Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

burgled last night..

1235»

Comments

• Options
    I got burgaled when I lived with me mum in Charlton Park Lane about 16 years ago.

I was about 19 at the time and came home stoned as I usually did in them days, heard drawers opening which I thought was me mum in the kitchen as she always got up through the night and made tea. Normally Id pop me head around the bannisters and say @ill have one' couldnt be arsed this night, woke up in the morning with me mum questioning me if Id seen her handbag.
    They stole her handbag with about a fiver in and her glasses which she was most upset about about, oh and they nicked a 12" carving knife from the drawer.

They had literally opened the front door with a credit card as only the yale lock was used, copper showed me how they done it the following day.................Chubb lock was always on after that.

Anyone see coppers with that crying little *&%$ of a burglar on Monday night. Smug twat, they know they wont get nicked.
    Thank god you didn't go in to the kitchen.
  • Options
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/philipjohnston/6822702/Was-Munir-Hussain-supposed-to-let-the-intruders-escape.html

Is the law on our side if you manage to catch the culprits?
    Clearly not. The most interesting thing is the other two got away, what a surprise!

• Options
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/philipjohnston/6822702/Was-Munir-Hussain-supposed-to-let-the-intruders-escape.html

Is the law on our side if you manage to catch the culprits?
    Blimey: Reading that is depressing.

• Options
    You are entitled to detain and restrain but not to beat the intruder senseless with a cricket (or indeed any other) bat. If the law permitted that, then we would be a short step away from vigilantes. Mind you I do feel a great deal of sympathy with the Hussain's and none for the 'victim'.
  • Options
    Don't care what the law says, someone enters my house while me and my family are there, then they will get the full force of what's waiting for them
  • Options
    Has anybody had a go at the Police website where you can see the reported crime statistics for your postcode?
  • Options
    Don't care what the law says, someone enters my house while me and my family are there, then they will get the full force of what's waiting for them
    Yep - and if that is called being a "vigilante", then so be it
  • Options
    Too right. If they don't leave your house you could probably get away with it if you framed them and claimed you were using self defence. I think a preemptive attack can be classed as self defence as well.

That story about the farmer is horrible, good to see he had his sentenced reduced.
  • Options
    Yep - and if that is called being a "vigilante", then so be it
    I'd pay to see the look on a little scrots face if he was confronted by you with a baseball bat!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Even if you went to court plead not guilty and I could not see and right minded person sitting on any jury that would find you guilty
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    About a year ago heard a noise about 3.30am on my front door --thought it was lad coming back from the night club as this is a weekly occurance -- suddenly sat bolt up right when i realised i had let him in just before midnight.

i jumped up hit put the landing light on and at the same time the alarm on front door started blaring out where the burglars had broke the contact - the alarm going mad --me running down stairs with a baseball bat and the burglers -baffled why the front door was not open fully was like a monty python scene -- the alarm going off frightened them and they scarpered.

Police came and they knew there was a gang in the area looking to break in and nick cars --ie hunt they keys usually on the victoims table by the door and gone before you know it -and a big guy to fend off anyone like me.

I live on a busy road --they moved my security light so would not come on --- and started to crow bar the door where they thought the lock was --luckily they missed by a good 10 inches as the safety bolt was a drop one -- if they would have got in they would have had my car
  • Options

On top of this neighbours across the street noticed 3 men get out of a car acting suspicious and did nothing .....not even put a light on which can make them think twice or better still a quick call to the police -- i cannot believe they closed their curtains -its not me why bother

I have been burgled and had 3 attempts over the past 25 years and think it may well happen to us all -- the sentence does fit the crime or the fear they put into people -- i hope the F**ker that robbed me years back --suffers a long and agonising .................. you can fill in the
  • Options
    Did your neighbours tell you then that they did that?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Did your neighbours tell you then that they did that?
    no they never - they told the police - they were not sure and really did not want to waste there time .....
  • Options
    Burglary in Barnehurst the other day on an elderly couples home and they were tied up by the intruder whilst he burgled their house. The man later died of a heart attack. Scum.
  • Options
    Two burglaries in my road this evening - near Bexleyheath Station. So keep them peeled ......
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Can of lynx , a lighter , and a telescopic cosh all I need in the draw next to my bed , I would be very welcoming and non discriminate,

All I suggest to the perpetrator of entering my home uninvited is to not allow me to catch you , if you take offence to being permanently blinded in both eyes and me caving your skull in and then leaving you in the middle of the a10 for a lorry to run over

If I am downstairs when you chose to come in then unfortunately I will go medieval on your arse and leave you with more holes than a tea bag

• Options
    Can of lynx , a lighter , and a telescopic cosh all I need in the draw next to my bed , I would be very welcoming and non discriminate,

All I suggest to the perpetrator of entering my home uninvited is to not allow me to catch you , if you take offence to being permanently blinded in both eyes and me caving your skull in and then leaving you in the middle of the a10 for a lorry to run over

If I am downstairs when you chose to come in then unfortunately I will go medieval on your arse and leave you with more holes than a tea bag

Posting this on Charlton life sounds like you think your burglar will be a Charlton fan NLA.
    ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_news/basildon/9487544.Man_returns_home_to_find_intruder_watching_his_TV/
    This story did me in. The worlds gone mad
    Released due to 'background information'.

Strange.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I keep being told by the nth London knobends that south London is bandit country so I am just laying a warning to any charlton hood rats burglar scum avoid my house
  • Options
    Yeah, but what do they know NLA? North London has as many shitholes as South London, they're just more expensive.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I keep being told by the nth London knobends that south London is bandit country so I am just laying a warning to any charlton hood rats burglar scum avoid my house
    So are you going to the game on Saturday NLA?

:-)
  • Options

Can I suggest rohypnol as an alternative?
  • Options
    Two houses got done last Saturday in a road just off Hurst Rd. There seems to be a real increase in the area over the last six months.
  • Options

Can I suggest rohypnol as an alternative?
    tried it but you lose the pleasure of hearing the moaning