Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wright-Phillips signs deal

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
Great news

Comments

• Options
    Yep good stuff. IF we go up this season do people think he would start the championship season as first choice?
  • Options
  • Options
    Gotta be for me, the only reason we're doubting so recently is the bad run that he's been on.
  • Options
    Got to be first choice if we go up. Whether he would remain first choice, I'm not sure.
  • Options
    How long for?
  • Options
    a year
  • Options
    Dont think thats entirely down to him anyway.
    Although Kermits 100 times better than Hayes, Hayes linked up better with BWP.
  • Options
    Hasn't actually signed anything new
  • Options
    Activated a clause
  • Options
    This WILL be the start of another great spell for BWP. Just what he and we needed . COYR's
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great news , i'm sure he will start scoring again very soon.
  • Options
    He has offered us so much in the final third-we have not had a player like him since Darren Bent. Great news that he has signed the extension.

Onwards and upwards
  • Options
    the website says he's delighted
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    not to impressed with his interview..."Ive got through 25 games and my knee is much better, and ive got another year at a good club"

Ive read the original speech he had prepared where it clearly states "bloody fantastic club". but he wrote that before finding out about our nine alleged racist supporters. thanks alot guys. now we're only good! you should think of the consequences your actions might cause.
  • Options
    Can't be anything other than pleased.
  • Options
    i take it karim is only joking?
  • Options
    I think the reason he has not scored recently is that we have found out how great in the air kermy is so have been hitting quite a few balls upwards to him to flick on. This also co-insides with the injury to Stephens who can pick out a side splitting pass releasing bwp and by not really having that creative person in the team he has suffered because people tend to just hit it towards kermy.
  • Options
    He sounds really pleased with the extension as though he was worried we might not offer one, Bless !

Hope this relaxes all concerned both on & off the pitch and that he becomes the goal machine we knew & loved at the start of the season.

Bradley Wright, Wright, Wright !!
  • Options
    he's activated a clause
    he's activated a claauusse
    Bradley Wright-Phillips
    he's activated a clause
  • Options
    I found the most interesting thing in that article to be him stating that he failed his medical. No wonder Reading ducked out of signing him. Glad SCP took the risk. Personally don't think he'll be as good in the Championship but we shall see...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brilliant news, despite his goal drought, he had 14 league goals by November and surely it can't be long before he hits the net again.

Most natural goalscorer we have had since Bent, BWP has scored in the Championship before for sides struggling and has also been played out of position. If we were to go up, think he has the potential to follow Lambert and have no trouble with the step up.
  • Options
    I agree Fanny
  • Options
    @cafcdan18 - has he though? Hence my concern. 22 goals in 111 for Southampton in the Championship (though I think he played as winger for some of that if memory serves me right), and 4 in 16 for Plymouth in that league
  • Options
    The season he played in the Championship for Plymouth think he had quite a nasty injury (possibly knee) and at Saints, would be interesting to know his goals to starts as a striker stats. Just saying, that it may not be a massive concern, I would like to think if we go up, then he'll have better service in a better side, that coupled with regular football may mean he fairs better in the CC.
  • Options
    I don't understand why we are all worrying. We don't rely on his goals. He has 14 already (which is bloody good) and we are not in the Championship yet so there's no need to worry about that until we get there.
  • Options
    demba ba failed a medical and i'd say he's currently the most dangerous striker in the premier league. Ricardo Fuller faled one for us over ten years ago and he's still playing now. BWP is and will be a good striker and hopefully we are now and will be in future, in a position to bring him in and out of the team to give him a rest etc. Not many strikers play every game these days even without a dodgy knee and i think we all wondered how long he'd last this season. If Haynes starts Saturday i wouldn't look at it as BWP being dropped, rather that he's earnt a rest as he's previously been unrestable due to a lack of striking options.
  • Options
    The potential problem with dropping him was that we didn't have another forward to play that "poacher" role. However, now we do with Haynes. But if Powell drops him straight away it might look like a loss of faith in him. He's now got an extended contract and some serious competition, so taking those factors into play, I'd stick with him for the Exeter game and see how he reacts.

All that said, I'm quite happy with his performances of late.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I'm delighted with his performances of late - all strikers go through dry spells, but he's still getting the chances, and working hard, he's just not getting the rub of the green. Plus we're still winning despite our main striker not scoring.

Just don't reckon he'll keep us his (roughly 1 in 2) scoring rate for us in the championship
  • Options
    He always seems to do well against Exeter. He did for Plymouth which is why Exeter fans don't like him.
  • Options
    Personally I think he will score at least another 8/10 this season, and will easily get 14 or so in the championship