Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Future Valley Capacity??

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2012
    agree with legaladdick, Saturdays attendance whilst very good it was perhaps a reality check that we couldn't get 19k or 20k home fans for the biggest game of the season.
    If we were re-established in the Prem then it might be nice to get a 30k stadium but 40k crowds are a pipe dream.
  • Options
    Wonder what the attendance Saturday would have been if we had had a couple of lower priced terraced areas? (for both home and away fans).
  • Options
    I love that pic of what the ground would look like with it the stands all joined together. It would look beautiful. Going past the Valley on the train now makes me appreciate the ground we have already really. I loved the old covered end and the portacabins etc but we have a lovely ground now, if you used to go when it was smaller you wouldn't belive it would ever look like it does. Premier League is a long way off and i'm just hoping for promotion this season at the moment but how good would it be if Sir Chris got us back to those amazing days of a few years ago.
  • Options
    we aren't going to fill the ground in league 1, start doing what we're doing in the champs and that will change :)
  • Options
    There's a long way to go, promotion no way guarenteed, economy is a complete mess and we're in the 3rd division. All things considered I think getting 18K home fans is pretty good.

• Options
    I would be very surprised if the club's planning advisers hadn't suggested renewing the permissions before they expired or even implementing them in some small way to keep them valid in perpetuity. Airman is right that if material considerations (including policies) change then reasons can be introduced to object to proposals that have previously been deemed acceptable. Hope we haven't missed a trick on this one.