Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beattie Sending off

2»

Comments

• Options
    The only people that will say that was a red card are people who have never played the game.

Russel could not win. The ball was a few feet away from him. Either he gets there with an outstretched leg and win the ball, or he doesn't challenge and has 17k people shouting bottle job, and his manager seething because that was exactly the sort of incident he brought him on for, to start winning more 50/50s in the middle of the park and give us a tighter presence.

Joke decision.
  • Options
    it's not the ref who's ruining the games it's the law and how fifa and the fa have changed the guidelines of whats acceptable and whats not.

• Options
    ShootersHillGuru 6:43PM
    I have watched and watched this .

That's the rub though SHG, the ref only saw it the once.
    Think he got it wrong but for the life of me I couldn't actually tell you what the flippin' law is these days!
  • Options
    Fair point six a bag but the ref had that card out pdq so his decision was instant and certain.
  • Options
    And wrong !
  • Options
    I said on another thread;

I thought it was a sending off at the time and I still do, although I haven't seen the tackle again. I thought, although he led with one foot and possibly made contact with the ball, his trailing leg was off the ground. So he was not in control.
    I think that is what I saw but it was very quick and gos to show how difficult it is to ref a pro game.

Most probably wrong but thats why I think the ref went for a straight red.
  • Options
    Kermorgant was not trying to be the peacemaker. He nearly pulled the bloke over and on another day would have got a yellow card at least. Hope CP has had a word because we cannot afford to lose him.

He did get a yellow card - which was all it deserved.

Kermorgant was booked for dissent and not for this incident. As I said, he was lucky not to receive any kind of booking for what he did.
  • Options
    SSN reported it was dissent. SSN also reported that Pritchard got booked for unsporting behaviour whilst he was time wasting.