Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alan Green is he all that?

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
Heard him on Five Live tonight as the game kicked off, he was chuntering on abouthuge swathes of empty seats in the City end being the main talking point, appauling support etc etc Liverpool fans great etc etc.

By the time I turned the TV on it was 10 mins in and hardly an empty seat in the away end....did anyone hear him correct himself...bit of a niggle of mine but he can be so patronising at times

Comments

• Options
    Utter prick. Wonder when he last paid to get into a game.
  • Options
    Thought this was gonna be a "Would ya?"
  • Options
    Would happily machine gun that bell.
    Hope this is his last season, i know the bbc are getting rid of some commentators.
  • Options
    I have never heard any fan with a good word to say about Alan Green. Surely someone must like him to jusify the huge fees the Beeb pays him? Right?
  • Options
    does anyone like lee dixon?
  • Options
    He is the most annoying self opionated arsewipe ever.
  • Options
    I thought this thread was going to be "Is he all that... bad?"
    I don't mind him at all, I quite enjoy his commentary and when he's on 606.

Don't worry, I know I'm alone in that.
  • Options
    I,LL SEE YOUR ALAN GREEN AND I,LL RAISE YOU MR JIM BEGLIN
  • Options
    Ok pundits I like,
    Scott Minto
    Paul Walsh
    Matt Holland

.....pattern emerging ;-)
  • Options
    I like Lee Dixon.

Alan Green is alright, he's very forthright in his opinions and sometimes they're proved wrong afterwards. Like all of us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I will never forget that when we got promoted to the Prem, he said that other clubs had a bigger right to be there such as Wolves. Always thought it was about points and matches won, he says different.
    Complete knob.
  • Options
    Let's Stay Together is one of my favourites.
  • Options
    Wot? Alan Green gets the Liverpool gig? Well I never!
  • Options
    Alan Green is a Liverpool fan, I Thought the city end looked full to me
  • Options
    he makes all games sound like torture, then you turn on the telly to watch it and its a good entertaining match, he just does not like football.
  • Options
    Like Lee Dixon, one of the few I tolerate. Alan Green second behind Collymore as my least favourite football media person. Opinionated is one thing, ignorant loud mouth is Alan Green.
  • Options
    How many times did he go on and on about the wonderful atmosphere at Ainfeld? Always is when he's there and Old Trafford is always a morgue according to him.
  • Options
    he is a knowledgable and quite articulate commentator as well as being a big headed and arrogant twit .. as erudite as he can be, I am afraid that I just cannot tolerate that Ulster accent. So Green, Colin Murray, Stephen Nolan, Martin O'Neil, Gloria Hunniford and all the rest of the Ulster Murphyosi can shove orf back to Belfast and the sooner the better. Trouble is, once your arse gets on a BBC chair it's usually a dynamite or death job to get it removed.
  • Options
    He is NOT knowledgable! Please read the thread I put the link too above. He knows very, very little about football. His whole commentary exists of simply shouting "Woeful, woeful, woeful." and "Half-way line" Just listen to him one night and count how many times he says "Half way line"
    If it's not a Prem game he's on he doesn't know any players names, it's always "the right back" or "the centre-half".
    He is proud of the fact that he never researches or brings notes to a game. Pathetic. Unprofessional.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like Lee Dixon too. The best BBC pundit in my opinion.

I wouldn't say I like Alan Green, but I find him entertaining. Especially if anyone dares to criticise him or suggest a strongly opposing view on 606... he gets furiously defensive.
  • Options
    its amazing the amount of people who like lee dixon. i find him so dull. i cant bare looking at his shovel smacked face.
  • Options
    Lee Dixon is the most likeable pundit on the BBC, not that he has much to compete with.
  • Options
    + 1 Dixon. When Hansen says what you should have done. Dixon explains why.
  • Options
    I cannot describe how much I hate Alan Green and his commentary .
    He only ever
    emphasises the negative and comes across a bitter and twisted old man.
    The sad thing is he never used to be like this but I suppose with age he has changed and the best thing the BBC can do is get rid of him.
  • Options
    Like Lee Dixon, Alan Hansen and garth crooks
  • Options
    Agreed Dixon is decent. Seems a nice guy and actually analyses what's happening instead of stating the bleedin obvious a la Shearer.
  • Options
    What annoys me most about him is not just that he moans all the time, but that most of his moans are bitter and ridiculous. He'll start the rant then everything that subsequently happens in the game will serve to re-inforce his point, even when it doesn't. Nasty little man and why he hasn't been sacked in all these years amazes me. If I was as bad at my job as he is, I wouldn't last long!
  • Options
    I,LL SEE YOUR ALAN GREEN AND I,LL RAISE YOU MR JIM BEGLIN
    Garth Crooks trumps Green and Beglin, easy.
  • Options
    ...with the charismatic Alan Shearer not far behind.