Kia conducts business

• Options
    edited January 2012
  • Options
    You can understand managers not liking refs - their mistakes get them the sack.
  • Options

Thing is with Jackett, it's seriously stagnated, pattern of play has gone, don't want to lose faith but the football is appalling.
    I hate to worry you Sparrows but that last sentence will have a very familiar ring to it for us Addicks. It started under Dowie, continued under Pardew and Reid and reached its zenith under Parkinson. It's a downward spiral that's very hard to get out of once started. I like Jackett but if it's reached the stage you speak of its difficult to see him sparking a revival. Better hope you scrape enough points to stay up and regroup for next season.
    I've seen the same cycle too many times at Millwall! It's just starting to look a little lost, not quite sure what direction we're going. Think it comes down to money. We rely on loan signings. Great if they work out, but too much chopping & changing. Financially we just can't compete to sign the quality I don't think.

• Options
    I like the bloke I think he is a breath of fresh air to the Plastic Prem.

My bro met him a couple of years ago and addressed him has 'Colin' Colin was very courteous and went with it and by all accounts was sound.
  • Options
    Hughes is done. SSN