Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hold on !!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Still time to make the play offs
  • Options
    Let's not forget, Powell played under Curbishley, who was the unopposed King of Spring-time collapses.
  • Options
    Incorruptible Addick has it spot on. Know one thing and one thing only people: we are going to smash this pub league and then we're going to smash the Championship next season.

Right I need to lay down now.
  • Options
    Counting chickens? Superstitious nonsense! A logical assessment of our position is that we would need a collapse in form of monumental proportions, which we haven't seen a sign of all season, not to get promotion. Only nineteen goals against, chaps! Only two defeats. Third highest scorers in the League. Two of the top five strikers. Have some faith.
  • Options
    Agree with the op
  • Options
    Am with the optimists. I told my boy we'd be going up this season. Chrissie wouldn't make me a liar, would he?

I trust this team and this manager. This isn't the Charlton we've endured in the last five or six years. It's a team of battlers.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited January 2012
    Totally agree with the optimists. I've supported Charlton since 1961 through thick and thin so more than used to the way we are. But, this to me seems to be a different Charlton team and I'm going to milk it for all its worth. And if it goes tits up I'll deal with it then. COYRs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I do agree to a certain extent I mean everyone knows that there is a lot of football to be played yet, however this is ours to loose. I ,like most fans, have had to endure some absolute rubbish the last few years but this season seems different the players love the club the fans love the players and there is a real good feeling about the club which I cant remember since the days when we were aiming for the premership last time. I have been a supporter long enough to know that nothing surprises me with charlton anymore and even when something seems cut and dry it can all fall apart. But after what us as fans have had to sit through can we really be blamed for having a little dream about happier times at the valley.
  • Options
    We do blame the current side for 30 years of following Charlton which is little unfair on them, I know Man Utd fans who say, typical United always doing things the hard way when they get a draw or something, its the nature of being a football fan. I intend to enjoy every week of this season and see no warning signs of it all blowing up in our faces, I look forward to everygame for the first time in ages but if you dont share my view and want to err on the side of caution thats fair enough, forums are about opinions, now I can go to sleep imagining winning promotion away and being crowned champions the week after like most of us do on here.....jump on in, the waters lovely
  • Options
    We never do it the easy way but after those two results nearly 50 years of Charlton induced scepticism is being steadily eroded by a growing sense of belief in ONE AIM!

I know I shouldn't yet!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One BIG difference this season to any season in a long, long time is the size of our squad and it's quality relative to the division we are in.

Our reserve front two, Haynes and Clarke, would WALK into 90% of teams in this league as would Waggy, Stephens, Evina to name but a few.

Under Parky in 09/10 - when we lost in the PO's - we had a tiny squad with only one quality striker (Burton) and no depth in key positions and nothing we could do about it.
  • Options
    Well I’m going to have to be the odd one out then. I’m happy to act like promotion’s the foregone conclusion that it is; I’m going to talk my team up; I’m going to tell anyone who’ll listen that Charlton are by far the best team in this division, and statistically the best team in England. And you know why ? Because we deserve it. Because the last few years have been horrendous and as up there with as disappointing as any fan of any club has had to endure in recent memory. We will be promoted, make no mistake. That’s not to say we should be complacent, it means we have a target that we’ve waited three years for which is now coming within sight (we could feasibly be there in 11/12 games) and we won’t be stopped so I’m starting the party now. So join me fellow Addicks, I know we’ve been let down in the past, but this time it’s for real !
  • Options
    Got at least 3 home games to be booed off in, before thinking of promotion.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    The difference from this season to last is massive. Last season McCormack was next in line for instance. Last season we had Doc and Dailly (who was starting to show his age). Last season we didn't have Wiggins or Hollands or Kermogant. It is realistic to expect this team will do better than the 1.5 points per game that would probably secure an automatic place - much better I predict. The defence doesn't concede and we have a decent team we could put together made up simply of reserves. We don't rely on any one player and at this level you can't pinn point a weak area in the side - It is about time we faced facts and realised that fears it will go wrong don't relate to the facts.
  • Options
    Can we name this thread the Glass Half Full or Half Empty please. Then we can get on with thinking about the Exeter game, just remember 'one game at a time'.
  • Options
    OK lets have threads about what players we should have next season FFS anyone remember Zeebel ? we were doing ok in the league and had just beaten Stoke at the Valley when Zeebel came along then all the threads were about who we would buy etc etc etc sooooooo lets hope non of the players of CPs team get to hear that some one em aint good enough for "next season "already !!

i realise that some on here cant read anything thing unless its in the Morning Star but the start of the thread does say twice ---ENJOY and regardless of what happens we should. There are very very very few seasons like this one(long may it carry on) so let the Northern Monkeys give it and we carry on ---right to the last game----smash records and laugh at the rest at the end of it all.
  • Options
    Yet another tirade from GH. If some want to go round like Trappist monks then let them. This is a forum where people can share their thoughts on the future of our club and don't have to be worried about upsetting moaners.
    Who are Zeebel anyway? If you mean Zabeel (do your homework son) then the big difference is that they never completed a takeover whereas the Mysterons have done so and we now have a squad which is the best in this division by a long way. In this and previous threads you come across as a somewhat deranged violent fascist but maybe you are just a mild-mannered librarian in the daytime. Your comment about the Morning Star which was totally out of context really sums up your bizarre attitude.
    For heaven's sake lighten up. lol
  • Options
    Someone pass the popcorn please.
  • Options
    Could be good this
  • Options
    Get to the point Yoss. We'll be gentle as it was your 1st post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No below the belt punches apart from that... ding ding
  • Options
    Don't count your chickens until the the glass is half full, the popcorn has been passed and the fat lady sings.

Don't walk under ladders or put new shoes on the table until promotion has been confirmed by an official Football League document wax-sealed with the imprint of Sepp Blatter's daughter's breasts.

Everything else is just superstition....

• Options
    It gets harder to be a pessimist after the last couple of results. Having said that, the job is still only half done

I'm just enjoying seeing some decent football and a proper team, playing like they give a monkeys for the first time in a few years. Seeing Powell's progress puts a smile on my face as well

Always room for improvement though (sorry, couldn't help myself!)
    ;-)
  • Options
    "come across as a deranged violent facist" whats your point ?
  • Options
    Interesting that you don't seem to disagree with that observation, so I will assume that you feel it is accurate. My apologies therefore for suggesting that you might be a librarian.