Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Video - The 1994/95 Season

2»

Comments

• Options
    DamoNorthStandJanuary 27Quote

Petterson did make the best save I have ever seen a charlton keeper make though. Think it was at home to Palace from a close range header - proper Banks style.

It was against Palace in front of the Covered End. The best save I have seen at the Valley. 96/97 season I think. We won 2-1.
  • Options
    Tbf I think Amman was probably worse than Petterson.

How naive is some of Rufus' defending? Not many hints at a legend in a making in these highlights. Maybe a lesson for people writing off the likes of Mambo.

We sure had a lot of wingers in that squad as well. I swear in at least one of these games we've got Bennett & Morts at full back, Robson & Robinson out wide and Walshie in centre mid. Newts was probably on the bench too & Nelse spent most of his time down the channels. You can see why signing Kins was such a turning point for us.
  • Options
    Nice one Jimmy 85, had this on video aged 8 and this is one of the first seasons I remember.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Great stuff Jimmy 85! Really enjoyed this one along with the other videos you have posted on here. Hope there are more to come. Speaking of which back in the summer you posted on youtube season 1987/88 season. Great viewing, but I could not find the final part. When you have the time is there any chance you could upload this? Thanks again Jimmy
  • Options
    Morts at left back. Goodness me. Would have been better with Robinson at LB and Morts at Left mid!
  • Options
    You have to love Steve Dixon's totally impartial commentaries :)
    Is it just me or does anyone else think the guy (with the silver slicked hair) in the direct line ads looks like steve Dixon?

Been looking for a picture but can't find one........................
  • Options
    only one I can find. Of course, this will be a big whoosh for anyone who doesn't know Steve............................
  • Options
    Thanks J85 - very enjoyable - particularly a youthful looking SCP playing for Southend on Boxing Day. (Part 5 around 11:30 mins) Is that Steve Brown making him look like a second-rate left back? lol.