Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Marshall

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
From a very reliable source in Leicester (my friends uncle is a scout for them), it is between us and them to sign Ben Marshall.

My thought is that if Leicester want him a lot, he will go there as they will pay ridiculous money. If they don't then it could easily be an even race for the signature.

I know there's been mentions of him on various other threads but it all becomes a bit confusing.

Comments

• Options
    Said before that I can't see it happening but if it did I reckon it would see Jacko move inside into centre. Like you say doubt we could compete with Leicester though.
  • Options
    he is a left winger and we don't really need one with our skipper in that position so think highly unlikely.
  • Options
    Didn't Solly mark him out of the game though and get subbed ? However, Chris Solly is f***ing quality mind you
  • Options
    Buy him and then we can play one up with Jacko in a three in the middle
  • Options
    Id be very happy if it was true but cant see us competing in general especially as its not like we are desperate for a player in that postion so surely wont break the bank to sign him.
  • Options
    I guess our strength would be that Marshall might fear getting lost in the shuffle Adam Johnson style. Leicester spent silly money in the summer and like City, if it doesn't work they'll just buy more to replace the current crop. Considering he apparently rejected a contract offer at Premiership Stoke it would seem he's more interested in first team football than money
  • Options
    sorry but i don't believe this !
  • Options
    jackson is a left midfielder whereas this guy is a proper winger. could make an option for jackson to go in the middle. dont think we will get him though.
  • Options
    £500,000 apparently, I do not think we can find that type of money. Your friends uncle maybe listening to his agents speil
  • Options
    Hope if he does not come here, he does go to Leicester, has been one of Wednesday's best players so hopefully it will be a big loss to them.

Not sure if we need a LM though, if Jackson, who on current form is not going to be dropped, was to get injured or suffer an injury, can see us using the loan market.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If this was to happen and jacko goes to midfield where does that leave Stephens?
  • Options
    He can play on both wings, would certainly give Green some tough competition.
  • Options
    But...I thought Mandaric was going to splash big money on his team this transfer window? All those Wendies fans told us so...surely he'd fork out £500k for a player who's clearly settled at his club.
  • Options
    The strong rumour I heard (from a reliable source) is that we are after a Premiership player. However he is expected to sign for a Championship club...
  • Options
    @GreenieJunior On the bench for now
  • Options
    That fits with Marshall then , stoke player going to leicester
  • Options
    I do not think that Jackson would have to be the one who was left out. (no pun intended).
    When he first arrived he was very effective on the left side of central midfield and I thought that was his position when he arrived and moved further wide later. Maybe wrong and this was where he played before joining us?
    At the end of the day, play your best 11 is not a bad idea. (not suggesting he plays in goal etc).
  • Options
    Thing is baring a real collapse we are going up, so if we have the chance to nab a bargain now with next season in mind I think we will.
  • Options
    Thing is baring a real collapse we are going up, so if we have the chance to nab a bargain now with next season in mind I think we will.

Sound.
  • Options
    would be a good signing if true!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No doubt this thread has now been linked to the wendys site and they're all having a giggle that we think we can sign him.

Despite the unlikeliness of it, we've got more chance than them.......................

Think their chairman has more pressing issues with his bank balance at the moment.
  • Options
    Never going to happen. We don't need him anyway...
  • Options
    I am not saying we will sign Marshall but think if a decent opportunity presents itself the board and CP may surprise us again
  • Options
    John__PercyJohn Percy

@st4potter @APB1979 think its more. Charlton offered 500k and extra 500k on promotion so...
  • Options
    I'll believe it when it's on the O/S
  • Options
    If happened would also be a great result in terms of mentally if we signed the best player of one of are rivals who are already 7 points behind us.
  • Options
    Heard its between Leicester and Huddersfield, - This is the first time I've heard about us being interested in him,
  • Options
    we don't need another player in my opinion. Players are gonna start getting fed up like waggy
  • Options
    On the face of it, this would be an exciting signing for us and he fits the profile of other signings in some ways. He is young, proved his worth at this level, would be an asset if we went up and would keep him away from one of our promotion rivals.
    I hope it it true and cannot see why we have not at least made enquiries.
  • Options
    Yes please.