Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Saturday (just gone)

What a lovely day. As Charlton weren't playing I decided to take the family out for the day. Ended up down on the coast sitting on the beach in the glorious sunshine building sandcastles for my boy to kick over! I got to thinking, if the season ended tomorrow I wouldn't really give a monkeys - it just doesn't matter.

Comments

• Options
    Dartford lost to Fleet 2-1. 1,600 people. dropped down to 4th now.
  • Options
    I deceided to take a trip down to the coast as well and ended up in Broadstairs , very pleasant
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]I deceided to take a trip down to the coast as well and ended up in Broadstairs , very pleasant

Are you me, posting under another name? That's where we went too!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Did you have a pint and sit outside the Albion Hotel !?
  • Options
    No, actually I was very good. Got down there about 11-ish, sat on the main beach for a couple of hours or so doing the sandcastle thing then drove round to the next bit along to take my son looking in rockpools etc - never touched a drop of booze all day (even though I was massively tempted!)

It brought back memories of when I was a kid, although everything seems so much smaller these days!!! At least it didn't seem quite as run down as some of our other seaside towns are these days.
  • Options
    lucky you, i only made it as far into kent as a ropy pub in Chatham, with its own resident DVD man.

never seen so many teenagers with prams / tattooed women combinations before in my life.

Greatful to return to the Land Of Civilisation after :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Did you pull?
    ;o)
  • Options
    always amazing to me that wandering around Rochester is so much more a pleasant experience and is pretty trendy whilst Chavham is barely a stone's throw away .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]always amazing to me that wandering around Rochester is so much more a pleasant experience and is pretty trendy whilst Chavham is barely a stone's throw away .

True, but you could say the same about loads of places - Blackheath/Lewisham, Greenwich/Deptford, Dulwich/Brixton.
  • Options
    Being that I'm Chatham born and bred I should try and argue and defend my hometown. Reality is I just can't!!!

AFKA, what pub were you in? Sounds like my local!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]AFKA, what pub were you in? Sounds like my local!!!

The Old Post Office.

I'll give Chatham its due, it embraces all cultures, and was definately celebrating the Year of the Pig. :--)
  • Options
    Tell me about it, used to be a Firkin pub. Don't go down their unless I can help it or I'm already seriously lagging!!

Oh yes and Chatham's cultural diversity is one of it's selling points. Glad I moved away from the town centre.

All the local stereotypes were out and about I'm guessing??

And Rochester pub-wise is just as bad I have to say
  • Options
    I thought Rochester was decent in terms of the number of pubs ? Been twice (i think) and it was all good.............

Its nice down 'ere :)
  • Options
    There is more choice than Chatham, but that's like saying I'd rather have Dysentry than Ebola.

Maidstone is much, much better more choice and less pikie (collective of pikey)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]AFKA, what pub were you in? Sounds like my local!!!

The Old Post Office.

Lovely place. Why Chatham AFKA?!

Sooze - remember me and Kathryn went out once? That's where we went!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pork_pie[/cite]I thought Rochester was decent in terms of the number of pubs ? Been twice (i think) and it was all good.............

Its nice down 'ere :)

The Rochester Mile.... Pubs everywhere you look. Definitely my choice of place if I'm out on a pub crawl....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]

I just thought you took her to the local alley way??????

i liked where we went last january for your b'day, not the pub, but the street, looked so pretty and had character.

that was the beginning of the smart short culture. except in the winter, fat chavs in shorts and high heels is not attractive. corn beef legs alert.
  • Options
    Who is Kathryn? ;)

Medders next time we get a msg from Ms Holes requesting our presence in Maidstone, i think we should go.....
  • Options
    a girl from glastonbury that is from chatham, that went out with medders once.
    she's been living with my friend in newcastle for about 5 years now. lovely girl. once she moved away from chatham :-)
  • Options
    Cheers Ears for clearing that up.

See you in a few weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I ended up at the Theater on Saturday, and saw an excellent version of Twelve night at the Old Vic, then stayed out
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]

I just thought you took her to the local alley way??????

i liked where we went last january for your b'day, not the pub, but the street, looked so pretty and had character.

That was after, and round the back of said pub...! I know how to treat a woman!

B'day was Rochester High St. Will take you to some proper character pubs down there when you're next around....
  • Options
    Took my two year old to Howletts zoo / wildlife park - he loved it and a great day out...also love Broadstairs and am considering moving down there - just trying to work out commute times....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]Took my two year old to Howletts zoo / wildlife park - he loved it and a great day out...also love Broadstairs and am considering moving down there - just trying to work out commute times....

One of my mates used to do Margate to Cannon St daily.... 2 hours each way.... no idea how he managed that for several years before moving closer up.

Not sure what sort of impact the high speed rail link will have on that for the future.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]Took my two year old to Howletts zoo / wildlife park - he loved it and a great day out...also love Broadstairs and am considering moving down there - just trying to work out commute times....

Howletts is a good day out - I could sit and watch monkeys/gorillas all day long! It was a toss up between there and the coast for us this w/e. As it was sunny we went to the coast.
  • Options
    Maidstone = Top Night Out
    Chatham = Have a Good Fight out
    Rochester = Somewhere in between the the top two
  • Options
    The only good thing about Chatham is the Flagship Brewery in The Dockyard.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]The only good thing about Chatham is the Flagship Brewery in The Dockyard.

The only good thing about Chatham is the A2....
  • Options
    The Only good thing about Chatham is my mates Club called the Manor Club & he has Judge Jules playing there this Saturday coming as he is bringing house back to the Chatham massives..!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]The Only good thing about Chatham is my mates Club called the Manor Club & he has Judge Jules playing there this Saturday coming as he is bringing house back to the Chatham massives..!

Which happens to be on the A2.... ;-)