Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Video - The 1994/95 Season

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
Here's another vid - It's taking ages to export and upload this one (I didn't realise YouTube allow 15 minutes per vid 'til halfway through!!) Will literally take me a week, but here's the first one.

Part 1 of 9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYGmmownSrw

http://bit.ly/z2gclY

Comments

• Options
    david whyte..whyte...whyte...
  • Options
    fantastic, thanks Jimmy!
  • Options
    Big fat big fat Pete big fat big fat Pete big fat big fat Pete big fat Peter Garland
  • Options
    All entries must reach us by January 1996

Damn i really wanted a super VIP day out at a Charlton home match.
  • Options
    Mmm.....makes Ben Hamer look like Peter Shilton. But it was, as the man said, a televisual feast.
  • Options
    What was the story with David Whyte?
  • Options
    My first year as a season ticket holder - happy days! Think the first Target 10000 promotion game was that season, 13,500ish saw us beat Notts County 1-0. Could be close to double that for the next ticket promotion against Stevenage!
  • Options
    Andy Petterson was without doubt, the worst goalkeeper we've ever had. The Sam Bartram statue would do better................
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    @Valley 11 - Whyte got 21 goals that season and looked quality. Proper cult hero, supposedly a lousy trainer with a dodgy attitude but turned it on on matchday, the fans loved him. Last seen a couple of years back trying to blag his way into a gym in Catford by pleading that he used to play for Charlton, think I read that on here. Trivia fact - his last goal for Charlton came in a 2-2 draw at Reading, the same game in which Lisbie got his first for us.
  • Options
    I own this on VHS. It was my second season watching Charlton and I have watched the video about 20 times. Know it off by heart. Happy days. 3-0 over Watford and 3-2 over Wolves were highlights.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Andy Petterson was without doubt, the worst goalkeeper we've ever had. The Sam Bartram statue would do better................
    Yet he was once player of the year and he never even claimed to support Charlton.

You kind of forget how crap we were in the early to mid nineties.

I still loved every second of it though & was always proud to wear my Charlton scarf to school with all the Man Utd, Liverpool, Villa and Wolves fans. I'll never forget the Palace fan at my school, who was the other random South East London football fan in Kidderminster, boasting that they'd signed Bruce Dyer for £1m. I'd never met a Palace fan before I went to middle school but I soon learnt they're born stupid.

Great memories, thanks for the upload Jim.

• Options
    No problem! Here's part 2...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jX0svpK21w
  • Options
    MORTS WONDERGOAL!!!!
  • Options
    Used to love watching Morts play and was gutted when he left the first time.
  • Options
    I wonder if we'll be watching this seasons highlights in 15 years and thinking it looks old fashioned.
  • Options
    How bad is Alan McLeary (number 6) though?
  • Options
    Thought we done okay against Brazil.......................
  • Options
    david whytes goal v watford is up there in best ever at the valley... kim grant...bless him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Brings back so many memories. 1-11 on the shirts. Robbo and Robbo on the wings interchanging, Nelse's tireless running, Whytie's goals...Petterson against Burnley...oh dear. He did come good in the end though...
  • Options
    thanks for this jimmy. Keep them coming!
  • Options
    And to think we let Primus go for Mcleary. Tut tut.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    You have to love Steve Dixon's totally impartial commentaries :)
  • Options
    Maybe not the best, but a proper gent. The club could have treated him a lot better too
  • Options
    Petterson did make the best save I have ever seen a charlton keeper make though. Think it was at home to Palace from a close range header - proper Banks style.
  • Options
    Absolutely cracking og by Chapple at Wolves....
  • Options
    Largo-yea I remember Whyte well as had season ticket every year in 90s. I meant, what was the story after he left? I seem to remember someone saying he went off the rails. Wondered what actually happened.