Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Urgent Help needed re a parking ticket.

13»

Comments

• Options
    @strasbourger - is your car the black Vauxhall? If so, looks suspiciously like you've stopped on the "School - Keep Clear" markings.
  • Options
    F-Blocker said:

@strasbourger - is your car the black Vauxhall? If so, looks suspiciously like you've stopped on the "School - Keep Clear" markings.

Nope the Renault in the forefront of the picture
  • Options
    To me, and possibly to them, it doesnt look like you've pulled over to allow cars through. Otherwise you would have pulled over further back before passing the parked cars on your left. If you then stopped and let your daughter out I would say it looks like you checked behind to see nothing coming, then thought I can stop here if you jump out quickly.

I dont agree with these ridiculous parking fines, but looking at this photo your argument is effectively whether you intended to stop, or whether you were forced to stop and your daughter got out only because you were forced to stop there.

I'd say you havent got a strong argument.
  • Options
    You mean the one in the middle of the road? You could still be driving along as far as that picture goes! The contravention relates to the "School - Keep Clear" markings - you're not stopped on them. Challenge it - that contravention code is not applicable to the position of your vehicle.
  • Options
    Just challenge it you've got nothing to lose as said above your on the other side of the road from the markings so you haven't stopped on them and cars can still pass you
  • Options

To me, and possibly to them, it doesnt look like you've pulled over to allow cars through. Otherwise you would have pulled over further back before passing the parked cars on your left. If you then stopped and let your daughter out I would say it looks like you checked behind to see nothing coming, then thought I can stop here if you jump out quickly.

I dont agree with these ridiculous parking fines, but looking at this photo your argument is effectively whether you intended to stop, or whether you were forced to stop and your daughter got out only because you were forced to stop there.

I'd say you havent got a strong argument.

The road was blocked just beyond where the photo cuts off by a bus and you are unable to see the problem before moving around the parked cars. The person taking the photos could have clearly seen this but decided to take them anyway. It seems that on this date 50+ tickets have been issued.

Second to this is that fact that our daughters school entrance is some 100 meters up the road where the problem is.
  • Options
    Check the GPS co-ordinates on the pic - they seem to think you're in Wiltshire....some way out of Bexley's jurisdiction!
  • Options
    Strasburger, this is from a CCTV image, right? Are there any other CCTV cameras that are further down the road that would have showed the blockage that caused you to have to stop? You can try appealing the ticket and ask them to look at the footage from that camera to confirm your story, but you'll need to do it quickly, cos they'll probably reuse the tapes.

I wouldn't hold your breath on this one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2013
    From the position (especially the height) I'd guess it was one of their little camera spy cars. I'd seriously question that GPS data (as it invalidates the "evidence" of the picture).
  • Options
    It was from a mobile CCTV unit. They film and take stills with it so they tell me. I can ask to review the footage they also tell me.
    I have asked what system they use for the co-ordinates but they have not answered! Surprise surprise. My system seems to tell me its in the North Sea just off the North coast of Kent.
  • Options

F-Blocker said:

Nope the Renault in the forefront of the picture
    A few years ago a parking warden tried to do me for loading from a residents only bay. I asked him where I was supposed to load from and he advised me to stop in the middle of the road. That way he couldn't put a ticket on me because I wasn't in a restricted area. The police, though, could probably have done me for obstruction - the council could not.

With regard to yours, I'm pretty sure you have to be parked on the lines, and as you're not even on the same side of the road as the restriction I'd be amazed if it stood up. The other thing to check was whether there are signs indicating enforcement times and reasons. The signs will almost certainly say 'on the markings', which would you be your ultimate get out clause, but more importantly if they're not there or sited incorrectly it's unenforceable. See p132 of this document: Traffic Signs Manual for details of the requirements.

The GPS issue might be a technical get-out but I wouldn't rely on it.
  • Options

Just wanted to update you all. Went to the Parking and Traffic jAppeals Service. Had the hearing this weekend and we won. Very good result for us and I now get to invoice LB Bexley for my time and experiences.
    How much do you charge them for the experience?

Only joking, good to hear.

lol stupid auto-correct on the phone. Should use the PC but people get upset with me in the office.

I am going to invoice for parking £6
    Mileage at £1.42 per mile
    Time 21 hours at £38 per hour.

Strasburger did you have any joy with getting expenses
  • Options
    Still on going, waiting to go to the high court over it. They are not moving on paying and the county court was not able to pass judgment the bill is now well over £10,000 with all my costs (my time) If I do get it into the high court Bexley are very likely to try and come to a settlement. One very big spanner in the works however is that they have since merged with Bromley Parking so the unit that I am trying to claim from no longer exists (in fact they say it is now shared but Bromley do all the work) and that is why the county court was not able to make judgment.