Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Biggest game you've missed ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Missed first game back at the Valley.

Missed Charlton 4 - 2 Chelsea I was away for Christmas in Holland with some friends who were or it felt they were about to seperate, oh fun...arguments a plenty...Watched on a 2 hour delay as live on a Dutch channel and got grief from all for keeping us at home!

Other than that was at the game v Stoke managed both of the Wemberley appearences in my life time....
  • Options
    Missed the play-off final (holiday) and the Chelsea 4-2 on Boxing Day 2003 (halfway through a 4 month stint at the NHS's pleasure).
  • Options
    Missed the first game back at the Valley, well sort of. My Dad forgot to send off for tickets until too late. We decided to go to the ground anyway and experience the atmosphere and maybe we'ed get lucky and get hold of some tickets. I got one offered to me for £100 but we needed two. Went up to the Heights and watched from there for a while until the wonderful boys in blue moved us on. Thanks guys..:-(
  • Options
    Wasn't allowed to go to the Leeds Play-off game at St Andrews by my parents.
    Missed "Operation Riverside" as I was on a family holiday in Gran Canaria, so ended up watching it in the Rangers bar in Playa Del Ingles. (The English Bar was showing the Arsenal game. Typical!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]England V West Germany, Wembley 1966. It was the World Cup final and we won 4-2 (aet). My mum's cousin Val got married to Frank that day so all my family missed it.
    I was only 10 months old and stayed at my Nan's for the day. Can't even say I watched on telly without knowing. She didn't have a telly.

Very good lol :-)
  • Options
    this one :'(
  • Options
    i feel for you! reason?
  • Options
    living in sheffield and am already coming up and down twice for a funeral and watford next week, just couldn't afford everything and i chose an away day over curbs' return :s

obviously excusing pre-birth massive games this is the biggest!
  • Options
    For me the first big one I missed was the Chelsea 4-0 at The Valley in late 70s when their lovely supporters torched the turnstiles and tried to demolish the place. I was away on a school trip in Brighton, and had to get the result from the next day's paper - didn't expect it to be front page as well as back page news!