Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hold on !!!!

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
Threads on;
"will we get 100 points"
"the team for next year"
"what game will we be promoted on"

This is CHARLTON !!!!!!! FFS are you all mad ?
We coat Wendies for giving it billy big bollox and do the same thing !

Enjoy it------------------hope our form lasts till the very last game---------------enjoy it, think of the last 5 seasons---------------play the numbers games in your head, but FFS dont forget this is Charlton after all (even with CP).

Comments

• Options
    With you 100%
  • Options
    I've deliberately not taken down my Christmas decorations this year.
  • Options
    Wont start my "Champions League Final starting line up" thread just yet then ;-)
  • Options
    You're 100% right but it is hard not to get carried away with it... looking back at past seasons etc and to think that we are 10 points ahead of Brighton this time last year etc....

but then we were the first club to win 6 of our first 7 games in a premier league season and not qualify for Europe.

Main thing is Powell doesn't let the players believe it - the key to that I think is making sure they are all fighting for their places which he's doing a good job of signing the likes of Haynes Russell etc
  • Options
    spot on

• Options
    I've just been down to the coop and I've definitely got 27 chickens...
  • Options
    Absolutely GH! Have been thinking about this myself but knew I'd be put do as a miserable old b**stard if I said it out loud. As someone posted on the '80/81 Season' thread, we were well clear but ended up staggering over the finish line and I can still vividly remember the disasterous end to '57/'58! Yes, enjoy but keep things in perspective.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Enjoying the moment of course but as I've been around The Valley since 1957 I'm certainly not getting carried away............seen it all before and so believe you me when I say it really could all end up in tears.....I don't think it will mind you, but it 'has' happened before!
  • Options
    Thank god someone's said it.
  • Options
    You're all right, this is a overachieving lucky Charlton team that will get found out, and we can return to type.

FFS, enjoy it you joyless arses
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm enjoying it, but in the manner of the man falling from a skyscraper -- "So far so good."
  • Options
    edited January 2012
  • Options
    Just in, pics of Afka leaving the Valley

• Options
    Was thinking similar

Easy now

A looooong 20 games to go yet

Too many over-confident posts around making me wince
  • Options
    Agree we should be keeping a lid on things but the aim is promotion and we are on course. Do we really think that CP and the board are not already making plans and scouting players. Making lists of who will have a part to play and who might not. Of course they are. It's their job and as supporters it's our job to have fun on forums with like minded individuals and to speculate ad infinitum and that's what it all about. I'm not counting any chickens yet. I've been an Addick since 1961 and have seen far far too many of my chickens squashed flat in the process of crossing the road. But without any Bertie big blox stuff we can have a bit of fun surely ?
  • Options
    Well done Goonerhater I am in complete agreement. I've supported the club for over 50 years and I have learnt never to take Charlton's form for granted. Of course the club should prepare for the possibility of promotion but let us all keep our feet firmly on the ground and as CP says "one game at a time".
  • Options
    So when am I allowed to enjoy it? August, July if I'm lucky?
  • Options
    The first post said 'enjoy it'
  • Options
    But It's all going to go wrong!

• Options
    We know!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Phew! I thought it was just me. I seem to remember us stumbling over the line when won the Championship in fact - another couple of games and things could have been very different.

Don't worry though I'm sure CP et al aren't switching off just yet.
  • Options
    Thought for a minute it was kicking out time at "The Venue" in N Korea looking at that picture.
  • Options
    Mind you, I reckon we're safe from relegation.
  • Options
    seth plum 8:22PM
    Mind you, I reckon we're safe from relegation.

Not if we go into administration
  • Options
    doh!
  • Options
    Nothing we write as fans will have any impact on what takes place on the pitch. So why shouldn't we dream and post our views? I notice that before every game many Lifers speculate on the upcoming game (including AFKA who forecast a draw against the Blades!!) I don't see any threads criticising those, so why not just lighten up and enjoy the moment?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Well said legaladdick.

If the team blow it from a postion of 60 pts from 26 games, then they will prove themselves to be an even more useless bunch of tossers than the crud we had to watch over the last hopeless and administration-threatened season or two. But of course, they aren't, Powell is not Parkinson, Jiminez and Slater are not Murray and Chappell and failure is not on the agenda.

Pride and hubris may come before a fall. But timidity and lack of self-belief are even more corrosive enemies.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I guess we all have our own ways of dealing with this season. Personally, I have had enough seasons of disappointment lately not to extract every ounce of satisfaction I can from this one. I'm not going to listen to defeatist talk. As far as I'm concerned, this is pay back time and I'm going to enjoy it. I know of course that it could all go wrong - I've been going to Charlton since 1967, after all - and I'll deal with that if it happens. But for now I say to hell with your cautious optimism, I'm already dancing.
  • Options
    Been supporting Charlton long enough not to be counting chickens just yet as I recall too many springtime collapses. Won't start celebrating until until I look at the league table and see the (P)!
  • Options
    No chickens being counted here!